Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

why are clones so dumn

Page: 1 of 1
 grenademaster
04-24-2008, 12:12 PM
I mean come on clones are helpful but sometimes their just stupid. For example on ghostship when the clones are moving backwards and they step on the mines. COuldn't the republic make smarter clones. why are they stupid? :confused:
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-12-2008, 10:55 PM
dumn
 LordOfTheFish
10-13-2008, 1:10 PM
They're not.

Originally Posted by grenademaster
For example on ghostship when the clones are moving backwards and they step on the mines.

Thats a general mistake.

One last thing: dumn? Ever heard of spell check?
 Theone Thewayne
11-24-2008, 7:29 AM
I mean come on clones are helpful but sometimes their just stupid. For example on ghostship when the clones are moving backwards and they step on the mines. COuldn't the republic make smarter clones. why are they stupid? :confused:

Read the books...
 M@RS
11-26-2008, 11:56 PM

They all aren't dumb, I mean come on, later they destroyed almost all of the Jedi... They have to be somewhat smart...
 Chevron 7 locke
12-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Clones are not dumb. the one on the ship simply made a tactical error. and the clones are rather smart. they managed to win so many battles, and many of them abandonded the empire when it rose to power. they got off the losing side. I really don't think thats dumb. i think that was rather intelligent of them
 jonathan7
12-22-2008, 10:45 AM
They all aren't dumb, I mean come on, later they destroyed almost all of the Jedi... They have to be somewhat smart...

Accepting orders without question is not the sign of an intelligent individual, plus the fact that Storm Troopers in most of the OT generally can't hit a cows backside with a banjo seems to fly in the face of them being an elite fighting force.
 M@RS
12-23-2008, 11:38 PM
Accepting orders without question is not the sign of an intelligent individual, plus the fact that Storm Troopers in most of the OT generally can't hit a cows backside with a banjo seems to fly in the face of them being an elite fighting force.

True... But they had to be smart to kill Jedi. Following orders is one thing, but completing them... I mean they were shooting at people who knew what would happen in a few seconds... Also, the only reason why the stormtroopers were bad shots was because it was a movie if they were good shots Luke, Han, Chewie, etc. would've been fried...
 Speedfire
01-01-2009, 10:56 AM
True True
 Darklink41
01-21-2009, 4:41 PM
Well, to be honest, Clones aren't "dumb" but they aren't brilliant either. Taking orders doesn't mean intelligence, it means they were trained well. Plus, taking down Jedi doesn't show intelligence either, if you have numbers you can just overwhelm the jedi. Winning battles goes along with taking orders, they couldn't have won most of those battles without the help of their generals (mostly Jedi).

On a side note, Clone Troopers are more "street smart" in a sense. lol but by street I mean battle. They know what to do in a pinch but they probably wouldn't be able to have a discussion on Calculus.
 LordOfTheFish
01-21-2009, 6:36 PM
Welcome to the forums, Darklink41!

I will agree with you there. But some, not all high ranking officers are quite brilliant. For example, Ordo. He is very intelligent. Just a thought.
 Darklink41
01-21-2009, 6:40 PM
Thanks for the welcome! ^^;

I definitely agree, but I was just talking on the premise of Clone Troopers. Like the infantry that makes up the majority of the GAR, excluding any Nulls, ARCs, and Commandos.
 LordOfTheFish
01-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Ahh, I see. The standard infantry units are smart, but not by any means brilliant. While they know about a lot of things, they lack personal experience with them So, it almost does them no good, since if given a coconut, they wouldn't know what to do with it. They'd know to eat it. But why, would be the question?
 MandoMan
02-21-2009, 1:24 PM
U know in RC ghost ship you can save some of the clones from the Trandoshans (only for PC sorry for inconvinience) even tho they dont help very much it makes you feel better that there are alive clones in the ship. As you said when they walked into the mines. You can disable them without them walking back. Simply click the ~ button which activates the cheat server. Type in "ghost" and walk thru the walls to the mines and disabke them. Go back to where u typed in ghost and type in walk. which disables the cheat. Go to the clones and quickly kill the trandoshans that they are retreating from. Vuala you have some saved clones
 LordOfTheFish
02-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice Bump...

