Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vader and the Apprentice in bad shape! (56k)

Page: 1 of 2
 Ztalker
01-27-2008, 3:02 PM
Allright. I was doing some internets surfing, when I found out about some miniatures from Lego and Hasbro. They feature (near dead/badly damaged) Vader and the Secret Apprentice. So...what the HELL is going to happen in this game that gives Vader and the Apprentice this kind of injuries?

http://i8.ebayimg.com/07/i/000/d0/3c/d935_1_bl.JPG) http://cache.lego.com/images/shop/prod/7672-0000-xx-33-3.jpg)

Speculate at will!!

PS: Also, Gamespot article on TFU. You can equip the cloths you like and 'pimp' your saber!
Click me (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6185151&tag=topslot;title;1&om_act=convert&om_clk=topslot[/url)

Anyways...if you look at the hasbro miniature, you can see Anakin isn't that old...not as old as the unmasked Episode 6 version at least...

EDIT: Sorry about the 56k in the title. Was planning on adding the picture from the link...
 adamqd
01-27-2008, 4:37 PM
I'm guessing that Vader is having to fight to create the Empire we see in the OT, in the field against dissident systems and worlds that still oppose the Empire, also, depending on how long it is after EPIII he may still be getting used to his armor and lack of legs/force potential, so he could just be getting battered a bit.

As the Apprentice is a secret, he wont have any imperial support so he'll be fighting garrisons single handedly, so there could be a few scrapes and bruises along the way.

Edit: 666..... The Post of the Beast!
 Jeff
01-27-2008, 4:47 PM
lol adamqd

I've seen the Vader battle-damaged figure before but I have no idea what causes those kinds of injuries to him and I'd rather not find out till I'm playing the game.
 Rev7
01-27-2008, 5:12 PM
I saw something on this at starwars.com one day, and there was an article saying that there was an incident that nearly cost Vader his life, and that is what the action figure of Darth Vader is showing. But we will only know what really happen once the game is going to come out and we play it.
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-27-2008, 5:36 PM
A fight between Vader and the Apprentice... outside the training spar?

Hmm...

If the Apprentice can take an ISD down manipulating the Force, he probably can crush an old, mechanical Sith Lord.
 Serpentine Cougar
01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
If the Apprentice can take an ISD down manipulating the Force, he probably can crush an old, mechanical Sith Lord.
Except he won't be all that old during the game, right?
 Ztalker
01-28-2008, 5:43 AM
Serpentine wrote:
Except he won't be all that old during the game, right?

Exactly! If you see what a carnage Vader makes of the operating room in Episode 3...and how he kills a Jedi conclave a few weeks later....the apprentice might not live to tell...

Anyways, since the tale is about 'redemption' and (presuming) Leia makes an appearance (several sources confirm this), I think our Ashtmatic Sith Lord might start in the light path a bit...and together with the apprentice do one last deed of good before being torn to pieces. Allas, he survives and the possible torture by Palpatine would make him evil for the remainder of his life....but that's wishfull thinking of my part :)
 TKA-001
01-28-2008, 8:46 AM
If that happens, I'm going to burn every Lucasarts product I own.
 PoiuyWired
01-28-2008, 9:58 AM
Maybe its like Kingdom Hearts2, whenever you die there is a chance that you turn into Vader and kick some butt.
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-28-2008, 10:02 AM
I'm guessing that the Emperor is about to find out about Vader's Apprentice and Vader decides to kill him or a small group of Jedi gang up on Vader or the apprentice, either way it looks like the fight was intense
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-28-2008, 7:20 PM
Maybe its like Kingdom Hearts2, whenever you die there is a chance that you turn into Vader and kick some butt.
:confused:
 Ztalker
01-29-2008, 7:20 AM
In Kingdom Hearts 2, instead of seeing the 'gamer over' or 'continue' screen when dying, sometimes King Mickey would jump in and give the enemy a beating. Sort of an...last chance. It didn't happen many times though....
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Aww, right. I was thinking on the Anti-Form. :D

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4072/antiformag8.jpg) (http://imageshack.us)

hmm, next sig idea.
 SithStarSlayer
01-29-2008, 10:11 PM
If that happens, I'm going to burn every Lucasarts product I own.
You bring the matches...
I'll bring the powdered-napalm and gasoline.
 Rev7
01-30-2008, 1:36 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ouch.
Well, we certainly know that there is going to be some pretty intense fighting. I can't wait to play TFU! I think that it will be a great, fun game. :D
 PoiuyWired
01-30-2008, 1:58 PM
Actually I am hoping they have some fun costumes you can play with, like that funny Panda suit from OniMusha or something. A nice black suit would be nice, or bond-style tux... or go commando... How about dude in a pink tutu.

Well, you get Soul Caliur of Namco where you get Star Wars hidden character.

Maybe this time you get it the other way round and have Pac-man as hidden character. Think about Pac-man with the force and what not! :)
 BurningZero
01-30-2008, 2:40 PM
pacman

lol

nice suggestion
 Ztalker
01-30-2008, 3:45 PM
Actually, there are some 'Force Unleashed' cards or something that contain codes you can use in-game. 'Wookie' and 'lightsaber' would get you a new costume and a stronger saber.

