Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Character [Spoiler Warning]

Page: 1 of 2
 Hayden GS
04-04-2008, 5:34 AM
WARNING SPOILER CONTENT!

TFU features two new characters with Darth titles.

Darth Phobos:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/a/ac/Darth_Phobos.jpg/250px-Darth_Phobos.jpg)

Darth Desolus:
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r125/swfan84/desolus.jpg)

Comments?
 adamqd
04-04-2008, 6:00 AM
There in the PS2 only Jedi temple training level (or at least thats what I can tell from the video) they look awesome! and if you noticed when you see them, the ancient Jedi spirit voice-over sounds like Kavar from TSL... I wonder if... ;)
 Ztalker
04-04-2008, 7:33 AM
They look a bit clichй to me.

The alien-exotic-double bladed-sith is something we've seen already (maul?) and the second one just looks insanly like the guy from Episode 3, but with a lightsaber.

No....I don't like them, to be honest.

Whatever happened to unique villains like Jerec and Desann? Each with a good background an motivation. These 'random mini bosses we dump in the temple' don't feel right. :(

Of course, I could be easily proven wrong if they DO have a nice story, but at first glace they seem for to generic.
 Astor_Kaine
04-04-2008, 7:38 AM
There in the PS2 only Jedi temple training level (or at least thats what I can tell from the video) they look awesome!

I doubt they'll be PS2 only; i've seen shots of a screen with them in either a Wii or 360 version, so they're probably in all versions.
 adamqd
04-04-2008, 7:39 AM
^^
If your gonna play it on next gen, you probably won't see them
 TKA-001
04-04-2008, 9:45 AM
More Darths than Sidious and Vader in the movies era? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

Looking at the first one makes me want to wretch.
 Astor_Kaine
04-04-2008, 11:10 AM
If your gonna play it on next gen, you probably won't see them

Yeah, i've just been looking at the site, and It seems that there are five levels not on next gen consoles. Annoying, but that's another matter...

More Darths than Sidious and Vader in the movies era? You've got to be ****ing kidding me.

That's a very good point, and something I never thought about before. Maybe it's a good thing they're not on next gen consoles, then...

I really hope that they've got a good reason - maybe that they are 'pretenders' to the Dark throne of Sidious's proper Sith Order - which may be the reason you kill them.

That erm, thing, in the top picture is probably another reason i'm thankful I can get the 360 version, and not have to fight Darth Hideous up there.

EDIT: Actually, just looked it up on Wookieepedia. Here's what it says:

POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Darth Phobos was a female Theelin Sith Lord from an unknown time period. She wielded a double-bladed lightsaber. According to TheForce.Net, Phobos is "a punk looking female alien with big 80's hair", and appears in Game Pro magazine's May 2008 issue. She will be in the Wii-exclusive Jedi Temple level and a playable character in the Wii-exclusive duel mode.

This may be the "Darth Phobas" who voice actress Kari Wahlgren has claimed to be playing in the game.

So there we have it. And Darth Desolus:

Darth Desolous was a Pau'an Sith who fought the Secret Apprentice inside the ruins of the Jedi Temple as part of a metaphysical test. This character was first mentioned on Leland Chee's blog in 2006, where his name was said to be inspired by the word desolate.

In March 2008, an advance review of the game The Force Unleashed described Desolous as a Sith Lord who the Secret Apprentice fights to earn Darth Vader's approval. This review also states that Desolous may also possibly be of the Pau'an species. A second review, a few weeks later, announced that the character is the first-level Boss in the Wii version of the game, located in the decayed Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but spelled the character's name "Desolus".

An image of Desolous, apparently from a German TV program,was posted online in March 2008. This depiction of Desolous is likely to be broadly accurate, as the same image also includes a picture of Darth Phobos, whose appearance has now been confirmed from one of the advance reviews.

According to a fan who has attempted to translate the dialogue, the same German TV clip also claims that Desolous is a former Jedi, and that he was trained as a Sith by the holocron of Darth Phobos. This resembles the way that XoXaan trained Darth Krayt.

By taking a Darth name, Desolous appears to have challenged the Rule of Two embodied by Palpatine and Darth Vader.

If he's trained by Phobos, would that mean he's a Wii only character?
 Miltiades
04-04-2008, 6:48 PM

The alien-exotic-double bladed-sith is something we've seen already (maul?) and the second one just looks insanly like the guy from Episode 3, but with a lightsaber.

I agree. It's something we've seen before. They don't look that cool, anyway. Especially Phobos' design is bad, IMO.
 Rev7
04-05-2008, 1:15 AM

QFE.

