Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Mass Effect Save Bug

Page: 1 of 1
 Gargoyle King
01-20-2008, 3:51 PM
Hi. I am currently (or rather was :lol: ) playing Mass Effect on a first playthrough. The problem is i'm about 11 hours into the game and i've encountered a major bug. I talked To Tali in the engine room of the Normandy after completing the quest were:you get a datapad containing vital information of which Tali could use to help her people, the Quarians defeat the Geth and reclaim their world. Being the renegade i am however i refused her the datapad and she will now obviously not have much to say to me.The problem is i immediately saved the game and switched the game off having been playing it straight for around 6 hours. But now when i load the game, all i get is a black screen of which i can hear my character running around when i move (of whom i can't see) and can still see the HUD etc.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated, as i don't fancy starting the game again after completing a lot of sidequests. If i can't save my savegame (excuse the pun) then i'll have to reluctantly restart. For the record i'm playing as a Female; Earthborn; Ruthless; Soldier.
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-20-2008, 4:00 PM
So you have an autosaved game? Try loading that one if you do
 Gargoyle King
01-20-2008, 4:15 PM
So you have an autosaved game? Try loading that one if you doActually no i have autosaving disabled (yeah i know a stupid idea, guess i learned my lesson).
 adamqd
01-20-2008, 5:44 PM
It could be your Xbox, I've had similar trouble with a game, it just suddenly decided that it wont render certain areas, no matter what I do, but it pays other games fine. very temperamental. Although I did take my game and hard drive around a friends, and the save game loaded fine on his, maybe try that and you'll know if your console is on its way out :)
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-20-2008, 5:52 PM
You can still see the HUD, eh? Try overwriting that buggy savegame with one of this darkened Engine Room. It might work, and I think that the situation can't get any worse.
 Gargoyle King
01-20-2008, 7:06 PM
It could be your Xbox, I've had similar trouble with a game, it just suddenly decided that it wont render certain areas, no matter what I do, but it pays other games fine. very temperamental. Although I did take my game and hard drive around a friends, and the save game loaded fine on his, maybe try that and you'll know if your console is on its way out :)I'll try it on my mates 360, problem is though mine is a brand new 360 Elite, so it will be quite annoying if it is on it's way out. Thanks for the help everyone, if nothing else works then it looks i'll be restarting. :(
 mimartin
01-22-2008, 8:57 PM
I was going to write that the bug was normal and it has happen to me, which is true. However, I got the red rings of death tonight, so my saying that means nothing. Although my save game problem in the engine room happen on my first play through that is over 100 hours of playtime ago. The first advice and the best advice I remember reading the first time I came to this forum was “Save, Save, Save.” That holds true not matter the game.

No worries about the Xbox, I’m already back to playing Mass Effect after a short ride to Best Buy. I had no clue the hard drives just popped off. I was upset that I had lost all my information more than the cost of a new 360. Now I have to deal with Microsoft. :(
Page: 1 of 1