Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

No joystick detected in Rogue Squadron

Page: 1 of 1
 Tokk Brone
01-19-2008, 12:41 PM
I've been playing Rogue Squadron for years both on my old Sony VAIO PCs and for the past few months on my new Dell PC. About Jan 12th or so of 2008
I opened Rogue and my Logitech Extreme 3D Pro USB stick was no longer being detected. I have a 4-week old DEll XPS-420 PC and I'm running WIN Vista Home Premium, 4GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz, 320GB hard drive, 128MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro via PCIe x 16 slot. Starting eight or nine years ago, I've used the 'glide trick' with creating a folder on my desktop for Glide while deleting the Windows Glide, and I use the Rogue patch from this web site. I guess in a nutshell, I've never had a real issue running Rogue untill this sudden non-detection of the Logitech joystick. Only stick programming updates are available for my stick ... no new drivers or patches that I'm aware of. I was just reading some Rogue/Joystick issues that are in here from 2001, so I figured I'd start this topic fresh for 2008. Has anyone experienced this pproblem at all?
Tokk Brone
 art.hauser
01-29-2008, 6:15 PM
I am having the same problem with my old Microsoft SideWinder Precision Pro. When I first loaded the game, it ran with no problems. Today, I ran the game for a while, then logged out. When I logged back into the game, it won't see the joystick. I'm running Win Vista Home Pro, too. The computer sees the joystick fine. I've rebooted, unininstalled and reinstalled the game. I'm open to suggestions.
Thanks,
Hauser
Page: 1 of 1