Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Multiplayer possibly online?

Page: 1 of 1
 Padwon_link
01-14-2008, 7:49 PM
Hey, I now know that TFU is coming out for the Wii, and that there is going to be a duel mode :D . But....I have been talking to friends and someone mentioned an online duel mode :confused: . I didn't think that LA was doing this. Could anyone confirm this as false? If it is true I will be baffled.

Edit: I was just thinking about lagging issues and, well, wouldn't it be hard to duel someone if you were lagging? Just a thought, but this might be good enough to make my friends think about the possiblity that online dueling will not be used.
 Ztalker
01-16-2008, 4:55 AM
Well, let's think of an medium with good intenernet capabilities...the PC...o wait, it's not coming for PC! :xp: [/sarcasm]

Anyways, Nintendo isn't that...interested in internet for their consoles. or at least, I get that feeling. It was just sad what they managed with the Gamcube...although the Wii with all it's channels is an improvement.

X-Box has a huge X-Box Live fanbase. Seems a solid reason for an online mode.

PS3..I don't know. Have no experience with that console whatsoever.

Seems a 50/50 case to me. Recent games as Uncharted and Mario Galaxy have proven a single-player only game can be just as cool as an online game. And since online components cost money to develop, LA will probably leave it behind in favor of more dollars, pounds, n' euro's, a.k.a ice cold CASH. :(
 Padwon_link
01-16-2008, 9:54 AM
That a good point thanks.
 Ctrl Alt Del
01-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Nintendo lack of interest with Internet died with the Cube. They now think that the users "want to play online games", though we still "Don't want to play on a high-def TV"...

I would expect an online mode, why not? Including a Mii version...
 Qwerty Uiop
03-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Will there be some sort of multiplayer and online mode for the 360 and PS3?
 PoiuyWired
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Probably not PS3. $0ny is famous for providing next to no support for any game companies develiping for their systems like PS3(though not as famous as their ability to completely ruin MMO like swg)

Quite a few games decide to do online play for 360, but not on the PS3 version.
 Darth Moeller
03-04-2008, 4:02 PM
It'd be neat if we did get online but I'm not counting on it...
 Ctrl Alt Del
03-04-2008, 6:39 PM
Probably not PS3. $0ny is famous for providing next to no support for any game companies develiping for their systems like PS3(though not as famous as their ability to completely ruin MMO like swg)

Who knows? PS3 Home intend to beat Xbox Live.
 TKA-001
03-05-2008, 1:06 PM
Wire's post suddenly made me realize what "SOE" stands for.
 Qwerty Uiop
03-13-2008, 1:46 PM
I hope there is online MP, because I'd love to be able to use some of those Force powers in MP.
 adamqd
03-13-2008, 2:22 PM
Who knows? PS3 Home intend to beat Xbox Live.

Xbox live will be fine if they continue to charge for it, if they make it free... I dread to think how little support and updates we'll get. We'll be praying for PS3 then...
 homiJ15
03-14-2008, 6:57 PM
im a little confused, is there going to be multiplayer on the 360 (im not talking about online mode or xbox live)
 Darth Moeller
03-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Pretty sure there will be but they haven't talked about any online modes besides the Wii and I think PSP.
 Rev7
03-14-2008, 10:25 PM
I doubt this, but that is just me. A regular multi-player would be cool, but I also doubt that...
 Serpentine
03-16-2008, 8:49 AM
I hardly ever play any game's multiplayer on the internet, so I hope they do have offline multi-play. I like being in the same room with my opponents....

(If they get on your nerves you can chuck your controller at them...)
 PoiuyWired
03-16-2008, 11:37 PM
PSP online play is not as practical as somple PSP offline multiplayer, where you can play together while chilling out with friends. And frankly, you can always play your regular multiplayer mode online with xlink.
Page: 1 of 1