Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Finding the .dlg files for party conversations

Page: 1 of 1
 Serpentine Cougar
04-13-2008, 1:17 AM
I've been playing around in Kotor Tool some (though I don't really know what I'm doing), and I really like how it shows the dialogue files in a tree view. But I can't seem to find the files for party conversations (the ones where party members tell you about the planet you're on, reveal their backstory, etc.)

Using TaklEd, I searched for Taris and found Carth's lines where he tells you about the planet, then searched in Kotor Tool for the first few characters of the filename for the accompanying sound file. So I found the dlg file I was looking for, but I don't know where in the rims they are. Anybody have any idea?

P.S. I'm not doing this for any mod I'm making (cuz I'm not making any), just because I'm curious.
 Allronix
04-13-2008, 1:43 AM
They're not under the Rims. Go to BIFs, then head to templates, and head for "dialog" They're not based in the RIMS, as they can be accessed from any planet.

So, what you're looking for is k_h(character).dlg

Good luck!
 Serpentine Cougar
04-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Thank you very much! That's exactly what I wanted to know! :)
Page: 1 of 1