Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Time for a another "possible WIP"

Page: 1 of 1
 TriggerGod
05-05-2008, 7:27 PM
yeah, I'll still be working on another, but before I tell you about this one, I have a question: Do you like that guy who calls you a jedi if the droid says your a jedi? (On Dantooine) If not, then you're in luck:
Heres the idea:
Zerron, the militia leader, has another quest for you, and its about someone killing off a lot of settlers near Khoonda. And he's getting worried. The Mass Murderer considers himself "Kira" which is just a different way to say Killer. So he wants me to ask around about "Kira" until it leads to Grumpy Old Man Outside of the Ebon Hawk (AKA: Kira)
Now, I have a few problems:
1) What is Zerron's .dlg file called?
c) What is the script to transfer him to the cave (And summon someone else to his spot) when I find out he's Kira (Should be same script used to summon Gerevick to the Enclave Entrance after you're done exploring/talking with Whiny guy #2 (#1 is Carth) (AKA Disciple AKA Mical)
cuatro) What is "Kira" (Grumpy Old Man)'s dlg file?

EDIT: Another question!
82) Once I find and get "Kira" To talk (And eventually kill) He'll tell you that "Jedi with Red Sabers" are telling him what to do. So I also need a script that'll summon them After I kill him.
 HdVaderII
05-05-2008, 7:49 PM
Okay.
1. Zherron's dialog is zherron.dlg
2. for spawning the sith after the man dies, you need to

a. Find the Ondeath script area on the old man's utc
b. create a script like CreateObject( OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE,
"object_template", GetLocation(GetFirstPC()));

The desired utc template goes in object_template, and when the old man dies, the utc will spawn next to him.
you can go to the scripting part of the forums for in-depth scripting stuff
Hope i helped
(i don't know about moving the old man, though. I think you have to be in the cave to spawn him if you want him in the cave. that would invovle conditionals whether you talked to him yet or not, and if he was supposed to go to the cave.)
 TriggerGod
05-05-2008, 7:52 PM
Well, I want him to get into the cave after I finish the second to last part of the quest (Where we go to the Enclave and talk to the Disciple, and ask him about Kira, where he mentions asking Sir GrumpyFace)
 ForeverNight
05-05-2008, 8:04 PM
In that case you're going to have to edit some globals that trigger when you're at that part of the quest.

You are going to have to create a script that fires on entering a place (Try script injecting, really handy!) and tell it to check the global ("My_Quest_Kira_4") or whatever, and if it returns true, spawn "Kira" in the cave you're entering and kill him in the place he starts and vanish his remains...

My scripting knowledge, however, is very limited, so maybe somebody else with more could give you the actual scripts...
 TriggerGod
05-05-2008, 8:17 PM
Ok, once someone helps me with that, I also need to know where to find the dlg for Zerron, as KOTOR Tool doesn't have that.
 HdVaderII
05-05-2008, 9:10 PM
go into the erfs, go into 601dan, and go to z, and find zerron.dlg (I think his name is spelled that way)
 TriggerGod
05-05-2008, 9:24 PM
Ok, I went in there, and what I found was not the dialog I need. The dialog I need includes asking Zerron about the Kinrath Caves and the infestation (The quest that lets you battle the Kinrath Matriarch)
EDIT: Never mind, I got it. I've edited Zherron's DLG, and I'll soon be editing the administrator's dialog to mention the mass murderer. Then the Disciples (If I edit his dlg, I'm afraid it might not be compatible with the TSLRP. I don't know)
Now, to find Sir Grumpface's dlg file! (Action theme!)
 HdVaderII
05-05-2008, 9:54 PM
Does TSLRP edit zherron's dlg?
 TriggerGod
05-05-2008, 9:58 PM
I was speaking of the Disciple :xp:

On another note, I've found Old Man's utc, and his name (Its Tarn :lol: ) So I changed his name to Light (Which is a really cool name :D) and I need to know, should I give him some weapons so he can fight me. Should I give him a lightsaber? What kind of weapon, and how much hit points, and yadda yadda yadda.
EDIT: Alright, heres his stats (So far):
Lvl 12 Solider
16 STR
12 DEX
12 CON
8 INT ( :lol: )
12 WIS
12 CHR
50 Hit Points
And a whole bunch of feats
 BlazingPhoenix
05-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Yay, Death Note themed mod, neat idea. :P
 HdVaderII
05-05-2008, 10:45 PM
Lightsaber would not be a good idea, as he would need to be force sensitive to use it, and you would feel if he was force sensitive.

