Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

FREE CAMERA MOVIE MAKING

Page: 1 of 1
 mitchjo2345
02-16-2008, 8:31 PM
does any one no of a mod were you can get a free camera and just explore the place zoom in and out for kotor 2 pc
 Marius Fett
02-16-2008, 8:54 PM
There are none.
 mitchjo2345
02-16-2008, 9:57 PM
damn that sucks
 DarthJebus05
02-17-2008, 1:09 AM
I think someone is/was making one. I saw a video on YouTube once, let me see if I can find it...

*5 minutes later*

Sorry, it was a video of the Xbox versions free camera roam.

Link if you want to watch it anyway: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbz4M7td--Q)
 Robespierre
02-17-2008, 3:29 AM
Interesting...why was it included in the Xbox version and not in the PC version? And is it hard coded or could it be somehow taken from the Xbox version and put in the PC version (probably some sort of porting, but I'm just interested; I'm not actually going to do it).
 xrefusex
02-17-2008, 11:53 AM
Possibly something left behind from the XBOX development team? Cool, but somewhat pointless...
 Sith Holocron
02-23-2008, 8:57 PM
On the Prima DVD Guide for TSL, it appears that in the video walk-throughs that free camera was used through-out the entire DVD. I've heard that free camera exists in the X-Box version, but only from the top down view. Was the method used on the Prima Guide DVD available in either the PC or X-Box version and if so, how do I activate it? If not available, I was wondering why it may have been removed from the game?

On that very same Prima DVD Guide, they have an few lines which may answer the question. It says "During the creation of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords, developers Obsidian Entertainment Inc. had dull use of comprehensive debug system. . . . This debug system was removed from the final version of the game before it shipped."

(For the X-box cheat, apparently you do the following: Go to the messages GUI and enter the following code. 'Punch it Chewie' will appear in the messages. Press start to get out of the GUI panel and then press the Right analog stick down (like you're going into first person view). Kind of buggy as it seems you can only raise the camera above your head.)

Edit: I have sent an e-mail to the author of the aforementioned guide. Hopefully, he will definitively state whether the DVD guide's producers had access to KOTOR2 with the debug system intact for DVD production purposes.
 Darth Xander
02-24-2008, 7:55 AM
Does this work for TSL?
 mitchjo2345
02-26-2008, 5:03 PM
what do u mean?

is the camera hacking for tsl , yes watch the vid above its from tsl
Page: 1 of 1