Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

'Fork' Short Lightsabres v1.0 by oldflash and Darth InSidious

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth InSidious
11-09-2007, 9:27 AM
At long last it's here!

"Fork" Short Lightsabres v1.0 by oldflash and Darth InSidious
================================================== ===========

Download this mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Fork_Short_Lightsabers;84232) (Filefront)

Download (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/384-fork-short-lightsabers/) from DeadlyStream
Download this mod (http://www.box.net/shared/gqmeazv036) (Box.net)

Screenshots:
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/jimspriggs33/Forks3.jpg)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/jimspriggs33/Forks2.jpg)
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a362/jimspriggs33/Forks1.jpg)

From the Readme:

Introduction
------------

It's been a long time in coming, but at last this mod has been completed, bugfixed and is now (hopefully) playable.
When oldflash originally made the fork model, perhaps a year ago now I agreed to make it unique and available in all colours.
I came very close to failing to do so, thanks to a few hitches along the way, but it is, at long last, complete.
And so, without further blithering on my part, here is the mod.

-Darth InSidious, 9/11/2007

Description
-----------

This mod adds a whole set of new short lightsabres - one for each lightsabre colour available in the game, and their crystals to the game. They can be found in the Enclave Sublevel on Dantooine, in the secure storage area.

Installation
------------

Just double-click on the "Install "Fork" Short Lightsabres" icon to begin the installation. Do not attempt manual installation - it will not work.
Don't worry about fiddling with the Source Scripts or Screenshots folders - they are not required for the mod to run.

Uninstallation
--------------

Remove the following files from your "Override" folder:

w_ShortSbr247.tga
w_ShortSbr248.tga
w_ShortSbr249.tga
w_ShortSbr250.tga
w_ShortSbr251.tga
w_ShortSbr252.tga
w_ShortSbr253.tga
w_ShortSbr254.tga
w_ShortSbr255.tga
iw_ShortSbr247.tga
iw_ShortSbr248.tga
iw_ShortSbr249.tga
iw_ShortSbr250.tga
iw_ShortSbr251.tga
iw_ShortSbr252.tga
iw_ShortSbr253.tga
iw_ShortSbr254.tga
iw_ShortSbr255.tga
iw_SbrCrstl247.tga
iw_SbrCrstl248.tga
iw_SbrCrstl249.tga
iw_SbrCrstl250.tga
iw_SbrCrstl251.tga
iw_SbrCrstl252.tga
iw_SbrCrstl253.tga
iw_SbrCrstl254.tga
iw_SbrCrstl255.tga
w_lsabrereed01.tga
somethingtome.tga
iw_Stunbaton_241.tga
w_ShortSbr247.mdl
w_ShortSbr247.mdx
w_ShortSbr248.mdl
w_ShortSbr248.mdx
w_ShortSbr249.mdl
w_ShortSbr249.mdx
w_ShortSbr250.mdl
w_ShortSbr250.mdx
w_ShortSbr251.mdl
w_ShortSbr251.mdx
w_ShortSbr252.mdl
w_ShortSbr252.mdx
w_ShortSbr253.mdl
w_ShortSbr253.mdx
w_ShortSbr254.mdl
w_ShortSbr254.mdx
w_ShortSbr255.mdl
w_ShortSbr255.mdx
of_shtcrstl_247.uti
of_shortsbr_247.uti
of_shtcrstl_248.uti
of_shortsbr_248.uti
of_shtcrstl_249.uti
of_shortsbr_249.uti
of_shtcrstl_250.uti
of_shortsbr_250.uti
of_shtcrstl_251.uti
of_shortsbr_251.uti
of_shtcrstl_252.uti
of_shortsbr_252.uti
of_shtcrstl_253.uti
of_shortsbr_253.uti
of_shtcrstl_254.uti
of_shortsbr_254.uti
of_shtcrstl_255.uti
of_shortsbr_255.uti
di_bottle1.uti
iw_sbrcrstl_252.txi
w_lsabrereed01.txi
di_box_1.utp
di_spn_fs.ncs

And any files I missed off my list, with the exception of 'upcrystals.2da' - do NOT remove this file if it is used in another, or several other mods in your Override folder, as those mods will no longer work either. If there is a mod conflict, remove the upcrystals.2da for this mod and and put in the upcrystals.2da for the other mod. Or vice versa. Likewise for 'door_conductor2.utd'.

Known Conflicts
---------------

As far as I know, this mod shouldn't conflict with many that are out there - the only one I can think of at the moment is MdKnightR's 'Heart of the Force' sabres. It should be fully compatible with the USM and most mods using upcrystals.2da, but don't hesitate to tell me if you find that there's a conflict with another mod. I may not be able to help, but I can put a warning in any future updates of the mod. :)

The mod may also conflict with any other mod that uses the "door_conductor2.utd" file.

Known Bugs
----------

None that I know of at present. Again, please let me know if you find any. :)

Contact
-------

Feel free to PM me at Lucasforums ( http://www.lucasforums.com) ), or to email me at ~snip~ . I also read the comments pages on my mods at filefront/moddb, so you can leave a comment there, too. :)

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
----------------

THIS MOD IS PROVIDED AS-IS.
ANY FAULTS CAUSED IN YOUR GAME AND/OR COMPUTER ARE AT YOUR OWN LIABILITY.
LET THE USER BEWARE.
THIS MOD MAY NOT BE UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED BY ANY MEANS WITHOUT THE EXPRESSED PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR, AND MAY NOT BE SOLD.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED LUCASARTS AND OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT.