So...that pink Tutu is out there...somewhere...:xp:
 adamqd
01-30-2008, 4:36 PM
 BurningZero
01-30-2008, 7:54 PM
 Aristotйlēsticus
02-01-2008, 2:45 PM
^^^

There on the back of the miniatures packs...

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TFUcheatcode1.jpg)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC/TFUcheatcode2.jpg)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2008/TFUcheat.jpg)

check the last one! it says that you can unlock the APPRENTICE'S FATHER Custom!!!

do you think this is a new hint? or is it just ...well dont know! this is confusing :)
 Ztalker
02-01-2008, 2:54 PM
The Hidden Apprentice said:
check the last one! it says that you can unlock the APPRENTICE'S FATHER Custom!!!

do you think this is a new hint? or is it just ...well dont know! this is confusing :)

"Secret Apprentice who has no name yet....I am your father...TOO!" *mechanical breathing device* :xp:

No, without the jokes. The Force runs strong through several families. We got the Skywalkers, Quel-Droma's, Sunriders etc. If the apprentice's father was a Jedi (assuming the unlock costume won't be a bankers suit of a garbage man jumpsuit...or the Pink Tutu of Death) it might point us to someone we know from the movies or expanded Universe. It might indeed be a hint like you said :)
 adamqd
02-01-2008, 4:22 PM
Son of Obi-Wan?.....

another topic, Found this pic of the Secret apprentice Evolution toy pack, I guess it is the 3 possible outcomes of the game, Neutral, Lightside, darkside Storyline...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/tayloryea/0022.jpg)

Also found a pic of the finished toy packaging for the beat-up Vader, shows us its not that long after EPIII, judging by his exposed face.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/tayloryea/0042.jpg)
 BurningZero
02-01-2008, 5:17 PM
jeez, the more i read, the more excited i get...
 Jeff
02-01-2008, 7:36 PM
hehe same here.
 Ctrl Alt Del
02-01-2008, 7:40 PM
Man, they're already selling it along with cheat codes...
 Miltiades
02-01-2008, 7:59 PM
Man, they're already selling it along with cheat codes...

I wonder if there will be any cheat codes to buff up your Force Powers... Force Pushing Stormtroopers into space would be so cool... or not...
 Rev7
02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
^It all depends on your point of view. :D

Anyways, those are some cool pictures of Vader being all beat up. I too, just continue to get more and more exited for TFU.
 DAWUSS
02-10-2008, 9:51 PM
I think the Secret Apprentice dies because there's no mention of him in the OT era (OOU because this is his first appearance, obviously), and IMO a fight against Darth Vader which ends with a beat-up Vader and a dead SA could be one way of fulfilling that.
 Miltiades
02-11-2008, 10:22 AM
I think the Secret Apprentice dies because there's no mention of him in the OT era (OOU because this is his first appearance, obviously), and IMO a fight against Darth Vader which ends with a beat-up Vader and a dead SA could be one way of fulfilling that.
He could always go in hiding or just disappear... to reappear in the Legacy comics! :) Though I think the SA dying in the game to be most likely (although LA mentioned they were already planning a sequel).
 Xaris Vynn
02-11-2008, 9:11 PM
I don't think that Vader doing a good deed would be the cause of his injuries, because by then end of "Dark Lord The rise of Darth Vader" he is Bad as can be, and that book takes place weeks after he gets his black suit. I don't want to presume too much but it would be more likely the Emperor find out aout the SA and makes vader and the SA fight for the position at his right hand.
Is LA releasing this for PC I think Moddong this game would be awesome!!
 TKA-001
02-12-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't think that would happen. Palpatine can't make the Apprentice and Vader fight each other because they're both allies. I think it would make more sense if Palpatine figures out about Secret Apprentice somehow and sends an Inquisitor (such as Jerec) or Emperor's Hand (such as Cronal) to kill Apprentice. I suppose Juno Eclipse would have to die too, since she had been involved in a plot to kill the Emperor.
 DAWUSS
02-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I think it would be too early for Palpatine to be able to confirm Vader's attempt of usurping him. I mean, what happens under the event if Vader tried and failed? The outcome would either throw Star Ward history off balance with Vader being executed, or some lame(expletive) forgiveness thingy from Palpatine.

Obviously, the Apprentice's fate isn't set in stone, as opposed to Vader and Palpatine, which gives the Apprentice's role a bit more flexibility.
 Miltiades
02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
I think it would be too early for Palpatine to be able to confirm Vader's attempt of usurping him. I mean, what happens under the event if Vader tried and failed? The outcome would either throw Star Ward history off balance with Vader being executed, or some lame(expletive) forgiveness thingy from Palpatine.
Hadn't thought of that. Well, it's nice to know not everything's already known to us in the game. :)
 TKA-001
02-13-2008, 3:25 PM
Who says Palpatine would figure out that Vader put the Apprentice up to bumping him off? All he could know is that there's some Dark Jedi running around blowing his stuff up.
 Miltiades
02-13-2008, 3:57 PM
Who says Palpatine would figure out that Vader put the Apprentice up to bumping him off? All he could know is that there's some Dark Jedi running around blowing his stuff up.
Palpatine knows everything! :) No, seriously, if someone caught his eye, he'd be on him in no time and the trail would lead him to Vader.
 adamqd
02-13-2008, 5:29 PM
Palpatine knows everything! :) No, seriously, if someone caught his eye, he'd be on him in no time and the trail would lead him to Vader.

