Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How can I mod Lightsabers in TSL?

Page: 1 of 1
 dcinroc
10-24-2007, 11:18 AM
I have read the tutorial, but that only covers KOTOR, not TSL, and they have different files.

Does anyone know where I can find a tutorial that covers TSL?

I have looked and searched and am getting really frustrated.
 T7nowhere
10-24-2007, 11:46 AM
The reason that you are not able to find a tutorial for TSL is because it would be exactly the same as the one for KotOR.

The only real difference between the games are the .uti files.
 dcinroc
10-24-2007, 11:51 AM
The reason that you are not able to find a tutorial for TSL is because it would be exactly the same as the one for KotOR.

The only real difference between the games are the .uti files.

I am sure that is true with regard to how use the modding tools, but the problem I am having is with finding the files to extract.

The file paths given in the tutorial are for KOTOR, those paths are different in TSL. I have yet to find ANY .tga files in TSL.

Edit: Aha! I have found what I was looking for (I hope) :-)
 dcinroc
10-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Now I have a new problem. The tutorial tells me to change the .txt file to a .txi. How do I do this?
 LiquidZoo
10-25-2007, 2:20 AM
Now I have a new problem. The tutorial tells me to change the .txt file to a .txi. How do I do this?

In windows, open a Windows Explorer (NOT IE, the file browser) and go to Tools > Folder options then the View tab (I think, I'm running Linux ATM so this is from memory) and uncheck the option to hide extensions for known file types. Click apply and then you can change the .txt to .txi (ignore the warning that it will throw up on that file.)
 dcinroc
10-25-2007, 1:42 PM
Thanks! I needed that. :)
Page: 1 of 1