Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Creating a new stunbaton: FX problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Gavroche
11-02-2007, 6:39 AM
Yep modders, I've a question which I think will be quickly answered as it's something quite simple.

I'm trying to make a new stun baton (w_melee_60.uti), with it's own skin (w_Stunbaton_060.tga). Of course, I have to create a .mdl, to edit it with Hex Editor to change any "w_Stunbaton_001" into "w_Stunbaton_060", so I did this.
Still here? Cool.
While doing this, I noticed in the Hex code something called "fx_tex_11". I checked with KotOR Tool: this is the texture of the blue lightnings glowing on stun batons. I n00bily thought "Hey, let's do something cool and turn in into red". So I extract fx_tex_11.tga and the .txi which comes along, I Gimp it a bit, call it fx_tex_60.tga, go back to the Hex code of the .mdl and change all the tex_11 by tex_60.
SO
When I test it in-game, the stun baton as its own skin, the lightnings are red but... They aren't moving. They are static. All the other stun batons have blue and moving lightnings, mine has static red ones.

Where is the problem? Is it in the .mdl I edited? In the .txi I extracted?
 stoffe
11-02-2007, 7:39 AM
the lightnings are red but... They aren't moving. They are static. All the other stun batons have blue and moving lightnings, mine has static red ones.

Where is the problem? Is it in the .mdl I edited? In the .txi I extracted?

What does the txi file for your modified texture look like? It should be:

proceduretype cycle
numx 4
numy 4
fps 32
blending additive

If it's not then that would likely be the problem :)
 Gavroche
11-02-2007, 8:27 AM
... Okaaay indeed that's not exactly that :p
What my .txi contains is
Not really the same thing '^^

I can't understand why I don't have the right thing. When I double-click on the .tpc file in the KotOR Tool, I do have this (http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6207/bugkotortoolmk6.png).
I guess I have to use other tools when it comes to extracting .txi files... Can't find one on SWK though.

Thanks a lot stoffe!

<edit />Indeed, works a lot better this way.
Page: 1 of 1