Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Your favorite RSS feeds and readers?

Page: 1 of 1
 Serpentine Cougar
03-26-2008, 1:20 AM
So I'm curious, what RSS feeds are you currently subscribing to/watching? Also, what programs or plugins are you using to read them?

I'm currently just watching webcomics:
- VG Cats
- GU Comics
- Ctrl+Alt+Del
- Garfield minus Garfield

I use Sage, but I think I'd rather use one of those services that sends RSS updated to your email. However, they all seem to send them to you as soon as they get updated, or in a daily email, whereas I'd prefer to get them in a weekly digest type of email. Does anyone know one that might work like this?
 urluckyday
03-26-2008, 2:04 AM
I read:
Microsoft Watch - Very pessimistic view on Microsoft, but has some good info
LiveSide - Windows Live News
Zune Insider - News from the Zune team
Shipping Seven - A blog from a Windows 7 Developer (so he says...)
Secret Diary of Fake Steve Jobs - Self Explanatory
Windows Vista Team Blog - Self Explanatory
Engadget - All the tech news...from everywhere (updated like every minute)
Infendo - Nintendo Blog
Smash Bros Dojo - Self Explanatory

I have a couple more that I read...but I've shared enough. I mainly use Firefox or IE7 for reading mine, but when I'm on the go, I use Google Reader so that I can stay updated on my phone.
 Astrotoy7
03-26-2008, 3:19 AM
I used to do this via Firefox and MS Outlook, mainly from tech sites, but I found it was just a bunch of clutter that I ended up reading somewhere along the line anyway.

The way I look at it, if something is *that* important, the way the world is setup atm, you'll find out about it sooner or later ;)

Besides, I cant think of any rss feed service thats better at accumulating and reporting tech news than our very own NegSun ;) He's much better at filtering out the annoying minutiae

*reminds himself to switch it off in FF because its still feeding away*

mtfbwya
Page: 1 of 1