Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

US National Primaries

Page: 4 of 4
 Achilles
06-02-2008, 5:26 PM
The good news that you don't have any more monitors to sully (right?).
 EnderWiggin
06-02-2008, 5:30 PM
:rofl:

Only you would see that as a silver lining :D

_EW_
 mimartin
06-02-2008, 5:32 PM
The good news that you don't have any more monitors to sully (right?).
Not unless I start viewing the forum from my employees' work stations, then I have three more computers to damage. The office manager does a pretty good job of limiting me to only working at my desk, other wise I will have papers strung across the entire office.
 Achilles
06-03-2008, 3:56 AM
The last two primaries are today. ARG has Obama ahead by 4 in Montana and Hillary ahead by 26 in S. Dakota (I just checked Wikipedia and confirmed that S.Dakota's main exports are survivalism and Jesus Camp).

Obama is about 45 total delegates away from the finish line right now. If he picks 10 pledged delegates tonight (5 from SD + 7 or 8 from MT - wiggle room), he'll only need 21% of the super's to wrap things up. Let's see how many endorsements he picks up today.
 Jae Onasi
06-03-2008, 9:41 AM
It will be an interesting day for sure. Clinton is at her home in NY today, I imagine discussing what she's going to do next. Obama is holding a rally in MN today.

My good friends in SD who are neither survivalists or Jesus campers would like to remind Achilles that he should not believe everything Wiki says about SD. :D
 Achilles
06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Obama is holding a rally in MN today.Pretty ballsy rally too. It's the venue for the Republican national convention.
 Litofsky
06-03-2008, 4:39 PM
It will be an interesting day for sure. Clinton is at her home in NY today, I imagine discussing what she's going to do next. Obama is holding a rally in MN today.

Do you think that Hillary Clinton will be announcing her concession today? She cannot win without swaying almost every super-delegate, which is very unlikely.
 EnderWiggin
06-03-2008, 5:17 PM
Yeah, well. He's at 2111 right now, according to FOX.

So he needs what... 7 delegates?

It's all over but the shouting.

_EW_
 Jae Onasi
06-03-2008, 5:52 PM
Do you think that Hillary Clinton will be announcing her concession today? She cannot win without swaying almost every super-delegate, which is very unlikely.

I think she's working on a concession. She might not like what the handwriting on the wall says, but she's not completely blind. I wouldn't be surprised to hear about wheeling and dealing between Dean, Obama, and Clinton going on today, too.
 The Source
06-03-2008, 5:56 PM
Its the end of the world as we know it. Lol...

At least we can get into the general election now. Everyone's dirty laundry is about to be center stage. Even though Brock Obama has some in the news, I am sure McCain's friends will find more damaging tidbits.

I have a funny feeling about this one. Presidant Obama? Vice Presidant Clinton? Where is the second coming of Christ?
 DarthAve
06-03-2008, 5:58 PM
???? Is this for rizzle? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/03/AR2008060300273_pf.html) I found it at the top of DrudgeReport, and I've been told they're quite accurate. Going to check CNN, brb.

Edit: CNN Reports that Obama needs 12 delagates, but Fox News just put that he's 6 over the needed 2,118. I'M SO CORNFUSED.
 Achilles
06-03-2008, 6:00 PM
I heard on NPR in the car that a Hillary spokesperson announced that she would be interested in the Vice Presidency.

Honda makes a heck of a steering wheel.
 The Source
06-03-2008, 6:06 PM
???? Is this for rizzle? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/03/AR2008060300273_pf.html) I found it at the top of DrudgeReport, and I've been told they're quite accurate. Going to check CNN, brb.

Edit: CNN Reports that Obama needs 12 delagates, but Fox News just put that he's 6 over the needed 2,118. I'M SO CORNFUSED.
...and NBC's count says he is not close enough. Someone is wrong somewhere.
 Arcesious
06-03-2008, 6:08 PM
If it'll unite the democratic party for Clinton to be VP, then I say let them do that 'dream ticket'. I would prefer someone better as VP, but if it unites that party, then good. I have a feeling that the democrats are going to win this year... :) I sure don't want Mccaine... Republicans and Clinton supporters please don't take offense to what I just said.