I would maybe give him custom items, maybe assassin pistols or something like that...
Just my humble suggestions
 Darth Payne
05-05-2008, 10:50 PM
Actually, all he would need is Lightsaber Proficiancy.

I use the KSE to add that to my non-Force sensitive characters like Mandalore.

Anyone can use a lightsaber, all it takes are decent skills with a sword.
 HdVaderII
05-05-2008, 11:27 PM
Wait...are you going to make him a sith, or is he just working for the sith?
 TriggerGod
05-06-2008, 6:27 PM
He'll just be working for the Sith.
Yay, Death Note themed mod, neat idea. :P
Wow, you figured out where it came from. 10 points.
I actually just started reading the manga.
 ForeverNight
05-06-2008, 7:06 PM
Well... if anybody here's read the Thrawn Trilogy, we know that the force is not needed to wield a Lightsaber. Case in point: Mara uses it in a Ysalmari (Sp?) Anti-Force bubble, as does Luke.

So, he could use it and handle it like a normal sword... maybe by giving it a negative attack bonus? As well as a negative blasterbolt deflection bonus?

Well, make sure to make it un-droppable with KotOR Tool and make it custom, and you'll be fine!
 HdVaderII
05-06-2008, 7:10 PM
Would he have some type of custom armor? Or would he still be dressed in the normal commoner clothing?
 TriggerGod
05-06-2008, 7:15 PM
Would he have some type of custom armor? Or would he still be dressed in the normal commoner clothing? You'll see in this post.
While we all were arguing on the lightsaber (Which was kind of a stupid question...) I came up with some ideas for what to give him as his new weapons & Armor:
Echani VibroSword
Sith Tremor Sword
Jal Shey Mentor
Universal D-Pack
Vao Armband
Bindo's Band

Alright, now, I still need the script that'll move "Light/Kira" to the cave after talking to the Disciple (Still need to edit his dlg)

I guess progress report:
Start Mod [X]
Find Files I need [X]
Edit Tarn's character to become Light [X]
Edit Zherron's DLG [X]
Edit Administrator's DLG []
Edit Disciple's dlg []
set up scripts []
edit global.jrl for quest: NO WHERE NEAR []
finishing touches []
 HdVaderII
05-06-2008, 7:49 PM
Sounds good for the weapons. To have him in the cave, you would need to set a global, and have the global be checked when you go in the cave.
This script should make him spawn if a global has been set
void main() {

if ((GetGlobalNumber("global_tag") == 1) && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40))

{

SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40, TRUE);

vector vPos;
float fAngle;

vPos.x = 106.24;
vPos.y = 238.01;
vPos.z = 17.15;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "npc_tag", Location(vPos, fAngle));

SetGlobalNumber("global_tag", 2);

}
}

Now for interpretation
"npc_tag" is obviously the name of the npc you want to spawn. Substitute your npc's tag there.
For the x and y's under vector, put in your own. Those were just examples.
For "gobal_tag" put in the name of a global in globalcat.2da. (It might work best if you create your own.)
For the == 1 part, substitute the global number of your choice into the spot where 1 is.

SetGlobalNumber("global_tag", 2); This part of the script sets the global to a different number to prevent respawning. That's the way I do it, but if anybody else has a different way, do tell.

Now, all that was assuming that you know a little about globals. If not, I would look at some tutorials in the tutorials section.

P.S.: I hope that works, I might have made a typo and screwed it up.

EDIT: For this to work, it needs to be on the heartbeat of an npc in the module
 TriggerGod
05-06-2008, 7:53 PM
Yeah, I might wanna do that.
But first, how do I make him say lines I want to say at a certain time? I want him to confess to me when he is spawn't in teh cave. But I don't know how to keep the "Confess" Convo tree away until then, and when then comes, I want to keep him from saying his previous lines.
EDIT: As I said in one of my first mod ideas that I wanted to do on my own:
Tell me in a way a third grader would understand it; Simple, short words, and step by step. :lol:
 HdVaderII
05-06-2008, 7:59 PM
The way I do it, MORE GLOBALS! YAY. :xp:
There was a thread back in the day that taught me that sort of thing http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1469796#post1469796)
This isn't exactly what you need, but it is about the same type of thing.
That is pretty simple, at least to me.

But as I said, there might be a better way to do it, I just do it this way.
 TriggerGod
05-06-2008, 8:55 PM
I think I'll ask around here.
Page: 1 of 1