Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[K1] Help with a script

Page: 1 of 1
 sekan
04-03-2008, 3:41 AM
Hi,

I have made a dialog and have put this script to activate a quest that's in another module.

void main() {
SetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator", 1);

}

In the other module i attached this script to a .utc heartbeat

void main() { object oEntering =
GetEnteringObject();
object oPC=GetFirstPC();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering) && !(GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") == 1) && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40))

{
vector vPos;
float fAngle;

vPos.x = 106.24;
vPos.y = 238.01;
vPos.z = 17.15;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "jedimaster", Location(vPos, fAngle));
vPos.x = 108.96;
vPos.y = 232.28;
vPos.z = 16.23;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "czerka_leader", Location(vPos, fAngle));

vPos.x = 108.61;
vPos.y = 229.49;
vPos.z = 15.98;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "czerka_01", Location(vPos, fAngle));
vPos.x = 111.47;
vPos.y = 231.36;
vPos.z = 15.92;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "czerka_02", Location(vPos, fAngle));
vPos.x = 111.50;
vPos.y = 226.28;
vPos.z = 15.29;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "czerka_03", Location(vPos, fAngle));

vPos.x = 112.68;
vPos.y = 228.28;
vPos.z = 15.44;
fAngle = 0.0;

CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "czerka_04", Location(vPos, fAngle));
vPos.x = 112.71;
vPos.y = 226.93;
vPos.z = 15.19;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "wookie_01", Location(vPos, fAngle));
vPos.x = 110.60;
vPos.y = 228.49;
vPos.z = 15.64;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "wookie_02", Location(vPos, fAngle));

vPos.x = 111.53;
vPos.y = 229.04;
vPos.z = 15.63;
fAngle = 0.0;
CreateObject(OBJECT_TYPE_CREATURE, "lrwooli", Location(vPos, fAngle));

SetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40, TRUE);
}

}

After i have talked thought the dialog and activated the first script i go to that module that uses the second script. But nobody spawns. I hope somebody can help me with this.

Thanks and take care
 shockix
04-03-2008, 5:25 AM
The problem must be here :

if (GetIsPC(oEntering) && !GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40))

This script will fire only if the Global number is not set (because of the !). I believe you want the opposite.
 sekan
04-03-2008, 7:49 AM
The problem must be here :

if (GetIsPC(oEntering) && !GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40))

This script will fire only if the Global number is not set (because of the !). I believe you want the opposite.

I guess you mean that the script should look like:

if (GetIsPC(oEntering) && (GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") == 1) && (GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40)))

Well i tried this in my script and it still doesn't work.
 stoffe
04-03-2008, 7:55 AM
In the other module i attached this script to a .utc heartbeat

object oEntering = GetEnteringObject();
if (GetIsPC(oEntering) && !(GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") == 1) && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40))

The problem is most likely your use of the GetEnteringObject() function in a OnHeartbeat event script. This function will only return a valid object reference in OnEnter event scripts (for areas, triggers etc). Thus you are essentially checking if (GetIsPC(OBJECT_INVALID) ..., which never returns true. :)

Also, in your changed script above you'd need to put the negation back in front of GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40) in the if-statement since you want it to fire if it hasn't been done before; you set Local Boolean 40 when the code within the if-block has been run.
 sekan
04-03-2008, 8:46 AM
The problem is most likely your use of the GetEnteringObject() function in a OnHeartbeat event script. This function will only return a valid object reference in OnEnter event scripts (for areas, triggers etc). Thus you are essentially checking if (GetIsPC(OBJECT_INVALID) ..., which never returns true. :)

Also, in your changed script above you'd need to put the negation back in front of GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40) in the if-statement since you want it to fire if it hasn't been done before; you set Local Boolean 40 when the code within the if-block has been run.

Thanks Stoffe :D

Now i only have one problem left...

When trying to compile this new script i get Error: Syntax error at &&

if (GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") == 1) && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40)

I can't see any problem on this line at all.

Thanks and take care
 stoffe
04-03-2008, 9:52 AM
Now i only have one problem left...

When trying to compile this new script i get Error: Syntax error at &&

I can't see any problem on this line at all.

I can :p

You haven't wrapped the condition parameters of the if statement within parenthesises, which is required in NWScript:

if ((GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") == 1) && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40))
 sekan
04-03-2008, 10:24 AM
I can :p

You haven't wrapped the condition parameters of the if statement within parenthesises, which is required in NWScript:

if ((GetGlobalNumber("Tar_VulkarElevator") == 1) && !GetLocalBoolean(OBJECT_SELF, 40))

Thanks everything works now :D
Page: 1 of 1