Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3 WISHLIST

Page: 1 of 2
 sviskejuice
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Please post some ideas of things that should be on Battlefront 3.....
 doneyes
01-03-2008, 10:29 AM
hmmmmmm,i got it! gall mountains on swbf3!
 JawaEater
01-03-2008, 12:24 PM
heres my list but be warned this list if gonna be looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggg
-fully destructable enviroments
-customizable characters
-more troops on the battlefield at one time
-more vehicles on the battlefiled at one time
-hero class
-new soldier types (different colours,special troops,spec ops etc..)
-customizable weapons
-more weapon upgrades
-more campaign missions
-different style of campaign missions
-maps from EU,movies,comics,books etc..
-more vheicles
-better monologue
-better voice overs
-better graphics which should be added
-sandbox style gameplay so that you can freeroam around which also concludes with this one that i want added
-larger maps
-command group of troops
-larger space battles including more fighters flying around
-alrger interior on capital ships
-capital ship turrets damage
-actually takedown capital ship by shooting its main parts then taking it down with turrets,bombs,missles etc..
-capital ships move
-new mode where you stop the capital ship from gettign to a destination like space station,planet,other capital ship,its allies,allied freights,its allied space station etc..
-damage is visible on enemies,vehicles and like i said fully destructable enviroments you can see the damage
-cell shader (shadows,enviroment has enormous detail you can even see a little big crawl around)
-completely interactive enviroment (useable computers,able to pick up a glass and throw it stuff like that)
-anything can be picked up and used as a weapon (drinking glass,wood plank,metal beam,rod,iron bar,peice of concrete,part of broken wall etc..)
-xbox live!
-hundreds of people able to play on xbox live,playstation HUB and PC online
-ingame friends list
and well im out of ideas but thats all the stuff i would like it so if its my version of the game it would have to be at leats two discs jsut to play the freakin game!
 sviskejuice
01-03-2008, 2:18 PM
This you have been pondering a lot on :p
 jawathehutt
01-03-2008, 8:07 PM
No, cheats ruin games, and dont double post
 dr.w
01-04-2008, 12:01 AM
for battlefront 3 they should have heros and villians that you create. like what kind of weapons, type of lightsaber fighting style (form VI, or vaapad), color of your lightsaber blade, powers like force lightning, etc.
- also it should have new eras like the sith war, yuuzhan vong war, swarm war, confederation/alliance war, and maybe the sith-imperial war.
 jawathehutt
01-04-2008, 8:08 PM
for battlefront 3 they should have heros and villians that you create. like what kind of weapons, type of lightsaber fighting style (form VI, or vaapad), color of your lightsaber blade, powers like force lightning, etc.

THIS IS NOT JA OR KOTOR! If anything, jedi should be removed. If you want jedi customization and crap like that, PLAY JA OR KOTOR!
 sviskejuice
01-08-2008, 9:00 AM
Bring back the cool loading screen from BF1 :D
 sviskejuice
01-08-2008, 9:02 AM
Choose "Star Wars" background music on instant action. (Music composed by John Williams)
 DeathKnight23
01-08-2008, 9:34 AM
Choose "Star Wars" background music on instant action. (Music composed by John Williams)

Hmmm... i actually like this, i was about to say i dislike it, but after 10 seconds of thinking :lol: i've changed my mind, there r a few cool tunes i would like to be in the backkground as i'm playing (like the march on the Jedi Temple one for starters)
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-08-2008, 4:02 PM
Wow how many threads about this topic are there ?!

More vehicles and larger parties online
 jawathehutt
01-08-2008, 4:20 PM
Wow how many threads about this topic are there ?!

more than necessary.
 DeathKnight23
01-09-2008, 3:39 AM
more than necessary.

there'd probably only be about three threads if peopl didn't keep opening new 'what do u want in BF3 threads'
 NL_Sudentor
01-21-2008, 1:10 PM
The game need to be more realistic in my opinion
In the movie are the colors on the clones very different from each planet.
Like when the attack the jedi temple they have blue colors and on felucia they are orange and yellow.
Further do i hope that they will remove the snipers, i hate it when you have a nice fight when suddenly is sniper hits you.
Instead of 32 units on the battlefield it need to improve to 64 units and more vehicles need to be availeble too!
I want to have the game with high grafics and beatiful details.

I would be very cool when you can go from land to space battle but i don't think this will be possible.
Jedi's need be able to fight eachother the same as the game from star wars where you can be only be a jedi. (i don't know the name of that game)
So better fights and blocking of your opponents slash with the lightsaber must be there.

This is my wish for bf3 and, sorry if some words aren't spelled right but I am from holland so sorry!!!!
 Bs|Rogue52
01-21-2008, 3:32 PM
Further do i hope that they will remove the snipers, i hate it when you have a nice fight when suddenly is sniper hits you.

