Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lightsaber crystal changing problems.

Page: 1 of 1
 Breger
10-21-2007, 6:37 AM
Yes, as the title says, I have a problem with lightsabers and their colour crystals.
I am currently testing different things within the game, changing lightsabers and the like. Now I've downloaded a mod for K1, which can change all lightsaber models into one and the same, just with different colours. That is, it is the same hilt, just different colours.
I've seen the screenshots, they look terrific. It's just that I've already installed one such mod, the Movie Style Replacement Hilts mod.
I want to use both mods at the same time, in a way.
I wish to keep the MSRH mod hilts, yet make new lightsaber entries for the new hilts from the other mod. I know how to do that, but I also want to be able to change the colour of the new hilts, but not in such a way that they change to the MSRH hilts, but instead just change the colour and keep the hilt.
Is that possible?
Sorry if you don't understand my ranting.
 stoffe
10-21-2007, 9:27 AM
Yes, as the title says, I have a problem with lightsabers and their colour crystals.
I am currently testing different things within the game, changing lightsabers and the like. Now I've downloaded a mod for K1, which can change all lightsaber models into one and the same, just with different colours. That is, it is the same hilt, just different colours.

Each color crystal in the game is linked to three saber item templates (for normal, short and double sabers). Whenever you change color crystal the game replaces the saber with a new one made from the UTI template associated with that color crystal. This is defined in the upcrystals.2da file.

So, in order for the hilt to stay the same and only the blade color change you'll need to make one unique color crystal of each color type for that particular hilt, and then make a separate UTI template, with associated separate 3d model files for each color of that hilt, since the blade is part of the same model as the hilt.
 Breger
10-29-2007, 5:21 AM
Thank you for your help.
I've tried it and it worked.
Page: 1 of 1