Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Euphoria and DMM?

Page: 1 of 1
 BurningZero
02-12-2008, 8:33 AM
is it just me, or is Euphoria not that innovative..?

yes, the troopers grab onto things when they "want to save themselves" but, is that all they can do? Ragdoll effects and grabbing onto things. I dont think thats very revolutionary. If the troopers actually pulled themselves up, after they grab onto like, a beam, THEN that would be tottaly awesome

I like DMM tho. DMM is great.

comments?
 Darth Moeller
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
euphoria is innovative because like DMM, you'll never see the same animation twice. It gives each npc their own individual AI.
 igyman
02-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Actually, BurningZero is right. What they say Euphoria and DMM do and what they actually do are two different things, as can be seen by looking closely and carefully at the demonstration videos. I've commented on them here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=2418911&postcount=143) in detail, if you're interested.
 Son of Skywalker15
02-12-2008, 2:53 PM
I can't see how it can be judged-anyway, positive or negative-without actually playing it.
 igyman
02-12-2008, 4:18 PM
Well, the point isn't that it doesn't look good, it's just that it's not as innovative as they claim it is. It's all good marketing.
 BurningZero
02-12-2008, 9:56 PM
well..i like DMM. lol. force pushing open a door, then bending it back.

love it.
 Son of Skywalker15
02-13-2008, 8:14 AM
Well, the point isn't that it doesn't look good, it's just that it's not as innovative as they claim it is. It's all good marketing.

True, but LA is a company and it should be allowed to market their product. LA is a company and has to look at for itself as well, even if we, which I don't, like it all the time.

I think it looks great. Have you watched the newest Tech Trailer? For something that's never been done before-ever-t's looking pretty good.
 Monkey Mania
02-13-2008, 1:16 PM
Euphoria had to be dumbed down for this game.
 BurningZero
02-13-2008, 6:19 PM
Euphoria had to be dumbed down for this game.

? why do you say that..?
 Monkey Mania
02-19-2008, 1:40 AM
In the Vanity Fair article, the Stormtroopers were always dodging the apprentice's attacks.
 BurningZero
02-19-2008, 12:21 PM
In the Vanity Fair article, the Stormtroopers were always dodging the apprentice's attacks.

ya, i just read that. thats messed up. lol
Page: 1 of 1