Jedi's need be able to fight eachother the same as the game from star wars where you can be only be a jedi. (i don't know the name of that game)
So better fights and blocking of your opponents slash with the lightsaber just be there.

I respect your opinion, but without snipers the game would be a det fest. Being a sniper isnt easy, when you cant heal yourself, must hit every other class twice to kill them and cant simply defuse all the mines that occupy choke points like engineers. If you cant stand snipers and want to have a nice fight, just play a match without that excludes them or avoid maps such as Kamino, Genosis and other large maps

For the Jedi, if they played as well as those from previous LA games why would you buy any other game besides a "future" SWBF3
 NL_Sudentor
01-22-2008, 7:38 AM
Oh and i forgot, ty deathknight for reminding.
Plz let the soundtracks be customizeble. So you can choose yourself wich soundtrack you prefer.
Soundtracks are especially important at star wars
 NL_Sudentor
01-22-2008, 7:45 AM
Well if the jedi are like that previous LA game you are absolutely right. But why not, It means that they want battlefrontstyle and jedi fights you have to buy that one. So higher sales but most of all they can concentrate all their efforts on the bf3 without making other games.

And some people talk about EU stuff in the game!!!!
Well i already said i am from holland but me and many others prefer only the things that we saw in the movies.
Can somebody plz explain which things the EU star wars contains!!!!!
 NL_Sudentor
01-22-2008, 10:56 AM
heres my list but be warned this list if gonna be looooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggg
-fully destructable enviroments
-customizable characters
-more troops on the battlefield at one time
-more vehicles on the battlefiled at one time
-hero class
-new soldier types (different colours,special troops,spec ops etc..)
-customizable weapons
-more weapon upgrades
-more campaign missions
-different style of campaign missions
-maps from EU,movies,comics,books etc..
-more vheicles
-better monologue
-better voice overs
-better graphics which should be added
-sandbox style gameplay so that you can freeroam around which also concludes with this one that i want added
-larger maps
-command group of troops
-larger space battles including more fighters flying around
-alrger interior on capital ships
-capital ship turrets damage
-actually takedown capital ship by shooting its main parts then taking it down with turrets,bombs,missles etc..
-capital ships move
-new mode where you stop the capital ship from gettign to a destination like space station,planet,other capital ship,its allies,allied freights,its allied space station etc..
-damage is visible on enemies,vehicles and like i said fully destructable enviroments you can see the damage
-cell shader (shadows,enviroment has enormous detail you can even see a little big crawl around)
-completely interactive enviroment (useable computers,able to pick up a glass and throw it stuff like that)
-anything can be picked up and used as a weapon (drinking glass,wood plank,metal beam,rod,iron bar,peice of concrete,part of broken wall etc..)
-xbox live!
-hundreds of people able to play on xbox live,playstation HUB and PC online
-ingame friends list
and well im out of ideas but thats all the stuff i would like it so if its my version of the game it would have to be at leats two discs jsut to play the freakin game!

He jawaeater it is still not the year 2015 man be realistic and are there on this forum any developers or somebody who knows developers of the game to confirm finally if the game is in development!!!
 DeathKnight23
01-23-2008, 3:40 AM
He jawaeater it is still not the year 2015 man be realistic and are there on this forum any developers or somebody who knows developers of the game to confirm finally if the game is in development!!!

he's just saying what he wants in BF3, although that list is a little too long admitadly :xp:
 NL_Sudentor
01-24-2008, 5:33 PM
I hope they will not use any special weapons when you got 8 kills in a row or something it sucks and at bf2 you couldn't turn off the upgraded weapons.
It would be better if you have unlimited ammo but that you can only shoot for example 10 or 20 blasters before it is overheated.
And it would be better too when you can choose immediatly all the availeble units instead of unlocking them by points.
 DeathKnight23
01-25-2008, 4:09 AM
If u could turn on/off special weapons then it wouldn't be too bad, u can decide if u want it like the heroes.
 NL_Sudentor
01-25-2008, 7:02 AM
If u could turn on/off special weapons then it wouldn't be too bad, u can decide if u want it like the heroes.

Yes but i don't mean the jedi and units, but when u begin for example with the clones you can't choose the 'clone commander' and the 'jetpack clone'
this needs to change.
 DeathKnight23
01-25-2008, 7:47 AM
Yes but i don't mean the jedi and units, but when u begin for example with the clones you can't choose the 'clone commander' and the 'jetpack clone'
this needs to change.

thats because their the special units and u can't have a whole battlefield full of them, it has to be limited.
 DeathKnight23
01-25-2008, 8:00 AM
this needs to change.

thats because their the special units and u can't have a whole battlefield full of them, it has to be limited.
 TripHammer
01-25-2008, 9:20 AM
this needs to change.

