Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

(K1)Ebon Hawk Workbench Issue

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Iniquity
02-05-2008, 12:54 PM
So I have a few related questions. I have the best of starwars version of KotOR and played through once light side and was happy. Then came accross the mods and this site and got very excited to play back through DS, and well started throwing all kinds of mods into the game as well. I obviously have some mods that don't like each other as my workbench on the ebon hawk just doesn't work now. Its there but when I try and click on it to use it... nada.

QUESTIONS:
is there a simple way to figure out where the conflict is? Or do I have to just empty my overide folder (not even sure I know all of them put in there) and only put them back one or two at a time and make sure there arn't any that are unhappy with each other?

I thought I had read somewhere else on the forums the game does not recognize folders inside the override or modules folders, that true? Some of the larger mods with executable unzips create folders... it would be easier for me had I 9or can in the future) just kept all the mods in their own folder would that work?

thanks in advance
-S
 RedHawke
02-06-2008, 1:13 AM
It would greatly help if you listed the mods you installed.

Without a list of what you installed there is no simple way to detect a conflict, other than if you remember if you got an overwrite window when you place files in your override. The best thing to do is to post a list of what you installed or clear out your override and install the mods one by one.

And yes for the first KotOR you can't use subfolders within the 'override' folder.

From the limited info you give it also looks like you may have instlled some of the mods incorrectly. Always read the readme files that come with any mod first before installing them, if they don't have one or have one that is insufficient we also have this thread.

How to install Mods? (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=143422)

I hope some of this helps.
 Darth Iniquity
02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Ok, so I thought installing the mods was easy enough I didn't need to read the "read this" thread, wrong again. you guys (meaning staff AND contributers to this site) are so good with instructions and step by steps with the tutorials and what not. Only problem is there is SOOO much info out there sifting through to find the relavant info. I do read the readme files... usually several times... :rtfm:
There was a .2da overwrite, but I *thought* i unistalled completely the conflicting mod that was less desireable. I'll have to look back and see if it is worth the effort to add that in. Mostly what I was installing was the added content type mods rather than re-skinnning and/or make me super powerful stuff.

Ok, so there looks to be three choices for me for mod installation help.
stoffe's TSL patcher (is this only for K2?)
cchargin's Mod Manager
T7 Holowan Plug-in

is it reccomended I get all three of these? And if the .rar has an executable inside it does that mean I NEED the TSL patcher? ie the korriban crystal cave. I ran the .exe and it is one (it think) that created a sub-folder in my override folder.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-06-2008, 1:31 PM
Ok, so there looks to be three choices for me for mod installation help.
stoffe's TSL patcher (is this only for K2?)
cchargin's Mod Manager
T7 Holowan Plug-in

is it reccomended I get all three of these? And if the .rar has an executable inside it does that mean I NEED the TSL patcher? ie the korriban crystal cave. I ran the .exe and it is one (it think) that created a sub-folder in my override folder.

Stoffe's patcher is not a program you need to have separate and installed on your computer, unless you plan on packaging your own mods for the community - which you are welcome to do!! :) Rather, the patcher is included in the mods whose author's chose to package their mod with stoffe's tool to insure compatibility to the best degree.

The KMM is a nice utility, but it does require specific installation of your mods, and cannot provide 100% compatibility of all your mods - rather, it allows you to choose which mods you will play with, to avoid conflicts that are known.

You can use KotOR Tool to edit .2da's to add in all the items of separate mods into one complete .2da. You then would need to change some of the scripts that came with the mods in which you merged the .2da's, so that the game would know the correct slot to call in the .2da at the time it is needed.

Right now, your game is confused when you try to use the workbench, because references are calling the wrong rows in the .2da's.

If you want to try and make your list of mods compatible, do as RedHawke requested and list all the mods you would like to make work in your K1. Then the community can help you pinpoint what scripts you might need to alter, and we can help you get that new script compiled and working for you. The author's of the mods, especially RedHawke in this case, will be the best people to help you if they are still around.