I trust CNN more than all the other media... But I don't fully trust it. Although, it may just be a problem of misinformation, or a set of media political stunts.
 Achilles
06-03-2008, 6:10 PM
I (begrudgingly) agree. If that's what it takes to make a sure thing, then I'll go along, but it stinks on principle.
 The Source
06-03-2008, 6:10 PM
If it'll unite the democratic party for Clinton to be VP, then I say let them do that 'dream ticket'. I would prefer someone better as VP, but if it unites that party, then good. I have a feeling that the democrats are going to win this year... :) I sure don't want Mccaine... Republicans and Clinton supporters please don't take offense to what I just said.
:D **Raises a Pitchfork**
"Get that Democrat!" :lol:
 KinchyB
06-03-2008, 6:30 PM
Honda makes a heck of a steering wheel.

:lol: - Great quote...

RE the topic at hand...yup, various sources are saying Obama has it or is close enough to clinch it tonight (which makes me very happy).

Not sure what to think of Hillary as the VP potential :rolleyes:...but it does almost guarantee the election. Oh well... as long as Bush III (this is a semi-official nickname, right? :D ) isn't in i'm happy.
 jonathan7
06-03-2008, 6:55 PM
:lol: - Great quote...

RE the topic at hand...yup, various sources are saying Obama has it or is close enough to clinch it tonight (which makes me very happy).

Not sure what to think of Hillary as the VP potential :rolleyes:...but it does almost guarantee the election. Oh well... as long as Bush III (this is a semi-official nickname, right? :D ) isn't in i'm happy.

Being a Brit, I'm somewhat loathed that I can't vote for America's president, purely as the president is the most powerful man in the world; still at least we have the queen (though the rest of the family are about as useful as flip-flops are in the Arctic).

I hope Obama gets in, and Achilles is right that Hill, would be a good VP for reasons stated above. (I'm not a fan, as I think she would do it purely so she would have a shot at president again, in 4 or 8 years time, or 24 style she could try subterfuge ;)) Has there ever been a female VP?
 Achilles
06-03-2008, 7:04 PM
Has there ever been a female VP?Nope. Last guy that tried lost. I wore ET pajamas and watched cartoons everyday when that happened.
 Jae Onasi
06-03-2008, 7:05 PM
Fox news has just announced that Obama has enough delegates to secure the nomination, link is here (http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/06/03/ap-obama-clinches-democratic-nomination-with-superdelegates/).

The reason there's a discrepancy is that Associated Press has based their report on superdelegate endorsements that have not been made officially public.

What an amazing race!
 Achilles
06-03-2008, 7:38 PM
RealClearPolitics shows Obama as being 10 delegates away from the nomination.
 Litofsky
06-03-2008, 7:45 PM
Well, I think that we all know the result of these primaries. Obama's won for the Democrats, and has been in the lead for quite some time now. Of course, now we get to see if he'll be able to take on John McCain.

To me, it all depends on his Vice President (i.e., if he isolates Hillary Clinton supporters if she isn't on his ticket, or near to him).
 Jae Onasi
06-03-2008, 7:52 PM
RealClearPolitics shows Obama as being 10 delegates away from the nomination.

Yeah, it depends on who's doing the head-counting. He should pick up those 10 tonight with the last 2 primaries in any case if they aren't counting the delegates the AP is.
 Achilles
06-03-2008, 7:55 PM
Whoops. I posted that as an update, not a challenge. Sorry for not being more clear about that :(
 Jae Onasi
06-03-2008, 8:00 PM
Oh, I didn't perceive it that way. There is some discrepancy in the numbers depending on which source knows what about the superdelegate votes.
 EnderWiggin
06-03-2008, 8:06 PM
Wow. It's finally over. Now we can focus on the real prize.

_EW_
 Ravnas
06-03-2008, 10:43 PM
And Now its over. Obama had about 12 delegates over the required amount to win. So its official, the democratic nominee is Barack Obama:clap2:. Oh and one line in his victory speech stood out for me....

"We are Americans First."

God, The McCain/Obama debates are going to be fun to watch:D.
 EnderWiggin
06-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Yes.

Jae and Darth InSidious and I were all talking about the speech. Apparently it was really good. Jae gave me the highlights, and I'm excited to see how Obama shapes up as a candidate.

"McCain is not change."

_EW_
 Ravnas
06-03-2008, 11:42 PM
I'm not ashamed to admit that I nearly cried in that speech.
 The Source
06-04-2008, 1:05 AM
When I hear or read the word change, I have to wonder what exactly does it mean. As it is used to convey a message, people can interprate the word in many ways. Regardless about who gets into office, there will no doubt be some type of change. I am not an Obama fan in any way. From my personal perspective, anyone who can gather thousands of individuals through blind faith, without being God or Christ, has to be someone very dangerous. If Obama wins the general election, I personally believe we will see something very new. I believe we will see something that we are not going to like.