Why does it have to change? I like the idea of unlockables. It's not like it's all that hard to earn enough to get them anyway.
 jawathehutt
01-25-2008, 4:19 PM
And do we really want a team of nothing but engineers and droidecas? I didnt think so.
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-25-2008, 4:49 PM
It should featuer the custom unit option (like COD 4) when you can decide what would your primary weapon be as well as your secondary one
 urluckyday
01-25-2008, 5:04 PM
I'm wishing for a not nearly as buggy game that looks nice without eating all the system resources...but oh well, I can dream I guess.
 NL_Sudentor
01-26-2008, 4:24 AM

Indeed, i agree with u.
32 droidekas on a map would be boring haha.
But still that isn't the problem.

When you start a map the last two appear black but even when u got enough points, there are only four allowed on one map. So i just want no black appearance and off course when the number of bots increase to 64 i hope you can choose more special units.

And i still want that they remove the snipers, this is another time then battlefield so snipers 'GO AWAY' i hate them
 Bs|Rogue52
01-26-2008, 10:06 AM
Im not sure if the map size with repsect to people is proporsional to the number of specials allowed, but i guess if it isnt they could make it proprsional. If it is proprsional then specials shouldnt be a problem.
I doubt theyre going to get rid of snipers and hope they dont.
 darkjedimonkey
01-27-2008, 5:33 PM
*my list
-destructable enviroments
-more troops and vehicles on the battlefield
-more vehicles
-better monologue
-better graphics
-larger maps
-command group of troops
-larger space battles, i.e. more ships, fighters, pilots, etc
-larger spaces inside ships
 DeathKnight23
01-28-2008, 3:50 AM
Indeed, i agree with u.
32 droidekas on a map would be boring haha.
But still that isn't the problem.

When you start a map the last two appear black but even when u got enough points, there are only four allowed on one map. So i just want no black appearance and off course when the number of bots increase to 64 i hope you can choose more special units.

And i still want that they remove the snipers, this is another time then battlefield so snipers 'GO AWAY' i hate them

Fair enough.

btw i think snipres r going to stay despite ur dislike for them :xp:
 NL_Sudentor
01-28-2008, 2:15 PM
Alright i now present you all my list of what bf3 should contain.

- Increased bots from to 32 to 64
- Bigger environments and for example on utapau more levels to fight.
- Better detail and graphics on environment, units, tanks, explosions, and carry on.
- Jedi need to fight better. The should be able to block their opponents attack and the should have just a health bar instead of a decreasing healthbar.
- The special units must be immediatly available and must have an max cap of 6 on the bf and also snipers must have this max cap.
- The clones must have different colors at each map. Like blue at the jedi temple and yellow and orange and brown at felucia for example.
- The background music must be optional and must be customizable so you can choose yourself wich music will be played (Music makes Star Wars!!!)
- The space battles must be bigger and also bombers must have a max cap of 10 or something so more fighters go into battle.
- Capitalship should be destroyable.
- Blasters shouldn't be ammo but unlimited shots. But if you fire too fast it should get overheated. In the movies they also don't shoot like they have a machinegun. And automaticaly should a blaster hit cause more injury too then.
- AI of the comp bots must be much better because in bf2 they were as stupid as an 4 year old.
And it would be very cool if you have a spawnpoint in the air like that the clones must enter a transport to fly out the capitalship to land on the surface and fight for an outpost.

Well this is my final list and i hope it is enough.
Plz post your comments!!!
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-28-2008, 2:19 PM
The Snipers should get a shotgun, that would be awesome (yeah I love sniping)
 DeathKnight23
01-29-2008, 3:39 AM
The Snipers should get a shotgun, that would be awesome (yeah I love sniping)

snipres - shotgun?

the point of a sniper is to kill from far away, that won't be the case if they have shotguns :xp:
 NL_Sudentor
01-30-2008, 10:52 AM
snipres - shotgun?

the point of a sniper is to kill from far away, that won't be the case if they have shotguns :xp:

indeed
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-30-2008, 12:33 PM
well, if the enemy gets up close and personal, you need a better weapon than a lame 2 handed blaster that overheats too easily, thats common sense
 NL_Sudentor
01-30-2008, 1:17 PM
well, if the enemy gets up close and personal, you need a better weapon than a lame 2 handed blaster that overheats too easily, thats common sense

Well first of all, snipers aren't made for close combat fighting so just a blaster will do fine.
Maybe it should be made without overheating very quickly but a shotgun doesn't make sense he.
It is not a specail unit.
 TripHammer
01-30-2008, 3:25 PM
It should featuer the custom unit option (like COD 4) when you can decide what would your primary weapon be as well as your secondary one

Well.. I hate to say it (because I've been dead against the customization and rankings for SWBF3 since day 1 of the speculation of release), but when I started playing COD4, the first thing I started thinking was how well this kind of system would work for SWBF3. The ranking up of players and weapons has been with FPS games for a while, but I like the way they did it in COD4. I like the completed challenges and ranking for multi-player.

