Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[tsl] KOTOR: Revenge of Revan

Page: 9 of 37
 HK-42
11-22-2008, 8:45 PM
What does World of Warcraft have to do with anything involving this mod? :p

:lol: didnt you know this was a WoW mod:xp:

wait no it isnt....my mistake

On Topic: Logan, will you add a team member(s) to make the sabers to stop production delay or will you do it yourself?
 logan23
11-22-2008, 9:31 PM
HK-42, I would be happy to have people join the team and create some new lightsabers for the Mod. I have one person creating light sabers and there is plenty of room for more. :D

TriggerGod, I will PM you about the light sabers.

MORE TO COME......

Logan
 darth-me
11-23-2008, 10:11 AM
I think (and fear) that this mod will render all similar mods useless. The amount of new features and content sounds incredible!
 DarthParametric
11-24-2008, 2:45 PM
I have changed the way you create LightsabersI'd be interested to learn more about this and the possible implications it has for other mods.
 logan23
11-24-2008, 3:36 PM
Deleted text referring to deleted off-topic spam posts... -RH

DarthParametric,
The New Lightsaber Building/Balancing System was an idea I was working on back when I was just starting pre-production on the Revenge of Revan Mod. This system will be integrated into the RoR mod. This means you will not be able place the system into other mods without doing some re-balancing for that other mod. Basically its not a plug and play system.

Origin: When I played kotor2 I was bothered by the idea that a Jedi who is so skilled could not make a saber without these 3 items that seem forever to locate. Also you would get these items from random people for finishing their quest. Once you did get a light saber, you would get lightsaber rewards from refugees which made no sense. I decided to change that and other things within the kotor2 game.

I wanted the player to feel an evolution in their lightsaber building just as you could get better blasters as you progressed in the game. The other issue is to make sure that not everyone ends up with the same saber hilt at the end of the game. To do this, later in RoR ACT 2:

You will have to search out holocron/data disks which will hold the design for the saber.
Some sabers will prefer certain feats or other stats like being darkside to build it.
Reminder: If you build a lightsaber which can only be built by a darkside PC and you later turn to the lightside, this does not affect the ability to use the saber.

The end result will be players who will float toward a certain lightsaber hilt do to the player's personal use of the PC. There will be no all powerful lightsaber. You will take pride in building it as well as updating it.

This is one thing of many that will be be changed for the Revenge of Revan mod.
Another will be no more looking for 4 of the same people or objects on multiple planets.

I also have some other new ideas that are being floated and tested. I can't discuss them right now, but in the coming months I will announce them, only when they have been tested.

MORE TO COME....

Logan
 Jammy-Jedi
11-24-2008, 6:03 PM
It sounds like a very cool concept, I like the idea of being able to fully personalise my lightsaber. I hope it works as you want it to.
 Riot Razer
11-24-2008, 6:41 PM
If you use the Holocron idea, Will you make a Holocron pickup shape for you to find or will it still be be just in the invintory. (and if it is the holocron idea, any chance you could have "lightside saber holocron"s and "darkside saber holocron"s with the pyramid for darkside and the cube for lightside?) (Shamelessly trying to add an idea to a great mod)
 PossessedPanda
11-25-2008, 12:42 AM
This mod has been going along awesomely. I can't wait until ":wid:"

Everyone loved Kotor 1, and as you know those people loved it because of the plot, the characters, and the flexible and varying stories. Many, didn't even know it, but they loved it over kotor 2 because of the environment. Sunny and happy vs. dark and sad.

Kotor 1 was happy, funny, all the jedi where alive,the force was at peace. :bounce1: In kotor 2 you hear a thousand stories, and each is telling you that this person died, this race failed, and this world is crap. :Pout1:

Keep this in mind, Logan, when you are making the environments, the characters and the plot. Don't make Kotor Thre- I mean Your mod, too, gloomy. I know this mod will will rock. :chew1 :spin:
 Drunkside
11-25-2008, 3:33 AM
This mod has been going along awesomely. I can't wait until ":wid:"

Everyone loved Kotor 1, and as you know those people loved it because of the plot, the characters, and the flexible and varying stories. Many, didn't even know it, but they loved it over kotor 2 because of the environment. Sunny and happy vs. dark and sad.

