Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

I saw The Godfather the other day...

Page: 1 of 1
 DarthAve
04-13-2008, 1:11 PM
It. was....

AMAZING!

Discuss the amazingness of that film and possible others...
 Halo_92
04-15-2008, 1:03 AM
You now JUST saw it?
 DarthAve
04-15-2008, 5:07 PM
I'd never been able to sit through the whole moviee and manage to stay awake. So I've seen it before, I just know now how it ends. :D
 tk102
04-15-2008, 6:15 PM
I'd never been able to sit through the whole moviee and manage to stay awake. Girl, tumtum tum tum you'll be a woman, soon.

You're on a roll, next up: Godfather Part 2 at a mere 200 minutes length. :p

Gandhi is another good movie that requires some patience.
 Psychochaos3
04-15-2008, 6:20 PM
It. was....

AMAZING!

Discuss the amazingness of that film and possible others...
Yeah, the Godfather's a classic.

Be very happy that their were 2 sequels, and Part 2 is considered to be one of the greatest sequels ever made.
 DarthAve
04-15-2008, 7:16 PM
Luckilly, my dad has all three on video, so I can watch part two when I'm ready. First! I get copies of the movies I'm in need of owning and frequent viewing: Dr. Strangelove, The Red Violin, Nosferatu, Metropolis, Atonement, and (Pretty sure it's not on DVD yet) The Other Bolyen Girl.

I've already seen The Red Violin and Nosferatu, and I have the book version of Atonement(I named my robot baby Cecilia after the main character), but Dr Strangelove I've been dying to see.
 Jvstice
04-15-2008, 7:28 PM
The godfather trilogy was awesome. Though he horse head scene in 2 really bothered me.

Nosferatu was funny to me. Perhaps I'm just warped though because I don't think that's the way youre supposed to react.
 JoeDoe 2.0
04-15-2008, 7:34 PM
Took u long enough, go see JAWS now
 Jae Onasi
04-15-2008, 9:33 PM
Jaws is awesome. So is Silence of the Lambs. So is Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.
 Jeff
04-15-2008, 10:55 PM
I have never seen The Godfather or Jaws or Silence of the Lambs. :o
 milo
04-15-2008, 11:19 PM
*crosses moel off friends list*

GO WATCH THEM
 Jvstice
04-16-2008, 1:22 AM
See the whole Godfather trilogy. It's good, but you might not want to see all of them at the same time as they are long.

Jaws is cool, but if you're easily freaked out you might not want to, especially if you have any plans on seeing the beach soon. Way back when I was growing up, I'd heard about how my mom saw it in the theaters, and couldn't make herself go in the water at the beaches for the next half decade - decade because she couldn't stop from thinking about great white sharks coming to get her.

And I really don't want to give anything away about silence of the lambs if you haven't seen it.
 Ray Jones
04-16-2008, 2:21 AM
Silence of the Lambs is ass boring. Just like that Steven King movie with that useless clown. Tommyknockers was somewhat exciting though, but only the first time.

Goodfellas is excellent.
 Smon
04-16-2008, 3:40 PM
Go see They Live.

Like... right now.

I gotta say, those sunglasses make viewing this forum an entirely different experience...

...hm Ray I never would have thought...
 Pho3nix
04-16-2008, 4:00 PM
Nice one, Ave.

You're like a decade late from the rest of us.

p.s Silence of the lambs was okay, though I like Hannibal the best.
 Psychochaos3
04-16-2008, 4:42 PM
The godfather trilogy was awesome. Though he horse head scene in 2 really bothered me.

Nosferatu was funny to me. Perhaps I'm just warped though because I don't think that's the way youre supposed to react.
I thought the horse head scene was in the first movie?

I love the bathroom gun scene.
 DarthAve
04-16-2008, 6:24 PM
Horsehead was in the first one. Because the movie director denyed Don's request of getting his godson or something (The name slips me) to star in the movie.

Also, I've seen Jaws, it just never made that great an impact on me. I mean, it's good but I live in an area where the only sharks are the kind you can keep in a small fishtank.

Nosferatu is hilarious. I think it's the eyebrows, or the way he walks. It's a bit creepy though after reading Dracula by Bram Stoker, but not that much. The scene where he's going up the steps and you can see his long "talons" freaks me out.
 Jvstice
04-17-2008, 3:03 AM
About godfather. Sorry for misreferencing. It's been a while and i've probably misremembered a lot by now, but I'll still stand behind the trilogy being worth watching.

Glad that I'm not the only one that thought nosferatu was funny rather than scarey. What you said... also the way he'd just stand there looming with that big goofy grin as though that was supposed to be intimidating all hunched over. My sense of humor is pretty warped and determines what I like to almost an absurd degree. If you found Nosferatu funny, did you ever see Tod Browning's "Freaks?" The "one of us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQkYGhmdMig)") scene at the wedding reception had me literally laugh until my eyes teared up. Though unfortunately the movie brought the director's career to an end.
 Ray Jones
04-17-2008, 2:55 PM
They Live is definitely cool.

...hm Ray I never would have thought...Huh?

^^
 martmeister
04-17-2008, 10:59 PM
The Godfather trilogy definitely takes some time to get in to. Not one of those: "fun action-packed comical adventures right now" movies. But horse head references and "making an offer you can't refuse" can enter your jargon.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-19-2008, 1:46 AM
ave go watch fear and loathing in las vegas right now
 Ray Jones
04-19-2008, 4:35 AM
and right after that Natural Born Killers
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-19-2008, 11:51 AM
the rayston is psychic :O

the first time i saw fear and loathing in las vegas i watched natural born killers right after
 Ray Jones
04-19-2008, 2:46 PM
I was about writing that post earlier, but something in me knew it would be wrong. But when I read your post today, I swear I felt that I have to write it.

Well, that and your "friend" sells infos about you. Go get him and bring his sorry behind to justice.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-19-2008, 3:34 PM
i watched both movies alone oh snap what now rayston
 DarthAve
04-19-2008, 4:22 PM
ave go watch fear and loathing in las vegas right now
Ever since I read "The Nasty Bits", specificly the chapter where Bourdain and some TV producer werr in Vegas and Bourdain name dropped the book/movie like 1000 times, Fear and Loathing has sort of sparked my interest. I think I was planning to read it though.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
04-19-2008, 5:37 PM
The book goes into a lot more detail about stuff (like why they needed to fill the back of their car with soap and ****), but Depp and Del Toro's performances in the movie make it well worth watching.

You should also watch Fight Club.
 Ray Jones
04-19-2008, 5:56 PM
i watched both movies alone oh snap what now raystonOK you got me there.

I'm psychic.
Page: 1 of 1