Good luck, and have fun!
 Darth Iniquity
02-06-2008, 2:02 PM
Excellent. I will wipe clean my override and modules folders, DL the KMM and start over. I am both lazy and chronically disorganized so the KMM will help. I'll probably take a stab at editing any conflicting .2da files if I really want both or more of the conflicting mods, which I'm sure will bring me back with more questions, and will keep a tally of A) which mods i'm installing, and B) ID the conflict before posting.

My first question could really be boiled down to: Is there a way for me to be lazy and unorganized and find a conflict after the fact? Answer: No, you would have to be very un-lazy after the fact.

Thanks for all the help.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-07-2008, 1:27 AM
This is how we learn!!

Welcome to the community :)
 Darth Iniquity
02-07-2008, 2:48 PM
alright quick question on this stuff, more to come after I try and tackle editing .2da files and others.

I have the KMM and took a stab at working with it to see how it works... man this is like an absolute requirement if you want to install mods... ANYWAY, my question now is, there are several mods i'm looking at some with KMM file, some with nothing, others with the TSLpatcher .exe

Now if i understand the way the TSL patcher works I should be able to load those last and they will take care of most if not all potential conflicts? So getting a little ahead lets say i load a mod with a appearance.2da, then KMM tells me I have a conflict, I do the research edit the .2da and bam two mods no more conflict... then i run the multiple mods with the TSL patcher and they update the appearance.2da file even further so now I have several mods all referencing the same .2da file in the override with no more conflicts. Is this how it works?

As well, when I edit the .2da manually do I just edit the one in the override? and KMM still thinks there is a conflict? Little unsure where I should keep all the mod files, like if I deactivate a mod with a shared file, will it remove that file from the override?
 Watcher07
05-16-2008, 1:55 AM
alright quick question on this stuff, more to come after I try and tackle editing .2da files and others.

I have the KMM and took a stab at working with it to see how it works... man this is like an absolute requirement if you want to install mods... ANYWAY, my question now is, there are several mods i'm looking at some with KMM file, some with nothing, others with the TSLpatcher .exe

Now if i understand the way the TSL patcher works I should be able to load those last and they will take care of most if not all potential conflicts? So getting a little ahead lets say i load a mod with a appearance.2da, then KMM tells me I have a conflict, I do the research edit the .2da and bam two mods no more conflict... then i run the multiple mods with the TSL patcher and they update the appearance.2da file even further so now I have several mods all referencing the same .2da file in the override with no more conflicts. Is this how it works?

As well, when I edit the .2da manually do I just edit the one in the override? and KMM still thinks there is a conflict? Little unsure where I should keep all the mod files, like if I deactivate a mod with a shared file, will it remove that file from the override?

The TSL patcher is a utility that will compare an original unaltered .2da against whatever the changes.ini file tells it that it needs to add or change in that particular .2da that is in your override, if there is one.

Lets say you decide to change Bastilas envmap to CM_Baremetal, a common change because alot of mods use that variable, and you have a mod with the TSL patcher that wants to make that change. When you double click on the TSL patcher icon to install that mod, it looks inside of the tslpatchdata folder that is with that mod and reads the changes.ini file says needs to be altered, in the case of our example, it says that its going to change the line with Bastilas envmap from Default to CM_Baremetal. It will then make the change in the appearance.2da for you that is in your override.

This isn't to say that its a perfect tool, its just that, a tool. UTI files and the like will often reference specific line locations in a .2da file, so if you have mods adding in extra lines to your .2da files, then you will also have to adjust your UTI files as well with a gff editor. A really good intro for you would be to download Bastilas Revelation Robes. It was a robe model that svosh created and chainz.2da re-textured for bastila. In the readme is a step by step walkthrough of how to make the changes and why they need to be made. Personally every mod I download I now create my own personal TSL installation package for to make swapping around mods easier, kmm was just too much of a headache.

