Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

i need help to become a modder

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Master Aagin
04-19-2008, 7:26 PM
what i want to do
is skin. i want to be a skinner
but i cant at all because ' I dont have photoshop CS2 '
the price for that thing is like 600 dollars!
i REFUSE to pay that!
i am not getting the trial version because all of my ideas are going to take so long i wont get one thing done!
i have searched all over the internet for a free download but all i can find are these register sites which make me pay money which i still am trying to avoid!
all the tutorials i see on skinning are stupid photoshop ones
and none of them use GIMP which i cant even figure out how to use because it wont open any files
how do all of you skinners get the things you have?
i want to skin but i will never do so as long as i have to pay money for it!
please pm me something that i can USE instead of all these dead links that never work! along with a tutorial PLEASE
:firemad:
im sick and tired of not being able to do anything but sit here and request away which is usually never done unless its really small and never fits up to my vision!
 True_Avery
04-19-2008, 7:30 PM
Microsoft paint
 WraithPrince
04-19-2008, 7:33 PM
how far do you get? like do you extract the .tga and open it? because im pretty sure gimp can open those and theres not much difference between gimp and photoshop other then its a bit harder from what my friend tells me.
 jonathan7
04-19-2008, 7:35 PM
You can use GIMP for free (its like Photoshop, and some prefer it) Download here; http://www.gimp.org/downloads/) :p

Just check the file types displayed, I don't use it, but if your struggling with GIMP, you'd struggle with Photoshop; spend time in the program, takes a while to learn things; I'm a pro in Photoshop, and still don't know half the things you can do in it.
 Jedi Master Aagin
04-19-2008, 7:40 PM
how far do you get? like do you extract the .tga and open it? because im pretty sure gimp can open those and theres not much difference between gimp and photoshop other then its a bit harder from what my friend tells me.
i extracted the file to imported models and tried to open it with gimp but it says something about how it will not accept

im trying to use microsoft paint but it only takes image files and not models for games!
paint will not work!
i also am confused as to where the models are for kotor 1 anyway?
what i found was BIFS>player.bif
which i doubt is right
D:<
 WraithPrince
04-19-2008, 7:47 PM
your not doing it right... u go to kotor2> Erfs>swpc_tex_gui>P and that will bring you to portraits and you extract it as a tga

or u can go to kotor2>erfs>swpc_tex_tpa>P and ull find character stuff such as armors and heads

or kotor2>erfs>swpc_tex_tpa>N and ull find nar shaddaa's textures and other npc's textures such as malaks sions dark jedi's ect
 Kainzorus Prime
04-19-2008, 8:05 PM
You don't open model files in Gimp/Photoshop/Any other image editing software. You only edit the tga files. You don't need the model files unless you're making completely new head skin and make it selectable (not a replacement).
 Jedi Master Aagin
04-22-2008, 10:37 PM
???
I am trying to make a new selectable head,and also wraithprince, im trying to skin for kotor 1, so i dont know if the models for them are in there...
 WraithPrince
04-22-2008, 10:39 PM
its the same catagory's other then instead f opening kotor2 u open kotor1..... and i dont think starting off with making a new pc head is the best of ways to start off but its your modding.
Page: 1 of 1