Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

"Major" Star Wars Force Unleashed Announcement

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Moeller
04-06-2008, 7:07 PM
Well the "huge" announcement on Spike just took place with Geoff Keighley and Haden Blackman who announced that in the first level of the game you get to play as Darth Vader on Kashyyyk where Vader finds this boy and turns him into his Apprentice.

Is it just me or is this something we already knew? Maybe not where you play at or that you find the apprentice there, but I already knew we got to play as Darth Vader in the first level. Lame.
 Bomberman65
04-06-2008, 7:44 PM
Well I knew you could play as Darth Vader but the whole finding the Apprentice on Kashyyyk is news to me.
 Darth Moeller
04-06-2008, 7:46 PM
Yeah I didn't know that, but they made it sound like it would be something to jump up and down over, and its just another piece of story info. They made it sound like playing as Darth Vader was something nobody knew about.
 TKA-001
04-06-2008, 7:48 PM
I've heard that the speculated "Vader Game" turned out to be TFU in the end. Personally I'll enjoy playing as Vader.
 adamqd
04-07-2008, 4:05 AM
Your right, we knew that already, and we knew that the Apprentices parents were Jedi and fought on Kashyyyk in and after the clone wars.
 Miltiades
04-07-2008, 8:26 AM
Wow, LA and their big announcements. They keep surprising me, in a bad way. I'm sure I've already read that news somewhere else.
 JoeDoe 2.0
04-07-2008, 8:28 AM
I still think it has something to do with the book DARK LORD
 Miltiades
04-07-2008, 7:21 PM
I guess it starts right after Dark Lord, since at the end of the book, Vader's on Kashyyyk. Anyway, people who have seen the "big announcement" video, did you see that Jedi being killed by Vader? Is that supposed to be the Apprentice's father, Kento?
 littleman794
04-08-2008, 11:28 AM
who knows...his father could have already died, or is still alive.

they might not even mention his parents in TFU...

like I said: Who Knows?(well, the game creators of course..they don't count)

hmm, as for playing as darth vader on the first level, it could be fun but it could be lame...it depends what you have to do and if you can use the lightning move that he shouldn't be able to use...(for more info see the thread:"Darth Vader using LIGHNING!?")

It all depends........on the player....
 Sabretooth
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
This seriously undermines my looking forward to the big Star Wars game announcement on April 11th. If it's Lego Star Wars again, my body will explode in a shower of blood and gore.
 littleman794
04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
thats a cheerfull thought

april 11th...hmmm, todays the 8th so that is in.....3 DAYS...

ps...what game announcement?from who?
 Ztalker
04-08-2008, 12:48 PM
@ Sabre; Love the Instagib Unreal reference :D

Hmmm...I believe it was gametrailers.tv that would have a special item in their new show. And the thing about Vader is already out whilst the new GT TV is not (April 11th) so it could be two seperate announcements.

And yes, we already knew about the Vader on Kasyyk thing. A journalist was allowed to play the leven, which the dev's described as 'prologue.' Check the stickied thread here for the interview ;)
 littleman794
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM
@ Sabre; Love the Instagib Unreal reference :D

And yes, we already knew about the Vader on Kasyyk thing. A journalist was allowed to play the leven, which the dev's described as 'prologue.' Check the stickied thread here for the interview ;)

what is the link to the "prologue" video??:borg1:
 Ztalker
04-08-2008, 2:09 PM
Woah, I mispoke. It was an article....it describes how a dev is playing through the prologue.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2008/03/lucas200803?currentPage=3)

Still interesting though!
 littleman794
04-08-2008, 6:50 PM
Woah, I mispoke. It was an article....it describes how a dev is playing through the prologue.

thx a lot, that is very interesting

:duel:
 Juno Eclipse
08-13-2008, 11:11 PM
I guess it starts right after Dark Lord, since at the end of the book, Vader's on Kashyyyk. Anyway, people who have seen the "big announcement" video, did you see that Jedi being killed by Vader? Is that supposed to be the Apprentice's father, Kento?

Yeah it is. His mother is already dead. Killed by slavers while trying to protect the wookies

:lsduel:

Come on people! common info visit these sites:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jacob_Nion)

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/)
 Da_man
08-13-2008, 11:26 PM

Why is an article of a developer of a Star Wars game in Vanity Fair? I can't quite wrap my head around that.

However, I think I saw a similar article in Xbox live magazine, or something like that.
 Miltiades
08-14-2008, 4:47 PM
Come on people! common info visit these sites: It may be common info today, that doesn't mean it was back in April, when I posed my question. ;)

Anyway, Spike TV will reveal something big about TFU plus show unseen footage from the game: Forceunleashed.org (http://www.forceunleashed.org/2008/08/12/gametrailers-big-force-unleashed-reveal-new-footage/).
 Nicomon
08-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Knowing them, it's propably gonna be something big, even though it's just a minimal segment of the show.
 Juno Eclipse
08-19-2008, 8:35 PM
Knowing them, it's propably gonna be something big, even though it's just a minimal segment of the show.

Or they might say it just to attract more Star Wars fans like the rest of us. They could just announce some common BS.:lol:
Page: 1 of 1