Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Areas

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Essence
10-25-2007, 3:09 PM
So ... I kinda got a little question ... where can I find the names of areas they are defined with ... ? ...
For example .. The Script Function "SetAreaFogColor( object oArea, float fRed, float fGreen, float fBlue );" where do I get the object oArea .. ? ...

Thanks a LOT ...
 tk102
10-25-2007, 4:00 PM
To get the area object where you are standing:object oArea = GetArea( GetFirstPC() ); :)
 Darth Essence
10-26-2007, 4:28 AM
OK .. but if I want to get the area I am not in ?
 Pavlos
10-26-2007, 7:15 AM
OK .. but if I want to get the area I am not in ?

You can't because in KotOR there is only one area per module.

The function is left over from NWN where each module contained multiple areas and all the areas were loaded up. You can only "do things" in the currently loaded module and seeing as how there'll only be one loaded area in KotOR... you can only "do things" in the current area.

I hope that isn't too confusing for you - I don't seem to be too good at explaining these concepts.
 Darth Essence
10-26-2007, 4:03 PM
hmm .. Okey ... in that case ... to the root of this question .. erm .. I suppose it was Talchia who created a Jukebox in the KOTOR Arena Mod ... which function could possibly be used there if 'PlayBackgroundMusic' or smthn needs an object oArea ... ? :S
Page: 1 of 1