Kotor 1 was happy, funny, all the jedi where alive,the force was at peace. :bounce1: In kotor 2 you hear a thousand stories, and each is telling you that this person died, this race failed, and this world is crap. :Pout1:

Keep this in mind, Logan, when you are making the environments, the characters and the plot. Don't make Kotor Thre- I mean Your mod, too, gloomy. I know this mod will will rock. :chew1 :spin:

Thats pretty much my thoughts, exept that i prefer K1, but i do like dark and sad crap more than happy stories. Keep it up!
 DarthParametric
11-25-2008, 8:40 AM
Thanks for the overview logan23, but I was more interested in the mechanics of how it would be implemented. I understand if you aren't willing to talk about that at the moment, so I'll wait until it's released to have a peek under hood.
 Keeper_DP
11-25-2008, 9:03 AM
Will you model a new lord siths with 3D max?
 logan23
11-25-2008, 2:42 PM
Hey everyone!

DarthParametric, once the mod is released you will get a more detailed breakdown on how the Lightsaber Creation system works.

Keeper_DP, Yes, there will be some edited character models like Nindo and Atinah. Redrob41 is working on some new characters/races for Revenge of Revan. As for the Sith lord,....I can't spoil that:xp:

I know some of you are wondering about the mood in Revenge of Revan.
We had a more happier mood in kotor1 then kotor2 which was more gloomy.
RoR is neither to happy or gloomy. I would say the mood of RoR is Dynamic.
Dynamic in the way that things change.

I want to thank everyone for their support:)

MORE TO COME ....

Logan
 Darth Payne
11-25-2008, 4:18 PM
Hey, logan?

What are the chances of the Lightsaber Creation System being released as a seperate mod after RoR is released?
 logan23
11-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Hey everyone!

Darth Payne, I will have to see how I can make a plug and play version of the Lightsaber Creation System.
I should be able to put something together.
The release would be after the release of Revenge of Revan (Acts1 and 2).

Here are some new pics....
http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nov1ze9.jpg)
http://img210.imageshack.us/my.php?image=nov3jx0.jpg)

MORE TO COME .....

Logan
 HK-42
11-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Hey everyone!

Darth Payne, I will have to see how I can make a plug and play version of the Lightsaber Creation System.

MORE TO COME .....

Logan

looking good logan. Cant wait for the next pics and the release.
 Endorenna
11-29-2008, 12:51 AM
Quick question about this--I was under the impression that this mod is modifying K2, but I don't remember any Selkath or Rancor models in TSL. :confused: Is this modifying K1? (I checked the first post, but I didn't really see where it said which one it was modding--I know I'm just missing it...)
 TriggerGod
11-29-2008, 12:54 AM
Quick question about this--I was under the impression that this mod is modifying K2, but I don't remember any Selkath or Rancor models in TSL. :confused: Is this modifying K1? (I checked the first post, but I didn't really see where it said which one it was modding--I know I'm just missing it...)

its right up there, hanging around in the thread title.

And they might not appear ingame, but they are resources Obsidian took from K1 when they were making TSL.
 Darth Payne
11-29-2008, 6:28 AM
Hey everyone!

MORE TO COME .....

Logan

Thanks logan.

I'm really loking forward to seeing what this mod will be like when i play it.
 Endorenna
11-29-2008, 8:36 AM
its right up there, hanging around in the thread title.

Duh. Sorry, it was late last night. :fist:

And they might not appear ingame, but they are resources Obsidian took from K1 when they were making TSL.

Thanks for the info! :xp:

Looks fantastic, Logan!
 logan23
12-10-2008, 9:13 PM
Hey everyone,

This will be a short update.