So I guess it's official.. I'm a convert. If the devs were to introduce a system of customization and ranking like they have for COD4, I'm all for it.
 JoeDoe 2.0
01-30-2008, 7:28 PM
^^ I agree, I play COD4 too and I just love how to customize my weapons, I use the Shotty/Sniper combo (duh) works well for range and close combat
 Rev7
01-30-2008, 8:32 PM
I think that it might be cool to customize your army's armor. Ex. having a red helmet, or white with black stripes.
I agree with that. Yeah, I know that snipers are made for distance warfare, but in Battlefront, it could be extremely handy IMO.
 deathclone
02-02-2008, 9:59 PM
well my friend (im not ur firend i just like saying that) COD4 is VERY different in this im sure the wars a bigger so it need to be fair. and since the troops hav speaciltys (like commander incress def and droideka is fastest AND slowest unit in the game) if u could choose it would be very unfair Cough droideka with a rocket 4 steps sheild-BOOM-ball-Outta here
 deathclone
02-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I think that it might be cool to customize your army's armor. Ex. having a red helmet, or white with black stripes.

I agree with that. Yeah, I know that snipers are made for distance warfare, but in Battlefront, it could be extremely handy IMO.
Cough bash Cough
 NL_Sudentor
02-05-2008, 8:02 AM
^^ I agree, I play COD4 too and I just love how to customize my weapons, I use the Shotty/Sniper combo (duh) works well for range and close combat

COD 4 is based on modern warfare that is already being used in iraq and afghanistan and everybody who watches the news sees fully packed soldiers on the streets.
So in real life they can choose their weaponry too!!!
This makes COD 4 more realistic if you base it on optional weapons and stuff on it.

But Star wars is fictional, they don't need modifications, they are never packed with a huge bag on their backs or with special scopes or whatever. Just keep this game a Star wars game and don't modify the weapons
 sviskejuice
02-11-2008, 6:36 PM
- Blood effects (not on CIS)
- 3D hologram map witch shows your position (X-axes and Y-axes)
- Change color on your teams commandpost, and the enemies commandpost (in options)
 jawathehutt
02-11-2008, 7:09 PM
COD 4 is based on modern warfare that is already being used in iraq and afghanistan and everybody who watches the news sees fully packed soldiers on the streets.
This makes COD 4 more realistic if you base it on optional weapons and stuff on it.

While I agree with your second point, but your first point is inaccurate. Our soldiers in the middle east dont just wander around with 47s and what ever else they find. Aside from some of the elite groups and mercenary scum the US hired, our troops are gonna be using what sammy gives them. And the elites and mercs are gonna be using top of the line weapons from private companies, not some gun they picked off a pissed off moron.
 JoeDoe 2.0
02-11-2008, 7:23 PM
well my friend (im not ur firend i just like saying that) COD4 is VERY different in this im sure the wars a bigger so it need to be fair. and since the troops hav speaciltys (like commander incress def and droideka is fastest AND slowest unit in the game) if u could choose it would be very unfair Cough droideka with a rocket 4 steps sheild-BOOM-ball-Outta here

Well my friend (I would never be your friend :xp: ) the developers would need to allow only common sense changes and such to avoid the crazy possibilities you have pointed out
 darkjedimonkey
02-12-2008, 7:07 PM

But Star wars is fictional, they don't need modifications, they are never packed with a huge bag on their backs or with special scopes or whatever. Just keep this game a Star wars game and don't modify the weapons

oh yeah. and in world war two americans picked up machine guns from germans because thats what you can do in call of duty 123.
and soldiers in iraq pick up ak47s because ak47s are accurate and better than our guns. NOT!
 NL_Sudentor
02-13-2008, 9:50 AM
oh yeah. and in world war two americans picked up machine guns from germans because thats what you can do in call of duty 123.
and soldiers in iraq pick up ak47s because ak47s are accurate and better than our guns. NOT!

I understand you react like this and i didn't formulate it well i think.

I didn't mean to pick up enemy weapons but i meant that when they start a mission they can customize it with thermal scopes, gl203 launcher or whatever else.

But that info was just an example and not really necessary.

Miscalculation on my part!

sorry
 NL_Sudentor
02-13-2008, 9:52 AM
While I agree with your second point, but your first point is inaccurate. Our soldiers in the middle east dont just wander around with 47s and what ever else they find. Aside from some of the elite groups and mercenary scum the US hired, our troops are gonna be using what sammy gives them. And the elites and mercs are gonna be using top of the line weapons from private companies, not some gun they picked off a pissed off moron.

No i totally agree. Why an ak 47 instead off the US state of the art m4 SOFOR rifles, or any other modern warfare but i didn't mean that,

Plz look at my post above
Page: 1 of 2