Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Team Beefy; Members wanted

Page: 1 of 1
 Beefyh
04-04-2008, 6:06 PM
Hello, I'm Beefy. I'm here to announce that I need members for my team. I currently need scripters, modelers, module-makers, people who are good with voicing, beta-testers, skinners, people who can give me ideas on what to do next, and people who are good with art. If you are interested in joining Team Beefy, please send an email saying so to ~ PM me ~. I am currently working on a story mod called The Reign of Horus. Anyone who is interested, email me. Also, my website is www.freewebs.com/beefyh). Remember, peace is a lie - Darth Beefy
 Inyri
04-04-2008, 6:15 PM
...what are you making? A simple title doesn't tell us much.
 Beefyh
04-04-2008, 6:46 PM
The Reign of Horus
I am working on a story mod called The Reign of Horus. The story starts right after Kotor 2: TSL at Malachor. You become Lord Horus's apprentice and set out to destroy the last of any opposing Sith and the last of the Republic. This mod will have things that I feel i never got enough of in the first two games. Assassination missions, and lots of them. I just love assassination missions and I feel that there weren't enough in the first two games. I also thought that the GenoHaradan didn't get enough attention even though it was a badass assassination agency. If you don't get where this is going you should either one: play the two games a lot; or two: reread the above paragraph again.

You can work for the GenoHaradan in my game. They are basically your people, you report to them and you get assassination jobs. If you are goodhearted and don't choose the dark path, which I have to say, is the most fun, there is also a lightsided way to this story. You can kill the GenoHaradan, destroy the Sith, and wipe out evil from the galaxy and restore the Republic's former glory. Sounds dumb doesn't it? If you want my advice, take the dark path, it is way more fun then helping people. Plus, you get filthy rich! What's not to love?

Another thing I'm including in my game are gangs. I personally love gangs. Only this time they don't keep to themselves, they go out on the streets and shoot up rival gangs and civilians and stuff. Now does my mod sound fun or what yet? If it doesn't yet, My mod has way more planets and missions. No offense to Bioware or Obsidian or Lucas Arts or anything, but you rushed your games way too much. Hell! Team Gizka has been working on a mod for years gathering all the stuff you left cut from the game. That's all I have right now, but I'll keep you posted when I get something new.
 Inyri
04-04-2008, 6:47 PM
...and what skills do you possess personally as far as modding goes?

btw I don't think suggesting people are stupid if they don't agree with you (every 3 sentences, no less) is a good way to gain interest for your mod.
 Beefyh
04-04-2008, 6:52 PM
I can make models, redo modules, and have experience with scripting. And also, I'm not calling people stupid because they don't agree with me. read the post, it has nothing to do with agreement.
 Rogue Nine
04-04-2008, 7:18 PM
Okay kids, let's simmer down. Things haven't even gotten off the ground and they're already getting heated.

For the record, I think calling people stupid in general is bad if you're trying to recruit potential team members, but that's just me.
 Sithspecter
04-05-2008, 4:09 PM
Another thing I'm including in my game

YOUR GAME? Sorry, but you don't understand. You need an insane amount of experience to make a total conversion mod, and that is not a new game. Agreeing with Rogue Nine and Inyri, calling people stupid isn't good, ever...

My advice to you is get some experience! Add more assassination missions to KotOR 1 and 2. Don't try to make a new game.
 Darth Xander
04-05-2008, 4:38 PM
I see you are going for something complex and challenging, start smaller try making a planet.
 TriggerGod
04-06-2008, 1:08 AM
This sounds like a great mod.

I suppose this is a TSL conversion, so I (PM), if it is K1, then no.
 Exile007
04-06-2008, 1:56 AM
Hmm, is this a total conversion mod, or do you just do more stuff after Malachor?
 DarthJebus05
04-06-2008, 2:31 AM
YOUR GAME? Sorry, but you don't understand. You need an insane amount of experience to make a total conversion mod, and that is not a new game. Agreeing with Rogue Nine and Inyri, calling people stupid isn't good, ever...

My advice to you is get some experience! Add more assassination missions to KotOR 1 and 2. Don't try to make a new game.

I agree with SS here.

By the looks of what you are looking for in modders to join the team, makes it look like you can't do anything.

I currently need scripters, modelers, module-makers, people who are good with voicing, beta-testers, skinners, people who can give me ideas on what to do next

Scripters: Obviously you will need modders with advanced knowledge of them.
Modelers: You are one yourself.
Module-makers: You are also one yourself.
Voicing: Whats so hard about voicing if I may ask?
Beta-testers: N/A
Skinners: Is skinning really needed?

People to give you ideas? You don't start a mod if you have no idea what is going to happen after something before it. Before you announce a mod, you must have a good storyline, a draft ending in mind and what your new characters personalities are going to be like.

I was considering helping you out a little bit, until the part where you called certain people stupid. That was a big no-no.
 stoffe
04-06-2008, 8:20 AM
Mod note:
I believe the original poster gets the message by now; could we get back on the topic please? :) If you don't want to help or have any constructive suggestions please refrain from posting in this thread.
 Beefyh
04-07-2008, 6:59 PM
I made all my characters and everything, and mapped out where I wanted everything to go. I realize now that I should probably start my making new guns or something, then get back to my mod. and also, this mod is for tsl. I also get the point that lots of you don't like the word stupid. Ok? Ok.

Hmm, is this a total conversion mod, or do you just do more stuff after Malachor?

This is a total conversion mod. Technically, you start off after malachor, but it's not just an add on to the game.
 V. Melkalis
04-08-2008, 7:41 AM
developers, developers, developers, developers! developers, developers,

(....etc for a few pages. Snipped.)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/forumdl/cardwarning.jpg)

Mod warning: Please refrain from spamming these forums with pointless spam like this if you wish to continue being a member here. ~M
 bindo245
04-08-2008, 8:23 AM
Are you Ok? V.Melkalis?

oh yeah one more word:

workworkworkworkworkworkworkworkworkworkworkworkwo rkworkworkwork

(....etc for a bit. Spam snipped.)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/forumdl/cardwarning.jpg)

Mod warning: Please refrain from spamming these forums with pointless spam like this if you wish to continue being a member here. ~M
 V. Melkalis
04-08-2008, 9:08 AM
http://www.seancoon.org/wp-content/postimages/steve_ballmer.png)

(...more image spam snipped...)

http://www.starwarsknights.com/forumdl/cardban.jpg)

Mod note: For future reference it may be wise not to disregard moderator warnings if you want to continue to participate in a community. ~M
 Prime
04-08-2008, 10:58 AM
developers, developers, developers, developers! developers, developers,

(....etc for a few pages. Snipped.)
Is it sad that I got this joke? I think I've been in the high tech industry too long...
Page: 1 of 1