I just want let you guys know there will be a teaser for Revenge of Revan.
It will be released between Dec 21 and Jan 1.

The project is going well. :)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 Chevron 7 locke
12-10-2008, 9:22 PM
Glad to hear it's going so well. How long is the trailer going to be?
 logan23
12-29-2008, 2:18 PM
Hey everyone!

I want to wish everyone Happy Holidays!

Just wanted to let you guys know whats going on with the project.

After balancing the project along with holiday food and party, I'm almost done with the Teaser Trailer Revenge of Revan. It will be just a few seconds shy of 2 minutes.

If everything goes as planned I will be releasing it this coming weekend:)

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 DarthYuugi
01-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Ok My Opinion on this

No offence but i think You're being too ambitious with out doing the best you could

Some of the vids of bik movies on youtube look exactly the same for instance

Just my opinion

I Think you will get this done but i also think you're pretty much adding anyone on the spot on to the team and that in my opinion again isent a good idea as the more team members the more files get mixed up and the such

- DarthYugi
 HeavenxHell
01-19-2009, 7:05 AM
Hmmm, it all sounds great so freaking great, but the thing I can't stand is that EVERYONE seems to forget Jolee, I mean, you'll never see him back in mods etc, and I thing it would be cool that you run into some 'Jolee-Followers' that he had trained someone to see neither dark or light but 'grey'.
Well keep up the good work, i'm gonna love this one!
 Trex
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
but the thing I can't stand is that EVERYONE seems to forget Jolee

I think the main problem is that Jolee's model files wern't included in Kotor2. If you were to try and include him, you'd have to try and alter someone who looked vaguely similar.
 HeavenxHell
01-19-2009, 1:14 PM
No what I mean is, Jolee doesnt have to come back, but it would be cool to be reminded of Jolee, that on some planet you run into 1 or 2 'jedi' who are followers of the Jolee ideal
 redrob41
01-19-2009, 2:08 PM
That's an interesting idea, to have followers of Jolee's "grey" teachings. I don't know if he'd still be around in person (he'd be around 90 years old), but certainly his ideals would be.

from Wookieepedia: Gray Jedi was a term, sometimes used pejoratively, that described Jedi who were thought to operate independently and often outside the strictures of the High Council.
By 130 ABY the term Gray Jedi was used to refer to those Force-sensitive individuals and groups that, while not following the dark side, were not part of the New Jedi Order and/or served other institutions above the will of the Force.
 logan23
01-19-2009, 9:25 PM
Hey everyone!

It would be great to have Jolee cameo or a pupil of his but ....maybe there is something we can do.

Jolee would be died by now.
The question is after kotor1 did Jolee come back to the order or leave on his own and return to his wandering the galaxy ways?

If he returned to the order then he probably died on Katarr, but if he didn't would he train again......?

I might place an easter egg relating to Jolee if time permits....

I think it would be cool if someone did a mod where your character meets up with Jolee and face the growing forces that are hunting the Jedi. Here you can give Jolee a death scene and show how your character survived the assassins plus give the audience in site on how the idea of hiding on wounded planets came about.....maybe from Jolee....

The Teaser will be out any day now.
Real life snagged me for a few days:(

MORE TO COME....

Logan
 Canderis
01-19-2009, 9:49 PM
I think it would be cool if someone did a mod where your character meets up with Jolee and face the growing forces that are hunting the Jedi. Here you can give Jolee a death scene and show how your character survived the assassins plus give the audience in site on how the idea of hiding on wounded planets came about.....maybe from Jolee....

Jolee is going to make an appearance in "Battle on the Harbinger" mod I am working on so you will see Jolee again! He will die but at least he appeared right?
 darth-me
01-20-2009, 1:01 PM
Jolee is going to make an appearance in "Battle on the Harbinger" mod I am working on so you will see Jolee again! He will die but at least he appeared right?