I definately don't like the first one. The second one just seems out of place. Essentially, I don't like either of them. :)
 TKA-001
04-05-2008, 7:32 AM
Why smiley face, then?
 LordOfTheFish
04-05-2008, 7:54 AM
Not the best choices but not enough to ruin a game. The guy at lucas are kinda running out of idea.
 Miltiades
04-05-2008, 9:08 AM
Not the best choices but not enough to ruin a game. The guy at lucas are kinda running out of idea.
I find it strange, since everything I've seen so far about TFU concerning the characters seems to be great. No uninspired characters, but well-designed ones... until these two.
 Ztalker
04-05-2008, 9:20 AM
Plus, storywise it's a stupid choice to put them there....

These guys know how to wield a saber, just took the name Darth, AT Coruscant, and live in the Jedi temple? I mean....they are NOT part of Sidious order (who would fry Vader alive if he knew about the new Darth, the apprentice) since he believes in the rule of two.
In my opinion, naming yourself Darth, live next to a tyrant who HATES other Sith then himself and his apprentice and walk around a Jedi Temple which Palpatine surely oversees doesn't seem the best place to hide or plan an attack. It's more like...suiicide? :)
 Astor_Kaine
04-05-2008, 9:38 AM
Plus, storywise it's a stupid choice to put them there....

These guys know how to wield a saber, just took the name Darth, AT Coruscant, and live in the Jedi temple? I mean....they are NOT part of Sidious order (who would fry Vader alive if he knew about the new Darth, the apprentice) since he believes in the rule of two.

In my opinion, naming yourself Darth, live next to a tyrant who HATES other Sith then himself and his apprentice and walk around a Jedi Temple which Palpatine surely oversees doesn't seem the best place to hide or plan an attack. It's more like...suiicide? :)

I don't think that Darth Phobos is actually alive - see the quotes I posted - they mention that her holocron taught Desolus, meaning she lived in a different time, and is most likely dead.

It wouldn't surprise me if they're just characters that are part of the Wii's multiplayer system - just to add a bit of variety.

Desolus is the only one who's alive at the time - my guess is the Jedi Temple level for the Wii involves holograms of opponents - sort of like a training room. But, that said, she doesn't look like a hologram...
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-05-2008, 9:53 AM

And that will be enough. Bad idea, LA.
 LordOfTheFish
04-05-2008, 11:22 AM
Maybe adding extra Jedi would have been a good idea. Mace says himself the sith were wiped out.I can see there being Sidious and his apprentice, Maul, but as soon as he loses him he goes after Annakin and succeeds. Maybe Vader having a apprentice isn't that bad but to add more sith into the story is retarded. Since when is the ever more than one villain in one story?
 PoiuyWired
04-05-2008, 12:12 PM
The first one looks like soem Dark Eldar Wyches.

Personally I don't mind having a few Darths as long as they are just historical characters available in some of the extra/multiplayer modes. Yes even if its Darth Caedus and Krayt and Darth Darth Binks. But this would be utterly stupid if its a story character.
 Rev7
04-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Why smiley face, then?
I was trying to be polite. ;)

And I guess show my happiness
 Davinq
04-06-2008, 5:45 PM
The bottom one looks Utapauian.
 adamqd
04-06-2008, 6:59 PM
agreed, its the model from EP3 but with a red Lightsaber
 Astor_Kaine
04-07-2008, 3:14 AM
agreed, its the model from EP3 but with a red Lightsaber

What's that mean exactly? He's not the same 'model', he's the same species. Of course he's going to look the same, just as all wookiees are around 8ft tall with fur. I'd be very annoyed if LA said that it was anything but a Pau'an.
 adamqd
04-07-2008, 4:02 AM
Don't get too stressed, I mean its an utapaun guard from ep3, boots shield and all, no difference in outfit or anything, thats all, I dont love or hate it just a comment on his likeness, and I know all about wookiees thank you ;)
 Astor_Kaine
04-07-2008, 4:05 AM
Sorry, don't know what came over me lol :lol:

I tend to get annoyed by things like that, don't know why :)
 adamqd
04-07-2008, 4:08 AM
Me too :lol:,
 LordOfTheFish
04-07-2008, 3:26 PM
Well, If there included only in a MP mode that would be great. MP mode can never have enough characters to unlock and play as. Thats the only part I hated about EP3 game.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-07-2008, 4:50 PM
Well, If there included only in a MP mode that would be great. MP mode can never have enough characters to unlock and play as. Thats the only part I hated about EP3 game.
No, they must also have balance, othewise, it can kill the MP mode.
 Zerimar Nyliram
04-08-2008, 7:15 PM
This content exists in the PS2 and Wii version of the game, but I have no doubt that it will inevitably become available for download on 360 via XBox Live.
 Serpentine
04-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Well at least they don't seem to be too integral to the story... though it does seem like they'll lessen the enjoyment during one of the extra levels.

Also, I think Darth Desolus is kind of a lame name.
 littleman794
04-09-2008, 3:05 PM
Also, I think Darth Desolus is kind of a lame name.

it is certainly something i've never heard before!! poke :stick:poke :stick:
 Davinq
04-09-2008, 6:26 PM
Wookieepedia states that they are Sith spirits that the SA has to fight as a part of his trials in the Jedi Temple, but the source link wasn't working for me.