But seriously, bumping (posting in threads that are inactive) is against the rules here on LF. You may eventually get banned if you continue to bump old threads.

-Fish-
 Fixer77
03-25-2009, 10:22 AM
I beat the game on PC recently. Clones arent dumb, there are quite a few parts in the game when they die a not so smart looking death, but hey, thats probably because they are trying to make the game exciting, perhaps a tiny bit creepy. Well at least in the Ghostship.
 Dark Nemisis
04-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Well maybe it's becuase they are barely even that old? there are enough of them to jam up the deathstars gun and they aren't ARC troopers.
 endofline
04-25-2009, 1:10 PM
Lemme clear up some things here. I'm a huge fan of the RC books and I try to learn as much as possible about the Star Wars universe as a whole.

1 A) Any stupidity in game by AI, is just that... dumb AI, and shouldn't exactly be counted so much as a reflection on how well they would actually perform if we could write the perfect AI scripts to act accordingly.

1 B) An alternative is you're seeing a well executed trap laid down by the trandosians (I can't bother to look up the real spelling right now). Hell they caught an RC for that matter. The troopers are weary and really stressed out right now. Everyone has a breaking point.

2) As for being smart enough to take down Jedi, that's a huge misconception that that was the plan all along. It wasn't. There are hundreds of odd little emergency scenarios that were drilled into them and they had to know all the orders. For example:

Order 65: In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv).

The fact of the matter is that Order 66, was triggered by absolute evidence that the Jedi were acting against the Republic. Not that it was needed, but when Mace Windu tried to take out he Chancellor, that was enough for him to declare Order 66 when he survived. Enough that the order would go unquestioned throughout.

When the order was given out, no trooper was thinking about Order 66 until they got it and just assumed "Hey take out the Jedi because they are revolting". No planning, no contemplation, just spur-of-the-moment.

3) The original GAR troopers are excellent specimens. They are intelligent and effective. They were weeded out and any "defects" were dealt with. - RC book series.

The latter troopers, starting with the second wave of clones to be exact, was the clear indication that Kamino was no longer providing clones, at least not this second batch. These troopers were not as well trained (Kamino clones were trained by Mandalorians, the second batch was not) and it's indicated in a few other books / games that the rest of the clones afterwards were the "value" model and kind of retarted.
 CT-390
04-30-2009, 8:04 AM
Just a general mestake they were being shot at so they couldn't look backwords,thats it.
 CT-390
04-30-2009, 8:09 AM
Yeah I guess they are somewhat dumb I mean when the RCs come they are always outnumberd and loseing to some damn battle droids!
 CT-390
04-30-2009, 8:14 AM
Yeah sometimes they can be stupid but they need to actually fight because
whenever the RCs show up they are loseing to damn battle droids!
 M@RS
04-30-2009, 10:29 PM
^ There's an edit button so prevent people from double even triple posting... ;)
 CT-390
05-09-2009, 9:09 AM
What is the cheat button?:confused: I need to no because I would like to save clones.
 LordOfTheFish
05-09-2009, 9:23 AM
What is this cheat button? Oh! You mean the edit your post button to prevent double/triple+ posting. It's in the bottom right corner of your post under "you may."

Seriously dude, if there were a cheat button, what would be the purpose of games? They would be no fun.
 CT-390
05-09-2009, 3:31 PM
No I mean from the Mandoman guy or something like that:confused: said that there was a button that activated the cheat server,I have it for PC.
 M@RS
05-09-2009, 11:32 PM
Try PMing him.
 duster
09-14-2012, 1:09 PM
I don't think that they are dumb.If you save them you will notice that they keep going backward without caryng much about behind.I think that they are that way coded.To go to that direction but when they see the trandoshian they don't have any choice but to fire.But at the same time they have to go backward.
Page: 1 of 1