Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

quick question

Page: 1 of 1
 cap_keyes117
10-29-2007, 11:01 PM
I have a small question, probably considered quite stupid by most. Is it possible to combine .jrl files? It's annoying that so many KOTOR 1 mods use global.jrl and I was wondering if that could be circumvented,
 Qui-Gon Glenn
10-30-2007, 2:30 AM
I have a small question, probably considered quite stupid by most. Is it possible to combine .jrl files? It's annoying that so many KOTOR 1 mods use global.jrl and I was wondering if that could be circumvented,

Stoffe's Global JRL Merger does exactly this. You will also need KotOR Tool to make it all happen.

You can find both in the Tools section!

It's helpful for integrating RedHawke's mods, and Darkkender's mod, with the other more recent patcher friendly mods.

Recommendation - On a fresh install of KotOR, install RedHawke's mods first, and don't worry about replacing his global.jrl's - they're all the same, as he made his K1 jrl compatible with all of his mods. Then install any other non-patcher friendly mod next that contains a global jrl, excluding that global jrl file. Set it aside in a new folder perhaps, called "xxx JRL" where xxx stands for the name of that particular mod. Repeat this process as many times as necessary. Then follow the steps for the global jrl merger tool, which will tell you where to find an unaltered global.jrl to extract. Merge as many times as you have "xxx JRL" folders, and then proceed to install the patcher friendly mods.... and you will be optimized, ready to rock.
 cap_keyes117
10-30-2007, 6:38 PM
Thanks, the only problem is that I can't extract the global .jrl from _newbif.bif
PLZ HELP!
 Darth Essence
10-31-2007, 1:10 PM
Are You using KotOR Tool ? .. If not, I suggest you do .. it's very simple .. Open KT -> BIFs -> _newbif.bif -> Journal Files -> global.jrl ... select it and press the Extract button
Otherwise I'm am sorry for my incompetence to help you in this matter ..
 cap_keyes117
10-31-2007, 3:22 PM
not at all, thanks for the quick response!!! :)
Page: 1 of 1