Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

x-wing DOS and tie fighter DOS with logitech attack 3

Page: 1 of 1
 Danfun64
04-19-2008, 10:55 AM
hi all. I want to ask a question, i want to play the dos versions with my new-school joystick, unfortunatly, since dos doesn't support usb, i have to use stuff like vdmsound and dosbox. I might also have to resort to a program like joy-to-key (but easier) to get as many keps as possible. If all else fails, i could eather use a keyboard and mouse. Or use the windows versions (which i have, could be considering getting the dos versions) which work fine (if i have to use windows versions, can you give a totorial on how to replace the wavs?).

My question is, what is the best solution?
Thanks for helping!.
 Wildstar
04-20-2008, 11:06 AM
I'd go for the Windows versions, but, unfortunately, I don't know if there is anything available on replacing the sounds in the games.
 Danfun64
04-20-2008, 5:20 PM
I'd go for the Windows versions, but, unfortunately, I don't know if there is anything available on replacing the sounds in the games.

I know how to do it i think (convert origional midis to wav, copy files from windows version cd to a folder in the hard drive, cut off the ends of the wavs so they match the lengh of the wavs in the origonal windows wavs [optional?], replace the windows wavs with the new ones, burn to cd) the trouble is how slow it is, even with the midis gatekeeper6838 already extracted and utilitys like winapp that convert the midis to wavs and auducity for cutting the lengh off. I think the process is too slowWouldn't it be nice more people did the process for me and others who want to change the sound around. That would take off a whole chunk off the load. Still, seems like a good idea.
 littleman794
04-21-2008, 1:40 PM
The windows version is also what i would go with....:D
Page: 1 of 1