Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Guitar Hero III

Page: 1 of 1
 Negative Sun
11-07-2007, 5:01 PM
Right it's out in the States but not here yet (of course, this country rules w00t[/sarcasm])

So who's got it and what's the verdict?
Does it pwn or does it PWN???
 Inyri
11-07-2007, 6:07 PM
Hammer ons seem a lot easier in GH3, which makes it an instant winner in my book. A lot of the songs are also very good. I did find it odd that so many of the bonus songs were foreign language songs, but I also understand why this was done. Something about Spanish Rock bothers me on a fundamental level though. :p
 Hando
11-07-2007, 6:16 PM
Once I got used to the Les Paul, I really like it. Too bad I'm stuck on Raining Blood on expert. I think My Name Is Jonas is the funnest song to play, I had no idea what it would be like in guitar hero, but it's amazingly fun. As for what Inyri said, yeah. Hammer ons are a lot easier. I can do trills with my little finger.
 Jeff
11-07-2007, 6:55 PM
I'm thinking about getting this. I have the Wii and have never had the other GH games but have played them before. The tracklist looks pretty good. Just don't know if I want to spend the money. :p
 Negative Sun
11-08-2007, 4:00 AM
I'm thinking about getting this. I have the Wii and have never had the other GH games but have played them before. The tracklist looks pretty good. Just don't know if I want to spend the money. :p
Trust me, it's worth it...You'll never spend money as well as that my friend!
 Inyri
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
If you wait for rock band to be released it might go down in price... but then again you might decide you want to get rock band too... :p
 Jeff
11-08-2007, 1:04 PM
I don't think Rock Band is for Wii so I doubt it would make a difference.

I'm probably gonna go buy this today if I have time.
 Inyri
11-08-2007, 3:39 PM
No but... PS2?! When did that happen? <3 Now I don't have to buy a 360. :p
 Negative Sun
11-08-2007, 4:57 PM
I don't think Rock Band is for Wii so I doubt it would make a difference.

I'm probably gonna go buy this today if I have time.
Do, or do not!

There is no "if I have time" :p
 The_Catto
11-08-2007, 7:20 PM
I wonder how they are going to do the song, "One" - Metallica.
What with the tap-solo in there it's going to be a trickster.

Either they give the option of taping the bars, or you have to move all 8 fingers (thats how many you'll need most likely.
But that's the only thing I'm wary of about this game ... Other than that ... I WANT IT!!!!
 Inyri
11-08-2007, 8:57 PM
One is hard. Let's just leave it at that. -_-

Actually you can get through it okay if you button mash. There are also only 5 frets, so I don't know why you'd need 8 fingers. :p
 The_Catto
11-08-2007, 10:22 PM
8 fingers for the "meedlymeedlymeedlymeedysquidley!" solo at the start of the lengthy solo. :D
One is awesome, but the solo is only the real hard part I have trouble with playing on real guitar ... Imagine that with the Guitar Controller! I reckon it's easier to play real than Guitar Hero style, haha.

It's good though ... Can't wait to get it this game.
 Hando
11-08-2007, 11:15 PM
I thought one was kind of easy, except for solo one.
I four starred it. :)
 The_Catto
11-10-2007, 12:56 AM
OK.

I just completed it on Medium. (I try Medium before I go to anything else)
And all i have to say is ... That Guitar Hero III has lived upto my expectations perfectly.
One was absolutely awesome. Tried it on expert ... Got to the second part of the solo then failed.

Wasn't happy! haha.

I love it and yeah ...
It was funny though ... Cause when I was battling Morello and it took me (shame to say) close to ten goes just to beat that *insert expletive*! But when I firsted vs Slash .. It was at the end of the song and I stuffed up his whammy bar. heh heeeeee!

I love this game.
 Jeff
11-10-2007, 1:06 AM
Well I bought it yesterday or something, but the whammy bar is really loose, so I'll probably return it tomorrow. If I'm not holding on to it when I'm playing, it just falls pointing straight down.
 The_Catto
11-10-2007, 3:17 AM
Definetly take it back down then.

It's stupid when you pay for something that costs as much as GH III and you can't get the full experience.
 Negative Sun
11-10-2007, 5:09 AM
Well I bought it yesterday or something, but the whammy bar is really loose, so I'll probably return it tomorrow. If I'm not holding on to it when I'm playing, it just falls pointing straight down.
Was it like that brand new? That sucks a wee bit lolz

It can get like that after endless hours of rockin' out though :p
 Jeff
11-11-2007, 12:20 PM
OK so I returned it and got a new one last night. I beat all of Easy and I am stuck on the guitar battle with Lou on Medium. I've beaten all the other songs on medium. But man Lou is so much harder than all the other songs, I've probably done it at least 6 times. note that I've never owned the other GH games so I'm pretty happy with my progress for my amount of experience.
 The_Catto
11-11-2007, 9:40 PM
Nice work.

I agree that Lou's is the hardest song and I got all jittery (in an all boyish-hetereo way, haha) when I found out I would be playing that song. (I love that song almost as much as 'One')
'The Devil Went Down To Georgia' though, I have to admit is kinda like Free-Bird For GH III.

Try doing THAT one on Expert and still have your soul!

