Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tweak Pack

Page: 1 of 1
 Aeroldoth
12-19-2007, 5:19 PM
DOWNLOAD 1.1 (http://www.mediafire.com/?2mzw2zmyqtq)

Force Power Icon screenshot (http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m95/Aeroldoth/ForcePowerIcons.jpg)

April, 2010 - download link updated

This mod tweaks a bunch of things in the game. Full details are in the readme, but here's a quick summary of what it has:

Makes the dark jedi trios on Kashyyyk and Tatooine tougher
Changes the classes of your NPC allies
Replaces all the Force Power icons with re-colored images
Makes grenades deadlier
Replaces the original implants with about two dozen new ones
Modifies the Taris interrogators
Some minor single file replacements
Changes some of the Force Powers
Gives Nemo a green robe and saber
Gives robes a minor boost to Charisma and force regen
Modifies numerous weapons, making blasters more deadly

I didn't want to try and post the entire readme here. Not only might it not fit, I didn't want to subject anyone to a mile long post. :lol: Ths mod is free for all and I'll answer any questions anybody has (while I'm still here obviously).
 Darth Payne
12-19-2007, 7:03 PM
Holy **BEEEP**, this looks really good so far.

I don't think i can use most of the mod until my next re-installation of the game, which is due to some of the mods i use.

Edit: Is it possible for me to only use some of the folders? I ask because i can't put in any more 2da files due to me being unable to edit 2da's.
 Aeroldoth
12-19-2007, 8:51 PM
I apologize if that wasn't clear in the readme. Yes, this isn't an all-or-nothing mod. The reason I broke it up into folders is so you can pick and choose whatever you want, like a buffet. Stick what you want in the Override and dump the rest. You can even pick and choose from inside each folder, if you know what you're doing. For example, say you want Carth's file, but not any of the others. Well, just copy his then.

And I'll repeat what I'm sure others have already told you... editing 2das is easy. They can be a bit daunting at first, but they're easier than you might expect. I included info in the readme on what to change, but if you still feel it's too much, then just skip those folders.
 Biges
01-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks, I'm going to try it.
Althou you should have added the readme into the archive :)
 Aeroldoth
01-22-2008, 11:12 PM
The only reason the readme is so large is because uploading converted my .bmps to .jpgs, ballooning the size. This made the readme alone actually larger than the mod WITH the readme.
 Biges
01-29-2008, 4:53 PM
I installed some parts of your tweak mod, force powers tweaking among them. But now I can not get rid of Improved Energy Resistatnce. It just don't go away.

There are two files: k_sp1_generic.ncs and k_inc_force.nss. I believe the second one is un-compiled script, should I compile it before copying to the Override folder?
 LeatherValkyrie
01-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I hate raising dead topics... but is there still a working link to download this mod?

Please read the stuck threads before posting posts like this, even though this isn't a PCGM linked mod the basics of the stuck thread still apply.

PCGameMods FAQs (Read before posting about any and all down/broken links please) (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623)

Note the part in parenthesis that means basically for all dead links. Thanks.

I have deleted the other posts asking this same thing as repeating these posts is spam, because of those other posts I am adding this edit here, this isn't solely directed at LeatherValkyrie but more of a message to everyone. -RH
 Aeroldoth
04-28-2010, 5:45 PM
Hey all!

I recently had the urge to play kotor again, and thought I'd pop in here. I see that the download link has expired. I've re-zipped the files and uploaded again for anyone who wants it.

I just want to point out, for those who didn't read through the readme, that this whole mod is community property. People can modify, edit, upload, or do abso-toot-ly anything you want with this. To repeat, people can change things in this mod and upload themselves if they wish, it's community property. This isn't my mod, it's yours.

Enjoy.
 Aeroldoth
05-11-2010, 2:50 AM
Has anyone tried the modified weapon damages? Do any weapons seem underpowered or overpowered? I'm thinking of fiddling with power shields and possibly mines as well.

I'd be interested in any thoughts.
 Kyr'am Galaar
05-11-2010, 5:01 PM
Very nice! I'm downloading! :thmbup1:
 Aeroldoth
05-14-2010, 11:18 PM
I've received some suggestions, so I thought I'd ask what others think.

Increasing the DC and damage of mines.
Making different versions of grenades to match mines (minor, average, deadly).
Changing the saves so that all grenades are Reflex, all mines are Fort, and all Force powers are Will.
Making the Dark Jedi trios, Juhani, and governor harder still.
Make the Joinable Player Characters more realistic by having odd numbered stats.
Removing the AC bonus from jedi robes
increase lightsaber damage to TSL (2-16, 2-20, 2-24).

Some changes I have done:

Redid the Force icons to include alpha transparency so they don't clip.
Reworked power shields completely, as well as making a few new icons.

I'm also planning on taking a look at the Star Forge droids that spawn near the end, as they were so easy I left to make a sandwich while my solo guardian on Difficult slaughtered them.
Page: 1 of 1