Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another cheat code revealed

Page: 1 of 1
 Dagobahn Eagle
10-09-2001, 9:24 PM
forceboat (you have to be over water, though)

With all the talk about it, it's funny I never tried it :)

..this is the Eagle, reporting live from the Gaber chat!
 darthfergie
10-09-2001, 10:16 PM
but that isn't the cheat code...you have to enter a different one...I think...
 Rdog22
10-09-2001, 10:26 PM
okay i found 4 new cheats!

forcecarbon -1000 carbon

forcefood - 1000 food

forcenova - 1000 nova

forceore -1000 ore

forcebuild/forcebuilding - ???
 AoErat
10-09-2001, 10:50 PM
What exactly does "forceboat" do?
 Rdog22
10-09-2001, 11:34 PM
forcebuild - allows workers to build things instantly and research instantly.
 Dagobahn Eagle
10-09-2001, 11:44 PM
You get an invisible ship with an attack of 40. You have to go click Comma (Idle military units) to select it ;).
 Young David
10-10-2001, 12:49 PM
I'd prefer some 'fun-cool-units-cheats' Like those in AoE where you get a baby on a trycicle :)

These are 'false-playing' cheat codes ... no phun
 darthfergie
10-10-2001, 5:45 PM
Yeah...AoE_RoR had the coolest cheats of any RTS. AoK didn't have enough cheats :(
 Luke Skywalker
10-10-2001, 6:07 PM
I hope those cheats do not work in multiplayer against other players because I hate cheaters. Except for when we agree to use mods. Then Im ok with it. If you think about it the cheats make perfect sense. the force because its SW so you put force + a statement or resouce like say carbon. I wonder why we've never thought of this before. Oh I just remember in the multi-player screen how you can set cheats on or off. So don't respond to that! Go to www.battlegroundsuk.com), and joing the forums. There growing every day!
 darthfergie
10-10-2001, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by Luke Skywalker
I hope those cheats do not work in multiplayer against other players because I hate cheaters. Except for when we agree to use mods. Then Im ok with it. If you think about it the cheats make perfect sense. the force because its SW so you put force + a statement or resouce like say carbon. I wonder why we've never thought of this before. Oh I just remember in the multi-player screen how you can set cheats on or off. So don't respond to that! Go to www.battlegroundsuk.com), and joing the forums. There growing every day!

You can turn Cheats on or off at the hosting screen...
 Luke Skywalker
10-10-2001, 6:33 PM
What did I say Fergie? No dont listen to me, just go ahead and post anyways. lol:p
 Dagobahn Eagle
10-10-2001, 6:44 PM
I'll try Forcewalker.. hey, it's worth a try!
 TheJackal_jk2
10-10-2001, 10:01 PM
Hey! Anybody noticed it resembles what most Mods and Admins here (including me) say when we move a topic!
FORCEMOVE TOPIC!

Just a though :D
 JediMasterEd
10-11-2001, 3:39 PM
Guess what?! I was just having fun playing trying to find a code to reveal the map and i ended up getting something else. Type forcesight and it will remove the fog of war!!!:D
 Hockey_Beast
10-11-2001, 3:47 PM
Checked right. Arent there non cheat and cheat games?
 Tie Guy
10-11-2001, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Hockey_Beast
Checked right. Arent there non cheat and cheat games?

Yes, you can play either way if you want.

BTW, anyone try the "forceboat" cheat? If so, is that Gaber's picture?
 JediMasterEd
10-11-2001, 6:16 PM
I've tried it several times and it worked perfictly. I believe it's Gaber's picture for the icon for the boat.
 Paladin
10-12-2001, 5:31 PM
cool thanx
 ImpStarII
10-12-2001, 5:38 PM
Real warriors don't need cheat codes.

From the Star Destroyer Sly

ImpStarII :vsd:
 Darth_Venage
10-12-2001, 8:35 PM
Yeah, but every now and then you just get this wicked urge to go bonanza with resources or secret units and just have a ruthless slaughter fest. Then the urge passes and you play normal for a while...
 darthfergie
10-12-2001, 8:56 PM
Originally posted by Tie Guy

Yes, you can play either way if you want.

BTW, anyone try the "forceboat" cheat? If so, is that Gaber's picture?

I'm not sure...I think it might be Rick McCullum...I'll check on that...
No It isn't him...I guess it might be the secret Gaber unit...I guess it is why Gaber told us to enter it into the game:D
 Eets
10-12-2001, 9:05 PM
Does it work now or not?
 darthfergie
10-12-2001, 9:38 PM
 Eets
10-12-2001, 9:43 PM
ROFL, yeah that's Gaber, Rick McCallum looks differenter than that.
 darthfergie
10-12-2001, 9:47 PM
thought you might like that...I saw that and I was laughing too...that is why I couldn't resist putting them up...:D
 OnlyOneCanoli
10-17-2001, 9:14 PM
Funny story about this.

I don't care if you believe me or not, but I was pretty much responsible for the cheat. At the TF.N Games forums, Jedi Bib and I came up with the concept of a "FORCE BOAT". Although our definition of it is different (and slightly perverted ;)), we decided to ask Gaber (who frequents the TF.N board like this one) if there would be a force boat in GBG.

He responded to Jedi Bib's question, "Yes, there are sea battles. Every civ has brand new naval units, including Anti-Air Destroyers.
The Gungans and others have subs. But we have no Force Boats."

With fake astonishment, we asked him (ok, more like harassed ;)) at the boards to include it in the final game. So, we hadn't spoken to him by the time the second chat rolled around. I decided to give it another shot.

OnlyOneCanoli: stop answering silly goose questions, and speak of the all-mighty FORCE BOAT

Garry Gaber: Type in "Forceboat" at the chat screen, and see what happens. You have to be over water though!

We couldn't believe it! So we went and tried it out. It gives you an invisible "force boat" with shields and pretty sweet fire power. With Gaber's mug shot too. :eek:

Pic of FORCE BOAT (http://www.geocities.com/onlyonecanoli42/FBOAT.jpg). Right click and save target as if it doesn't work out correctly.

Anyway, I doubt that any of you care, but I figured I'd just let you know that I'm famous, but nobody knows it. ;)
 cor_ran_sec
12-06-2001, 7:28 PM
did they remove the forceboat cheat with patch 1.1? i just tried it over water and didnt get it to work

----cor-----
:biggs:
 Tie Guy
12-06-2001, 7:41 PM
Originally posted by cor_ran_sec
did they remove the forceboat cheat with patch 1.1? i just tried it over water and didnt get it to work

No, they removed it before i believe. I tried it in the original game and it didn't work for some reason, so they must have removed it.
 darthfergie
12-06-2001, 9:19 PM
the removed it and replaced it with the lovable SIMON!!!

BTW, we had a huge topic on Gaber and Lucas units here way back too...(Compa Mighty made it I think)
 StarWarsFanMan
12-06-2001, 9:31 PM
I've tried forceboat and it doesn't work at all! :(
Page: 1 of 1