Agreed,
also, I'm unsure how/why/if the Emperor doesn't know of the Apprentice's existence, I'm pretty sure most Sith/Jedi and especially someone as powerful as Sidious could sense someone with his power/potential a Galaxy away...
 Son of Skywalker15
02-13-2008, 6:28 PM
Well, we know that the SA is killing stormtroopers because he wants no witnesses. So, you figure, the Emperor would know only by sensing. Now, Jedi have been able to hide their presence (Jacen Solo) so maybe the SA does, considering he's so powerful.
 Miltiades
02-13-2008, 6:40 PM
Well, we know that the SA is killing stormtroopers because he wants no witnesses. So, you figure, the Emperor would know only by sensing. Now, Jedi have been able to hide their presence (Jacen Solo) so maybe the SA does, considering he's so powerful.
Yeah, I think so too. It's been a long time since I saw it, but I thought the Emperor couldn't feel Luke's presence and only knew Luke was on Endor because Vader knew in Episode VI?
 Son of Skywalker15
02-13-2008, 8:06 PM
I thought the Emperor couldn't feel Luke's presence and only knew Luke was on Endor because Vader knew in Episode VI?

This is correct. Vader could feel Luke, but Palpatine couldn't. I never really understood why, however. He was a powerful force user, so I don't really know why he couldn't sense him.

The common factor, if you will, though is also being very powerful in the force.....
 TKA-001
02-13-2008, 9:17 PM
he'd be on him in no time and the trail would lead him to Vader.
How exactly would he follow a trail to Vader? [As of now] Only Vader, the Apprentice, and probably Juno Eclipse know that the SA is working for Vader.
 Miltiades
02-14-2008, 10:52 AM
How exactly would he follow a trail to Vader? [As of now] Only Vader, the Apprentice, and probably Juno Eclipse know that the SA is working for Vader.
Meetings between Vader and the apprentice, or communication between the two in any way possible? Or the fact that if they're on the SA's trail, they're also on Juno's trail and the droid's trail. Like I said, Palpatine finds a way. :)
 adamqd
02-14-2008, 12:00 PM
This is correct. Vader could feel Luke, but Palpatine couldn't. I never really understood why, however. He was a powerful force user, so I don't really know why he couldn't sense him.

The common factor, if you will, though is also being very powerful in the force.....

I think it was a ploy by Sidious to test Vader, and a move by Lucas to emphasize the connection between Father and Son
 Ztalker
02-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Agreed. The relationship with the SA could 'do something' with Vader. Maybe the first seeds of rebelling against his master are planted here (Together WE can rule the Galaxy as father and son!).

The theory of 'another test' seems rather good as well. But then again...if Vader is so darn powerfull, why send a boy?
 Son of Skywalker15
02-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I think it was a ploy by Sidious to test Vader, and a move by Lucas to emphasize the connection between Father and Son

I'd have to agree, especially with the second part. However, they aren't father and son.... unless...... nah :yoda3:
 DarthSomething
02-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Son of Obi-Wan?.....

another topic, Found this pic of the Secret apprentice Evolution toy pack, I guess it is the 3 possible outcomes of the game, Neutral, Lightside, darkside Storyline...

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee283/tayloryea/0022.jpg)

Nope. From left to right:

Secret Apprentice, Secret Apprentice's dad, Previously mentioned Grievous/HK-47 style character
 Son of Skywalker15
02-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Secret Apprentice, Secret Apprentice's dad, Previously mentioned Grievous/HK-47 style character

While you could be right, the box states, "The Secret Apprentice," "Jedi Knight," and "Sith Lord." Where's your proof that it's who you say?
 Miltiades
02-18-2008, 2:10 PM
Nope. From left to right:

Nope. It's the Secret Apprentice, the Secret Apprentice's mom and on the right is his dad. :)

Seriously, the one on the right looks like he has an Ubese mask on. Maybe he's an Ubese Sith Lord!
 PoiuyWired
02-18-2008, 3:13 PM
Hmmm the middle one. Is it him being a Jedi, or is it some soon-to-be sithlord famous Jedi knight? But given that hes arm is un ObiWane this may yet be another character.

Everyone knows ObiWan's arm collection in his freezer on Tatooine.
 adamqd
02-18-2008, 5:02 PM
The pack they come in is called the "Secret Apprentice" "Evolution" pack, meaning it is the evolution of the yet unnamed one, i.e him at different stages of his story. it is the same as the Evolutions Anakin to Vader pack.
If it had characters as well as the SA it would be called the Force Unleashed: Evolutions or something.
Page: 1 of 2