Edit: Come to think of it, the background of the image of the first Sith does look remarkably Jedi-Temple-ish.
 LordOfTheFish
04-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Game Trailers TV revealed that there will be more character than these. Looks purty gangsta
 DarthSomething
04-12-2008, 2:31 PM

These Sith are originally from either the KOTOR or New Sith Wars era. It is simply Force phantoms/holocrons that the Apprentice encounters.

Quite frankly, either one of these Sith would be good villains for KOTOR 3.
 Ctrl Alt Del
04-12-2008, 4:24 PM
Quite frankly, either one of these Sith would be good villains for KOTOR 3.
Uhhhh... Nope.
 Astor_Kaine
04-12-2008, 4:29 PM
Desolus, the Pau'an, definately wouldn't - their species only became known the galaxy at large in 50ABY.

And I haven't got an argument for keeping Phobos out of it - cept she's hideous :lol:
 PoiuyWired
04-13-2008, 1:43 PM
He can be some outcast propelled out to the wild wild galaxy for any reason from joining a temporarily grounded adventurer ship, to being picked up and transfered by the giant iron fist in the sky...
 Henz
04-13-2008, 5:05 PM
Thank god for the 360 version.
 littleman794
04-14-2008, 3:43 PM
Thank god for the 360 version.

.....and why is that....?
 Astor_Kaine
04-14-2008, 3:57 PM
Cause not only will it look beautiful, those of us with 360s (or PS3s, for that matter), will get the benefit of DMM and Euphoria - which is something that the other platforms won't benefit from.
 littleman794
04-14-2008, 5:17 PM
Cause not only will it look beautiful, those of us with 360s (or PS3s, for that matter), will get the benefit of DMM and Euphoria - which is something that the other platforms won't benefit from.

ohhh....i didn't know that....so does that mean that the wii version won't look that good? will it be even half-good??

:confused:
 Astor_Kaine
04-14-2008, 5:26 PM
I'm not entirely sure, I haven't heard much about the Wii version - but I know that the studio working on it is developing a system similar to DMM and Euphoria.

While it won't look as polished as it will on the 360 of PS3, i'm sure it will look pretty good :)
 GeneralPloKoon
04-15-2008, 8:21 AM
The main reason reason I want TFU isn't just becasue its a Star Wars game, but Euphoria and DMM are just soooo amazing, I couldn't think of living without it! And Darth Desolus looks nothing of the Episode III guy, his clothes are different! Despite the small red part.....
 littleman794
04-16-2008, 4:19 PM
The main reason reason I want TFU isn't just becasue its a Star Wars game, but Euphoria and DMM are just soooo amazing

why buy a game only for graphics??? I think all of us could name off at least 2 games with awesome graphics, but horrible everything else!
 Da_man
04-17-2008, 12:08 AM
^ Crysis is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

I don't think that Darth Phobos is actually alive - see the quotes I posted - they mention that her holocron taught Desolus, meaning she lived in a different time, and is most likely dead.

Zombie Sith jedi person? Wow, that's quite a stretch, even for LA.
 littleman794
04-17-2008, 8:31 AM
Ya.....i agree with Da_Man, don't you think it's a little too out there??
 adamqd
04-17-2008, 8:43 AM
Force Ghost's in Star Wars?! they've taken things too far this is Madness! ;) ...
 littleman794
04-17-2008, 1:05 PM
I know.....so Astor_Kaine, why do you think darth phobos is not exactly....existent????
 GeneralPloKoon
04-17-2008, 5:16 PM
:( why buy a game only for graphics??? I think all of us could name off at least 2 games with awesome graphics, but horrible everything else!
DMM and Euphoria aren't a graphics system but an amazing physics/intellegence system only in the PS3/360 versions of the game and that is soooo awesome in my opnion. Haven't you seen the vidoes on Lucasarts? Ah well, I hope these new characters don't become to "attached" to the Star Wars universe, as they do seem quite boring, but cool.
 Da_man
04-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Force Ghost's in Star Wars?! they've taken things too far this is Madness! ;) ...

No, those were ghost. The chick looks like a Zombie from HL2 without the headcrab. :)
 Astor_Kaine
04-18-2008, 1:07 AM
I know.....so Astor_Kaine, why do you think darth phobos is not exactly....existent????

Because I've read in sources that Desolous (the Pau'an) was trained by the holocron of Phobos.

And, If she was alive, she'd have done it herself - Holocrons usually mean the person who created it was dead.
 adamqd
04-18-2008, 2:42 AM
@ Littleman and Da Man: For the Record I was being Sarcastic, there are obviously Force Ghosts in Star Wars! Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Mara Jade, Marka Ragnos, I could go on lol ;)
Page: 1 of 2