I was mildly disappointed however when my favorite line of that song was drowned out ... (But I didn't know until after I finished because I was playing and "singing" it at the top of my lungs and my mate told me about it ... I had to play it again [without singing] to believe him)

"I told you once, you son of a b****, I'm the best that’s ever been!" :D:D:D:D
 Nancy Allen``
12-02-2007, 8:22 AM
Worth the money, for sure. It's a basic concept but all that means is that you don't need to be bogged down with the technicalities like you would another game.
 DeadYorick
02-08-2008, 6:26 PM
Guitar hero 3 is a pretty memorable game. Not as memorable as GH2 but it still is fun. Dragonforce is pretty hard. Ive done what I did in GH2 and beat all the songs on easy 5 stars and got a special guitar for it. Ive beaten all the songs on medium and am currently stuck on Hard and Expert. Ive bought all the characters though.

Anyway it had a pretty good amount of songs. The next GH3 game should have some Zeppelin in it.
 Da_man
02-26-2008, 12:01 AM
One is hard. Let's just leave it at that. -_-

Actually you can get through it okay if you button mash. There are also only 5 frets, so I don't know why you'd need 8 fingers. :p

Word.

I have actually tried to do that little solo part on my guitar, and it's easier than in guitar hero, you just need to know what you're doing. :D
 Mr Roboto
02-26-2008, 1:25 PM
The next GH3 game should have some Zeppelin in it.
The next GH3 is an Aerosmith version which will be released sometime in June. Maybe after that one. :D

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/2008/02/15/guitar-hero-aerosmith-confirmed-for-june/)
 DeadYorick
03-02-2008, 4:37 PM
Yeah I really can't wait for the Aerosmith version. I hope they add some Ozzy on it since I am dying to see more heavy metal on it
 Da_man
03-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Yeah I really can't wait for the Aerosmith version. I hope they add some Ozzy on it since I am dying to see more heavy metal on it

Why would they have Ozzy on the Aerosmith Guitar hero? :D
 Inyri
03-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Why would they have Ozzy on the Aerosmith Guitar hero? :DThat's my precise problem with the concept of a single-band version of the game. No variety! I'd like to see a single-genre version, though. 'Metal Hero', for instance, or 'Classic Rock Hero', or somesuch. I think that's much more realistic, and would be more fun. Because as is they're really limiting their audience to only people who like Aerosmith.
 DeadYorick
03-02-2008, 10:57 PM
Why would they have Ozzy on the Aerosmith Guitar hero? :D

They are obviously not going to have the entire soundtrack done by Aerosmith. Since no one would buy the game if it only included songs from one band. They are just going to have the main focus be on Aerosmith. Just like Guitar Hero 3 did with Slash.
 Da_man
03-02-2008, 11:31 PM
They are obviously not going to have the entire soundtrack done by Aerosmith. Since no one would buy the game if it only included songs from one band. They are just going to have the main focus be on Aerosmith.
I knew that. I was just giving you crap.
 DeadYorick
03-04-2008, 3:24 PM
What is the hardest song people can do on Expert? I can do Before I forget on Expert. Though I barely make it
 Titanius Anglesmith
03-04-2008, 3:46 PM
What is the hardest song people can do on Expert? I can do Before I forget on Expert. Though I barely make it
Probably Cult of Personality. Just about everything in it is easy, but the solo usually kills me unless I have full star power ready.
 Mr Roboto
03-04-2008, 4:21 PM
I've made it to the last tier on expert. I beat the Iron Maiden song but I can't beat the others. There are also a few I can't do in the bonus set list. Not sure where Impulse sits on the difficulty level, but that's my favorite one to play.
 Jeff
03-04-2008, 4:25 PM
I can't do any on expert. :/ Haven't played it in weeks now but the furthest I got was that I couldn't beat Before I Forget or 3's and 7's on Hard.
 Da_man
03-04-2008, 5:35 PM
I got to Raining Blood on Hard, but I got stuck on Holiday in Cambodia on Expert.
 DeadYorick
03-07-2008, 11:07 AM
What about boss battles? I admit that Tom Morello was pretty hard but it took me a few tries to beat him
 Mr Roboto
03-07-2008, 8:31 PM
The boss battles were really hard for me. I ended up beating them all but Lou on expert. I haven't even unlocked that one yet. :(
 Inyri
03-07-2008, 8:32 PM
What about boss battles? I admit that Tom Morello was pretty hard but it took me a few tries to beat him:lol: You're kidding, right? I thought Slash was pretty hard. He was the only one that could legitimately beat me (not counting the 'aww, I ran out of time and you cheated' type of losing).
 DeadYorick
03-07-2008, 8:35 PM
Bare in mind that this was when I was my first time playing Expert difficulty. By the time I got to slash the hours of experience finally got to me
 Titanius Anglesmith
03-07-2008, 9:30 PM
I actually found all the boss battles to be easy, except for Lou on Hard (which took me a few tries). Now the only one I haven't unlocked is Lou's Expert battle, and only Raining Blood and One are in the way...
 crigers
04-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Im stuck on the second to last tier on hard. Ive beaten stricken, but thats as far as I can go. But this is the first GH game Ive owned, so Im happy with my progress. But Im annoyed with my lack of it as well
 Da_man
04-03-2008, 11:25 PM
I was actually kind of dissapionted with GH3. I expected better graphics from the PS2 game that i got. I played it on my uincle's PS3 and it is a whole lot better graphically. MOst of the animations besides the guitarists are very wooden and unconvincing on the PS3.
 Rogue15
04-04-2008, 1:45 AM
i was playing Guitar Hero III this morning. it's pretty fun way to pass the time though the music gets stuck in my head. =\
Page: 1 of 1