Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Someone please help me!

Page: 1 of 1
 lead-menace
02-26-2008, 8:37 PM
Ok so I'm getting rady to download the dedicated server for PC version, and I need help on teh admin settings, I want to know how to get the "admin" to say things every time somone enters and how to make it say something every so often, and also is there a way to make it say something when I push a certain button on teh key board, please help me with this, because I can't get it right
 TripHammer
02-28-2008, 8:27 AM
If you're using the DS manager from Lucas Files, you can't edit the announcements in that server manager. If you're using the server manager from Black Bag Ops, it's a matter of hitting the <Announcements> button and editing the text file... saving in the text window with the File> Save command and then <Save> in the BBO server manager.
 lead-menace
02-29-2008, 9:05 AM
yeha but I'm not exactly sure where to type in my messages at, there are a few different places in teh txt file to put them, if you could sort of show me were to type them in at, and also my friend told me that I have to have an admin password set up for it to run, is that true, becuse it would make sense as before I had never set one up
 TripHammer
02-29-2008, 2:33 PM
If you hit the Announcements button, a text window will come up. every line you type in this text window is an announcement except if it begins with //

Once you have your announcements set... click File> Save, then close the window and click <SAVE> in the BBO server window.

The server should have an admin password set before you run it. Type the admin password in the admin password text field on the Server tab of the BBO Server Manager.
 lead-menace
03-01-2008, 8:36 AM
oh so it doesn't matter where I type it it just can't ahve // and I have t have an admin password set up, ok thanx, also, can the server mangaer run well on a wirless connection, and what about firwall settings?
Page: 1 of 1