After watching a controversial war being carried out, I am one for some serious changes and ideologies. I just don't trust someone who can move thousands of individuals, and he can do so by not defining who, what, and how he is going to change the world. If he was someone who had a serious and moral message, with detailed facts and plans, he wouldn't have hidden certain aspects of his life.

When Obama's wife said, "Our souls need to be mended, and only Obama can do it", the first thing I said was, "Your not a Christian are you. A real Christian knows that only you, Christ, and God can mend your soul."

I send a big congrats to the Democrats of the forums, and I hope you got the one your looking for.
 Corinthian
06-04-2008, 2:14 AM
Hilary as VP? Oh, I hope Obama says no, for his sake. Because I wouldn't put it past her to dose his morning coffee with strychnine.

At any rate, the race is over. Too bad, I was just starting have fun. Rush is going to be awfully disappointed.
 Achilles
06-04-2008, 3:49 AM
It appears that McCain is now actively attempting to woo Hillary supporters. Looks like Obama may have to consider her as VP out of necessity.
 jonathan7
06-04-2008, 4:43 AM
From my personal perspective, anyone who can gather thousands of individuals through blind faith, without being God or Christ, has to be someone very dangerous. If Obama wins the general election, I personally believe we will see something very new. I believe we will see something that we are not going to like.

That sounds more like Bush than Obama to me.

When Obama's wife said, "Our souls need to be mended, and only Obama can do it", the first thing I said was, "Your not a Christian are you. A real Christian knows that only you, Christ, and God can mend your soul."

I think you are reading far too much into that, besides I think religion should be an irrelevance, however I think unfortunately it is quite an important thing in the Presidential election, and I don't think in the apparent land of 'freedom' that it should be. I would also argue that, it is not my place to judge where anyone stands with Jesus, I would also dispute the 'you' part; I think only Christ can mend an individuals soul. Just my 2 cents :)

I for the sake of the World hope Obama gets in, I don't think the world can cope with another 4-8 years of non-exsistant American foreign policy.
 Litofsky
06-04-2008, 7:46 AM
I for the sake of the World hope Obama gets in, I don't think the world can cope with another 4-8 years of non-exsistant American foreign policy.

Something I've learned from observation: Where there is a void, Nature will fill it. If water is removed from a pond, more water will rush to reestablish the equilibrium. So, if America's removed from the equation, what do you think will happen? Unless we get off our butts, someone else will assume the influential title of Superpower.

On another note, Hillary congratulated Obama, but did not concede. I almost wish she was his Vice-President, if for the only purpose of escaping McSame McCain and his Presidency.
 jonathan7
06-04-2008, 8:51 AM
Something I've learned from observation: Where there is a void, Nature will fill it. If water is removed from a pond, more water will rush to reestablish the equilibrium. So, if America's removed from the equation, what do you think will happen? Unless we get off our butts, someone else will assume the influential title of Superpower.

On another note, Hillary congratulated Obama, but did not concede. I almost wish she was his Vice-President, if for the only purpose of escaping McSame McCain and his Presidency.

To clarify, I didn't really mean non-exsistant foreign policy, just bad, not that Britains is any better, but we arent what we used to be, so we affect things alot less.
 Rev7
06-04-2008, 7:20 PM
 jonathan7
06-04-2008, 7:28 PM
Link (http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/04/democrats.wednesday/index.html)

Thoughts?

I'm turning around on some of my statements above, having seen the Hillary megalomaniac and have seen her ego, if I were Obama, I wouldn't want her as VP.

On a side note, I think McCain foolish to try and 'face-off' with Obama as I think he will get slaughtered.
 Litofsky
06-04-2008, 8:31 PM
I'm turning around on some of my statements above, having seen the Hillary megalomaniac and have seen her ego, if I were Obama, I wouldn't want her as VP.

On a side note, I think McCain foolish to try and 'face-off' with Obama as I think he will get slaughtered.

I should think that the best way to assure the Presidency would be to have Hillary Clinton as his Vice-President. That way, Obama will have the woman vote as well, which was threatened by not picking Hillary (I'm not implying that being a woman means that you'll vote for Hillary, only that her biggest supporters are women).

Anyways, from what I've seen, Barack is a powerful, charismatic speaker, while John McCain is... less influential. He seems older and much more frail (to me). Anyways, if they were to go head-to-head, I think Obama would be the clear victor.
Page: 4 of 4