Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

SWB3 Ideas

Page: 1 of 2
 Darth_Brunny
10-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Battlefont 3 should be really good
:lock: :comp9: :wazup:
But I hope it wont be a disapointing as SWB2, I think they should really let you pilot the capital ships and give them alot more firepower also there should be 100s of troops on the maps at once instead of just few other ideas welcome
 LordOfTheFish
11-01-2007, 10:16 AM
I think it would be nice to have some way to move backwards faster
 Marcho
11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
good ideas! i got one too...player customizing,customizin helmet,armor and more...
and more promotion names,player stats(like str dex vit and leveling up) inventory will be nice :D
 Darth_Brunny
11-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Yeah that would be really good like becoming a general would actually mean somehting :twogun: :smash:
 chocy
11-01-2007, 2:06 PM
good ideas! i got one too...player customizing,customizin helmet,armor and more...
and more promotion names,player stats(like str dex vit and leveling up) inventory will be nice :D
you can in starwars battlefront renegade assoult or somthing :vsd:
 Marcho
11-01-2007, 2:23 PM
i forget something...yes! commanding Friendly troops! and of course more realistic gore,new will be destroyable areas,but not all destroyable becuse the cd what plays the game will not have enough memory.
 chocy
11-01-2007, 2:37 PM
commanding other allie troops? i dont know why would we want to?
 PoiuyWired
11-01-2007, 3:15 PM
Well it all depends on what these Allied troops are... I would love to control some E@W ewok suicide bombers.
 Lordzz
11-01-2007, 9:59 PM
different settings for maps too. Like sand storm mos eisley, night time felucia, thunderstorm naboo. Of course, still having the option of normal map playing as well.
 chocy
11-02-2007, 7:27 AM
nice idea lordzz that would be cool!
i want to have different maps and when your in space you could fly down to the planet and attack troops on there
 Marcho
11-02-2007, 3:58 PM
i mean Friendly Soldier.sorry about that "Allie" :D
 chocy
11-02-2007, 4:30 PM
well why would we want to control other soldiers we could just change into them at CPs
 TSR
11-02-2007, 5:28 PM
Yet another BFIII ideas thread...

What happened to the supah thread?
 TKT101
11-02-2007, 6:24 PM
We the supah thread back
 Titanius Anglesmith
11-02-2007, 8:22 PM
What happened to the supah thread?
All the noobs ignored it and constantly made BF III threads in the BF II forum, so this forum pretty much replaced it.
 jawathehutt
11-02-2007, 9:03 PM
At least it wasn't closed because it got too truthful for some of the more illiterate members of the board.
 Darth_Brunny
11-03-2007, 6:37 AM
They should remove the glitchs like when you get stuck in walls
 chocy
11-03-2007, 6:48 AM
yeah coz once i was a jedi and i force jumped then i was trapped in side a wall with droids shooting me!!
 Darth_Brunny
11-03-2007, 6:55 AM
Both sides should have completley different weapons

They just look different

BUT THE SAME WEAPONS!

except for special classes clone commander, Droideka,Magnaguard,dark trooper, bothan and Wookies :vsd: :holosid:
 TripHammer
11-03-2007, 7:17 AM
It would be nice to have no wall glitching, unfortunately, I don't think it'll ever happen. You can't get beyond the mechanics of the game. Any wall can be hacked if you're intent on going in. What's needed is a more solid way of building maps. Maybe the idea of NOT putting a floor for the hacker to stand on while on the other side of the wall. Deathzones on the other sides of walls would do it too.. like they do with those lava vents when you stand on them on Mustafar. Something to deter them from going in.
 chocy
11-03-2007, 4:47 PM
but it also happens when your a jedi jumping about and stuff then you get stuck in the wall and droids/clones/jedi/sith shoot you :(
 Darth_Brunny
11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
You should actually be able to drive capital ships and there shuld be more than just 2! capital ships on the map at once

:vsd:
 Darth_Brunny
11-06-2007, 1:51 PM
Also they should make something better than rise of the empire, something where you can make your own weapons build space stations and make choices that affect the whole thing, also designing your own troops or factions would be good.