But his model files aren't in TSL... :confused:
 Darth Payne
01-20-2009, 2:49 PM
It could be done if you only see him from a distance, he dies from an explotion and leaves a charred corpse with a datapad and a lightsaber.
 Canderis
01-20-2009, 3:51 PM
I have made a reskin of an existing head, im hopping it will look good enough.
But back to topic, I cant wait for this mod's release!
 logan23
01-21-2009, 8:48 PM
Hey, everyone!

Revenge of Revan : Teaser Trailer is Released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gBSiKSbK-I&feature=channel_page)

Also there will be some new pics coming in a few days.

MORE TO COME...

Logan
 redrob41
01-22-2009, 1:40 AM
Excellent trailer Logan :thumbsup:
 zbyl2
01-22-2009, 8:01 AM
Awesome trailer :D I'd prefer to get some more gameplay footage and less BIK movies, but still great work :thumbsup:

Btw, why does everybody use same music in mods trailers? :xp:
 redrob41
01-23-2009, 2:05 AM
Hey everyone, I haven't been idle, so here are a couple of screenshots.

http://imageshack.com/a/img255/8707/wipadmiralcarthvt2.jpg)
I've changed Carth's uniform completely, to look like Dodonna's Admiral uniform, but with the same style boots he wore in Kotor. It uses the Sith Officer model (altered) so that he has that extra animation of putting his hands on his hips. His hair is starting to grey, and he has a few wrinkles (he's about 51 by the time of RofR), and he finally let his beard grow in proper, rather than the day old stubble. An Admiral needs to look his best after all ;).

http://imageshack.com/a/img255/5775/wipdustilczerkajc5.jpg)
For Dustil, I've made a Czerka combat suit, and I've altered Carth's jacket as his base clothes. It is slightly faded, and he wears grey pants and black boots (like his Sith Officer uniform). The good thing about the combat suit, is that it will be wearable by everyone. He hasn't changed very much since Kotor. He's a little older, with only a few laugh lines for distinction.

http://imageshack.com/a/img222/4612/wipkelborn3underwearsh4.jpg)
After doing Atinah's underwear so revealing, I knew that I'd have to do something similar for a male character. For Kelborn's underwear, I've finished all the various scars, and matched all the seams around the neck and shoulders. He has the same tattoo as Canderous, suggesting that they've known each other for a long time (brothers-in-arms, same unit or something). Because I had the room (and was bored), I even made some of his fingers different (hard to see but he has a ring on his right middle finger, and a scar on his left index finger). I couldn't get the chest or back to be asymetrical, so he has no scars there. I figure that he is such a good warrior, that no one has gotten a critical body shot on him, only his arms and legs.

If anyone has any opinions to share, please do. If any of the ladies that play Kotor have any ideas about the men's underwear, I'd really like to hear your perspective.
 SpartanPride
01-25-2009, 4:02 PM
You know - you did an awesome job on Kelborn, he's just... ugly XD

In my opinion, that greying look you're giving him would look better if his natural hair colour was black.
 redrob41
01-27-2009, 3:27 PM
You know - you did an awesome job on Kelborn, he's just... ugly XD

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/522046/Monopoly/Community%20Chest%20-%20You%20Have%20Won%20Second%20Prize%20In%20a%20Be) auty%20Contest.Gif

In my opinion, that greying look you're giving him would look better if his natural hair colour was black.

Perhaps. I just felt that black hair would be too cliche, so I went with red hair to match his red armour. In the end tho, I did darken it quite a bit. At least he has black hair when he goes dark side.
 Darth Payne
01-27-2009, 3:34 PM
Wow, Kelborn looks great.
 logan23
01-27-2009, 7:07 PM
Hey,

I put up the high quality version of the teaser trailer on the RoR homepage and you can watch/ or download at :
http://files.filefront.com/trailer3avi/;13071595;/fileinfo.html)

Redrob41, those characters look amazing:)

Let me know if you guys have any questions....

