Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Funny sound stuff going on...

Page: 1 of 1
 Negative Sun
12-04-2007, 5:44 PM
Right I seem to have lost my sound, but only online!!!

I've re-installed flash player since most online sound is played through that on my machine...I'd investigate it a bit further myself but I've just come back from day 6 of an 8 day work marathon (w00t lucky me!) and I've just had the most rubbish day ever so far so if anyone's ever had this before or has any ideas they're more than welcome...

Cheers :)

Edit: I'm using WinXP SP2 btw, and if you've been around the tech forums before you'll know my compy specs I'm sure, I've got onboard audio with a Realtek AC 97 controller or something...
 Astrotoy7
12-04-2007, 7:18 PM
so you mean stuff like youtube has no sound ?? But mp3 play fine in winamp/wmp/whatever ???

Is it just FF or does it do it in IE as well... you could have a broken plugin ??

mtfbwya
 Negative Sun
12-05-2007, 5:18 AM
so you mean stuff like youtube has no sound ?? But mp3 play fine in winamp/wmp/whatever ???

Is it just FF or does it do it in IE as well... you could have a broken plugin ??

mtfbwya

Yeah everything plays fine on WMP. It's IE as well as FF...it's gone on any kind of video online, youtube and other site.
 Negative Sun
12-05-2007, 5:33 AM
Hey Negative Sun's Fiancee here, managed to fix it for him.It was something in control panel>sound/audio>audio default device...
See sometimes they just don't listen!!
 Astrotoy7
12-06-2007, 5:00 AM
lolz.... maybe you should take over his tech reporter job too :) Pay's crap though :p

glad its fixed ;)

mtfbwya
 Negative Sun
12-06-2007, 5:45 AM
lolz.... maybe you should take over his tech reporter job too :) Pay's crap though :p

glad its fixed ;)

mtfbwya

hahaha the only reason I was able to fix it was because NS messed around with it lol. I like to prove a point from time to time :)

Edit: NS here again, I object!
I never messed around with it and I have proof...somewhere :p

You giving my job here away Astro? I know I haven't been busy on here lately but that's no reason to fire me Mr Meanie!
Page: 1 of 1