And they should make it so you can be more than just CIS, Clones, Empire and Rebels
 jawathehutt
11-06-2007, 5:17 PM
Lucky for you, they have something like that. Its called Empire at War. You build space stations, and theres a nice map editor taht you can use to change stuff wtih
 Titanius Anglesmith
11-06-2007, 8:53 PM
Please... Battlefront is a 1st/3rd Person Shooter, not a RTS/fleet commander game. It needs to be kept the way BF I was - no Jedi, no customization, and no capital ship driving. Battlefront is all about the grunt experience, and the last time I checked, grunts don't get to personally customize their looks and weapons, and they don't get to command fleets.

There has to be some hint of what they call "class balance" in there somewhere. If you get to play as some super soldier, then there's no challenge, hence, there's no fun.
 jawathehutt
11-06-2007, 9:03 PM
And for gods sake, they need to nerf the engeneer. At least take away his immunity to mines and make the shotgun only effective at short ranges, deal very very little damage at mid range, and none at long range.
 TripHammer
11-07-2007, 10:52 AM
And for gods sake, they need to nerf the engeneer. At least take away his immunity to mines and make the shotgun only effective at short ranges, deal very very little damage at mid range, and none at long range.

I wouldn't take away his immunity to mines. You need an engineer type player on the battlefield. Do that, and essentially there wouldn't be a balance to the mine crappers out there. But I like the shotgun idea alot. Players shouldn't be able to practically snipe with the thing.. it's a close quarters weapon IMHO. Even the awarded up flechette should be a short range weapon with a BIT of an extended range. I don't even think the shotgun should be able to get awarded up. With that said.. I usually play awards off anyway.
 Darth_Brunny
11-08-2007, 10:59 AM
Please... Battlefront is a 1st/3rd Person Shooter, not a RTS/fleet commander game. It needs to be kept the way BF I was

Yeah I actually agree that was a stupid suggestion but i still think you should customize the looks of the faction you are. :nod: :nod:
 Darth_Brunny
11-08-2007, 11:01 AM
they should make it so you can be more than just CIS, Clones, Empire and Rebels

Going back to that idea doesnt anyone agree that there should be a bit more choice
 TripHammer
11-08-2007, 5:00 PM
Going back to that idea doesnt anyone agree that there should be a bit more choice

More choices wouldn't make sense to me... what other choices? Other choices would involve something beyond the movies that's for sure. The game is pretty much built around the OT and PT. Do you start getting into EU? or just the graphic novels? or just the books?

If you were playing a World War 2 game, you couldn't have more choices than the amount of participants in the war.
 jawathehutt
11-08-2007, 9:02 PM
The only choices should be what legion skin you want(for clones and emp) what race for rebs, and nothing for CIS. I suppose they could nerf engineers and upgrade soldiers by letting soldiers choose between say a carbine, more powerful rifle or a shotgun, and then give engineers the choice of being more of an engineer or a medic. They could have a pistol or some weak weapon, but they could keep their mine safety, to make them not suck. Those are really the only 2 classes that would benefit from customization IMO, the rest are pretty set although I guess you could make the heavy trooper either have a MG or a RL, and nerf the RL against infantry.
 joesdomain
11-12-2007, 6:19 PM
I want see less glitches myself. Can't stand seeing a wall move when I walk past it. I had a PS2 copy of both Battlefront I and II. Both games also spawned computer allies and enemies in a wall. You would be walking by a wall and have troopers shoot at you through the wall. I got killed several times before I figured out what happened. Battlefront III needs to fix that problem.
 jawathehutt
11-12-2007, 7:06 PM
fortunetly FR uses an engine different from the zeroengine, which should mean less clippage and glitchage
 Darth_Brunny
11-15-2007, 3:39 PM
Can't stand seeing a wall move when I walk past it Both games also spawned computer allies and enemies in a wall. You would be walking by a wall and have troopers shoot at you through the wall. I got killed several times before I figured out what happened. Battlefront III needs to fix that problem.

That really gets on my nerves when that happens and yeah i agree battlefront 3 should fix that
 natrat29
12-06-2007, 1:56 AM
well bak to the ideas. customization for your character that sounds pretty cool and maybe change colours for cis droids. commanding the capital ship sounds like a dumb idea( i mean just play empire at war for that type of stuff). i hopt the new engine stops glitches. different map setting would be good e.g weather changes which effects troopers. more bots, players on the map would be really cool i'd say around 150troopers(or more) would be nice but then the maps would have to be bigger and more destructible stuff.(But that is gonna make the game very big).
 DeathKnight23
12-06-2007, 4:43 AM
i wouldn't say commanding capital ships is dumb, just a little extreme, i would like to see more than 1 capital ship for each side in space battles, that would make it more entertaining.