CREDITS
-------

oldflash for the original model, texture and icon.
stoffe-mkb- for the excellent TSLPatcher, and the immensely lucid and easy-to-follow accompanying tutorial.
The kind folk of Holowan Labs/Lucasforums and KotORFiles for waiting so long for this mod. :)
 oldflash
11-09-2007, 9:53 AM
Impressive. You did a great job by adding those crystals. Thanks for release.
 Ghost Down
11-09-2007, 9:57 AM
Instant download for me! Uber-tastic, both of you! :)

- Ghost Down
 Master Shake
11-09-2007, 11:31 AM
the fork lightsabers mod was what introduced me to mods, now I can finally download it, sweet!
 Shem
11-09-2007, 11:38 AM
 Lucied
11-09-2007, 2:24 PM
sweet is this compatible with USM?
 tk102
11-09-2007, 2:38 PM
Holy cow, I had to blink a couple times to figure out what I was looking at. :D Very impressive Darth Insidious and oldflash! Does it parry on both side of the blades with spark animations? The "single" wielder stance is kind of odd but I guess you have to use two hands for proper balance. :p I suppose as a double fork wielder you could feel a bit like Wolverine. :D The hilts and icons look great, by the way. :thumbsup:

How do they flourish?
 herosinger
11-09-2007, 5:33 PM
Wow. When I first saw this, I didn't look very closely. Now, I'm very impressed.
 Arбtoeldar
11-10-2007, 8:21 AM
Impressive, very impressive Gentlemen.
 Q
11-10-2007, 8:58 AM
That is just sweet-looking!

What a unique idea. :thumbsup:

I'll definitely have to check this out.

The model numbers are high enough so I see no reason why it shouldn't be. ;)
 Darth InSidious
11-17-2007, 7:37 AM
(Apologies for the delay in responding - I don't really have much of an excuse. Sorry.)
Impressive. You did a great job by adding those crystals. Thanks for release.
Thank you for making the originals. :)
Instant download for me! Uber-tastic, both of you! :)

- Ghost Down
the fork lightsabers mod was what introduced me to mods, now I can finally download it, sweet!
Thanks for the kind words. :)
Here is the FileFront link.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Fork_Short_Lightsabers;84232)
And thank you for the quick upload!
This mod should be fully compatible with the USM, although I'll admit that I haven't tested it. If you have any problems, PM me.
Holy cow, I had to blink a couple times to figure out what I was looking at. :D Very impressive Darth Insidious and oldflash! Does it parry on both side of the blades with spark animations?
I think so...It should do, anyhow.
The "single" wielder stance is kind of odd
True, but maybe it's very heavy, or has a kind of fold-down second hand-hold? :p

but I guess you have to use two hands for proper balance. :p I suppose as a double fork wielder you could feel a bit like Wolverine. :D The hilts and icons look great, by the way. :thumbsup:

How do they flourish?
They look OK flourishing, I think.

Wow. When I first saw this, I didn't look very closely. Now, I'm very impressed.
Impressive, very impressive Gentlemen.

That is just sweet-looking!

What a unique idea. :thumbsup:

I'll definitely have to check this out.

Thank you. :)
 Meowster
11-17-2007, 3:34 PM
Wow! Great mod! It was definately a download of mine, and am loving it thus.

Just wondering, any chance to make it for K1?
 Dirtnose
11-18-2007, 6:04 AM
Brilliant, I love it :D - I can be a bad ass Wolverine Jedi XD
 Darth InSidious
11-18-2007, 8:37 AM
Wow! Great mod! It was definately a download of mine, and am loving it thus.

Just wondering, any chance to make it for K1?
I'll talk to oldflash about it. :)
 Halarion
11-24-2007, 7:59 AM
Hello
When i try to install your mod i get • Warning: A file named upcrystals.2da already exists in the Override folder. Skipping file... and • Warning: Unable to copy file "iw_Stunbaton_241", file does not exist!
What can i do?
If i emty override folde and install your mod i get • Warning: Unable to copy file "iw_Stunbaton_241", file does not exist!
And if i get it to work do i have to make a new game or will they be in the storage area?
Thx for your help i realy want the mod to work :)
 Sithspecter
02-23-2008, 4:26 PM
Is it alright if I make a different model for K1? I've thought about this before on my own, but when I saw this I initially just didn't do anything.
 Darth InSidious
02-24-2008, 8:06 AM
Could you be a little more explicit as to what you're asking?
 Sithspecter
02-24-2008, 1:37 PM
Just a lightsaber for K1 that has two blades pointing forwards. Not the same model as this one at all, I just don't want to steal anyone's ideas.
 Darth InSidious
02-24-2008, 3:14 PM
It was originally a request that oldflash answered. I don't think there'd be a problem - not from me, anyway - but its oldflash's model.
 Sithspecter
02-24-2008, 4:30 PM
I guess I'll contact him then...
 Darth InSidious
03-01-2014, 10:39 PM
This mod is now available for download (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/384-fork-short-lightsabers/) from DeadlyStream. Links have been updated accordingly at the top of the first post.
 cry_of_paine
05-30-2015, 6:03 PM
My hard drive crapped out on my a month ago, and of all the mods that I lost, this was the one I was most upset about. Glad I was able to find it again. :) I ended up tweaking it just a little. My Jedi version is called "Claws of the Wolverine", and my Sith is "Claws of the Sabertooth".

Apparently I'm not the only one who thought this would be a cool mashup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6lY1hskW6I)
Page: 1 of 1