I would recommend keeping a folder of all your unaltered .2da files for referencing when you want to merge some information into your override one. There's lots of great .2da tutorials and such around, I'm still fairly new to modding but they've helped alot, good luck.

So, for my second post on these forums, I also ran into this problem with the Ebon Hawk Workbench issue, but I'm trying to tackle it from a different perspective.

I recently have installed the game again for some more playthroughs and installed alot of my favorite mods, editing the .2da's by hand to make sure there were no errors, but I also ran into this problem with the workbench not doing anything. What I need help understanding is exactly how the workbench, either generally or hopefully specifically on the ebon hawk operates from a files perspective. From the reading of some posts on other workbench mods, it seems that there is some kind of script that is called. Now I know nearly nothing about KOTOR scripting so I'm wondering if there are some files I should be paying close attention to, or does it reference a .2da somewhere?

The mods I have installed are the following:

Brotherhood of Shadow v1.07
Weapons of the Old Republic v1.1 & 1.0 - 1.03 patches
Bastila Head Reskin
Bastila Improvement Project
Bastila Extra Lines on Tattooine
Bastila Revelation Robes
Bastila Romance Glitch Fix
Unique Ajunta Pall Ghost
Juhani's Dark Robes
K1 Ultimate Sound Mod
Scout/soldier default model switch
Default soldier uniform post-switch altered to republic soldier uniform
Re-textured republic soldier uniform
Segan Wyndh Armor
Korriban Student Robes
small pieces of Sith Academy Tweaks
Vibroblade Model Fix
Carth’s Extended Taris Dialogue
Character Re-Skins
Complete Quests after Unknown Planet
Deadeye Duncan on Manaan
Endar Spire Dark Jedi
Enhanced Merchants
Card Store
Face Re-Textures for PC
Feat Gain Fix
Fix for Dorak Dantooine Dialogue from “I want to be a Jedi” to “I wish to be a Jedi”
Force Power Gain Fix
Garrum and Tar’eelok Restoration
Get the other Krayt Dragon Pearl
HV88 Blasters
Kill Gorton
Kill Janitor
Korriban Academy Workbench
Mandalorian Reskin
Movie Style Hilts
New Interior Screens for Ebon Hawk
Revan Cutscene Force Powers Fix
Robe Variations and patch
Sharina Fizark Restoration
Sith Assault Armor MKV
Sith Special Forces Armor
T21 Blaster Rifle
Jolee Kashyyyk clothes

Everything in game works perfectly together except for the workbench, no .2da, scripting, or dialogue conflicts except of course the workbench. So any help anyone might be able to give or guidance in how it works would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
 MasterWaffle
05-16-2008, 5:01 AM
I have the same problem, Darth Iniquity. It seemed to happen after I installed the Korriban Academy Workbench. Uninstalling it doesn't help.

Curious. Curious indeed. :)
 Salk
05-07-2010, 7:49 AM
I also have this very same problem and this is the mods I have installed (for a few of them, I made a selection of what to have and what to leave out):

1) Unofficial 1.04 patch
2) Unique Ajunta Pall Ghost
3) Bastila Romance Enhancement
4) Czerka Clothing Fix
5) Walking Animation Fix
6) Korriban Academy Workbench
7) Uthar and Yuthura Revisited
8) Bendak Bounty Rework
9) Movie Style Replacement Hilts
10) Hijata Fix
11) PMHC04 With Blue Eyes
12) Music Enhancement For K1
13) HK-47 Reskin
14) Helena - Bastila's Mother Changes
15) White Komad
16) Jedi Robe Reskins Council Style

As for all of you, restoring a clean game won't eliminate the problem. Obviously the save files contain the bug and I wonder if anyone has any clue yet?

When I installed those mods there was no overwriting involved and everything installed fine.

I have already emailed Darathy InSidious (author of the Korriban Academy Workbench mod), hoping to get some advice.
Page: 1 of 1