I'm really not sure about this customization idea, changing the colors of ur character could work i suppose.
 darkjedimonkey
12-16-2007, 4:57 PM
all i really want is maps with destructible enviroments and more troops in battles.
i agree with natrat29 about maps with different weather like Kamino etc.
 DeathKnight23
12-17-2007, 4:23 AM
Destructable environments is needed but only to a certain extent, otherwise the whole environment will be destroyed in under 30 seconds with all the grenades that fly around :D
 Nancy Allen``
12-17-2007, 6:53 AM
How about the opportunity for tactical combat? Allow you to set up a sniper for cover, order a grenade to be thrown to prepare an area and then storm in with your squad at the right time. Especially with heroes that would rule. Though ordering Vader about might be complicated.
 DeathKnight23
12-17-2007, 7:15 AM
How about the opportunity for tactical combat? Allow you to set up a sniper for cover, order a grenade to be thrown to prepare an area and then storm in with your squad at the right time. Especially with heroes that would rule. Though ordering Vader about might be complicated.

that would get very complicated and hard to do in the heat of battle. I like it better that the troops do what they want, can be a little annoying when they don't do what u want them to but thats the AI for u. You start bringing tactical combat into this and u take away the AI's freedom to do as it wants.
 darkjedimonkey
12-18-2007, 4:26 PM
that would get very complicated and hard to do in the heat of battle. I like it better that the troops do what they want, can be a little annoying when they don't do what u want them to but thats the AI for u. You start bringing tactical combat into this and u take away the AI's freedom to do as it wants.

i agree. i mean maybe more complexity to "cover me"
maybe they could actually cover you instead of just following u
 DeathKnight23
12-19-2007, 5:16 AM
yeah, but when they followed u they did attack enemies when they ran across them, was there a cover me in BF1? i thought it was follow me, move out, wait here/stand ground and something else.
 darkjedimonkey
12-19-2007, 8:38 PM
your character said "cover me" every once in a while if u pressed follow me.
i just think more smarter AI would be better. (obviously)
 DeathKnight23
12-20-2007, 3:54 AM
smarter controls would be nice too :xp: i remember havin to press the right analog stick a million times b4 the AI would actually follow me :xp:
 darkjedimonkey
12-20-2007, 3:05 PM
yeah.....
maps i want

bespin
hoth
rhen var
genoisis (bf1)
any place the clones where
any place the rebels fought
more maps on coruscant and place from comic books
 MedicineBaby
12-24-2007, 8:03 AM
What 'Marcho' suggested earlier on in the thread, with weapon and armor customisation. To try and make a more unique 'killing machine' on the battlefield. Have the statistics and awards from each match you play contribute to something, such as better armor, skills and accuracy.

Possibly even to try and make the game more strategic based, rather than everyone running head on to each other. Have an element of destructable terrain that can contribute to better strategic positioning.

Allow the players to have a larger and more furious combat zone, with the controller of such large ships as the star destroyer. Of course when you crash a ship into another they will both explode not just the one that did the attack. To prevent people from constantly doing this to try to win a match, have more points deducted from your side than just the amount of players killed. For example crashing a star destroyer = -20 points.
 darkjedimonkey
12-26-2007, 4:45 PM
thats a good idea
 sviskejuice
01-02-2008, 5:55 AM
Yeah, but SWBF isn't a RPG.
 JawaEater
01-03-2008, 12:30 PM
it would be great if the game wasnt only based on the movie planets! and if they had EU planets and ones not included in the movies or story and it wouldnt just be for hardcore Star Wars fans!

Read the rules. This is your only warning.
~Phreak
 darkjedimonkey
01-03-2008, 6:19 PM
like ur ideas
especially not just movie plantets
and also...
you dont have to post again and again.
u can add to one post. u just click edit on the bottom right of the post.
i can see u havent posted a lot yet.
Page: 1 of 2