MORE TO COME.....

Logan
 Kyvios
01-28-2009, 8:42 AM
It's looking very good Logan.

(BTW its Divide,I'll talk to you on msn when I get the chance)

Great job man.
 SpartanPride
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/522046/Monopoly/Community%20Chest%20-%20You%20Have%20Won%20Second%20Prize%20In%20a%20Be) auty%20Contest.Gif

Perhaps. I just felt that black hair would be too cliche, so I went with red hair to match his red armour. In the end tho, I did darken it quite a bit. At least he has black hair when he goes dark side.

True, but I think Rivers Cuomo put it best when he said that he likes to use Cliches because of how easy they are to relate to. And the greying black hair in that style has hardcore, high-ranking military written all over it XD

However, you still did an awesome job on him.
 jedi7000nathan
02-01-2009, 12:56 PM
i think Atinah's dark side underwear is good but i think the lightside should have the same design
 redrob41
02-02-2009, 3:16 PM
A while back Logan23 posted these screenshots, but wanted to change the yellow stripes a bit. So, I asked if I could do it.

Corellian soldier
http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=coralsold1ye0.jpg)
http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cras2uk6.jpg)

Here is what I've come up with:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4437/wipcorelliansoldier1vn1.th.jpg) (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipcorelliansoldier1vn1.jpg) http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/7839/wipcorellianofficer1uw1.th.jpg) (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipcorellianofficer1uw1.jpg)

I changed the yellow to green, and added a new logo to the hat and sleeves. It is based on two Corellian Engineering Corps (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CEC)logos). I chose green because I read "The color green also seemed to hold special meaning, as it was considered the traditional coloration for wedding gowns, Jedi robes, and CorSec markings (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Corellia).") on Wookieepedia. I went one step further with the Officer uniform, and made the whold jacket green. As a result, the Officer's uniform is a little more showy than the soldier's.

Next up is a new male head that I think would make for a good looking Uldir Tanik:

http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/9905/wipuldirheadtestgl6.th.gif) (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipuldirheadtestgl6.gif) http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/6929/wipuldirhead1vp5.th.jpg) (http://img528.imageshack.us/my.php?image=wipuldirhead1vp5.jpg)

The in-game shot is a little more refined than the gmax shot, but the gmax shot also shows my proposed dark side transitions. It's getting hard to make these characters look distinct from one another :nutz3:, especially the DS transitions. I'm trying to avoid tattoos, yet retain the TSL standard "zombie" look. All I've got left to play with is facial hair.

Logan, let me know what you think for "Uldir". I don't think that the head you're using right now has mask or goggle hooks.
 SpartanPride
02-02-2009, 5:22 PM
^Amazing uniforms - and that head is equally as awesome
 Admiral_Thrawn
02-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Interesting . . . I volunteer to help with the dialogue if needed. It would seem like a great way to get involved and such. (Always wanted to dialogue a Jedi philosophy lecture ^^)
 logan23
02-10-2009, 7:59 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm here to give you guys a quick up date on the Mod.

Production is going well, I have slowed down the speed of my module building since I'm looking for a new job.

I am one of the many unemployed in the USA.

I want to assure everyone this Mod will be done and completed since I'm working on getting in the Game Industry.

I'm still working a few days a week on the Mod :)

ACT 1 will be finish before the end of this year.
ACT 2/ full version of Revenge of Revan will be finished in 2010.

Once I have a new job, I will be blasting through modules much faster then before.

MORE TO COME......

Logan
 jedi_christian
02-12-2009, 2:47 PM
I have read your page....and i want to do some writing for you!
 Canderis
02-12-2009, 4:25 PM
ACT 2/ full version of Revenge of Revan will be finished in 2010.

That long! :( ah well, no rush, it should be almost perfect when released :D
 jedi_christian
02-14-2009, 7:06 AM
Logan:
Don't Rush.It is done when it's done.
Page: 9 of 37