Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Candidate Quiz

Page: 1 of 1
 MdKnightR
10-11-2007, 1:05 AM
USA Today posted this interesting little quiz to help you decide who to vote for in the 2008 presidential race.

Take the Candidate Quiz (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/candidate-match-game.htm?stfA=52,56,58,62,69,75,79,87,92,120,97)

My top three are...

1. Ron Paul (not very surprising considering I've heard he's really a Libertarian in Republican clothing)
2. Chris Dodd (who the hell is he?)
3. Mike Huckabee (see #2).
 mimartin
10-11-2007, 9:22 AM
I’m shocked

1. Hillary Clinton (D) (not my usual first choice)
2. Bill Richardson (D) (not even on my list)
3. Tom Tancredo (R) (Who?)
 Rogue Nine
10-11-2007, 10:28 AM
1. Hillary Clinton (D)
2. Barack Obama (D)
3. Chris Dodd (D)

How odd.
 John Galt
10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
1. Ron Paul (R) far and away.
2. Fred Thompson (R) distant second
3. Bill Richardson (D) Who the hell is Bill Richardson?
 Achilles
10-11-2007, 12:30 PM
1. Hillary Clinton (D)
2. Barack Obama (D)
3. Chris Dodd (D)

How odd.Scratch the first name and I'd say that you have a helluva ticket there ;)

3. Bill Richardson (D) Who the hell is Bill Richardson?Governor of New Mexico. He's easy to spot; he's the guy that looks like he's waving in small planes when he talks. That guy either needs more Toastmasters or less Toastmasters. I can't tell which.
 SilentScope001
10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Without the Sliders:
1. Hiliary Clinton (Who's Clinton?)
2. Barack Obama (Erm...I don't actually like Obama.)
3. Joseph Biden (Ah, he's a smart guy. Not going to win the election)

However, that only assume that I actually care about gay marriage the same way I care about Tax Reform and the Iraq War...When using the Sliders to accurately represent my views:
1. Sam Brownback (*reads up wikipedia*)
2. John McCain (Thought he would be #1, oh well.)
3. Joseph Biden (Still running at #3, Biden. Good job.)

Either way, this poll is severly out of whack with what I think I really am voting for. For example, what if you like the status quo and want no reform for taxes? But, eh.

3. Tom Tancredo (R) (Who?)

Radial Right-winger. Strongly anti-immgration. Was recently flamed in the media after suggesting that if America gets attacked by a nuclear terror attack, that America should nuke Medina and Mecca in return.
 RobQel-Droma
10-11-2007, 12:41 PM
1. Fred Thompson
2. John McCain
3. Mitt Romney

Hmm....

Well, that was interesting. Unfortunately I'm not sure how good it is, as on the Global Warming section, there was no "Global Warming doesn't exist" answer, so that part may have slightly moved my vote. (I voted for the government not to get involved, since it was the closest thing)

Radial Right-winger. Strongly anti-immgration. Was recently flamed in the media after suggesting that if America gets attacked by a nuclear terror attack, that America should nuke Medina and Mecca in return.

Lol, yes! Now that guy would have my vote. :D Sounds like he actually has something below his belt.
 MdKnightR
10-11-2007, 1:32 PM
Scratch the first name and I'd say that you have a helluva ticket there ;)

Got that right! :evil6:
 PoiuyWired
10-11-2007, 1:53 PM
1. Dennis Kucinich
2. Mike Gravel
3. Mitt Romney

Weird first choice I must say. o.0
 SilentScope001
10-11-2007, 4:26 PM
Lol, yes! Now that guy would have my vote. :D Sounds like he actually has something below his belt.

Knowing what I believe, I'd likely be strongly against the guy. :)

But it is rather unlikely that he will actually win. I think his support is only at a partly 1% (Fox News' latest poll has him at 2%), and RealClearPolitics don't even care for the guy. He's considered a "third tier" candinate. So, don't expect him to be a real contender for the Republican nomination, even though you may like him. (Still, I suppose that if it makes some people happy that he runs, so be it.)
 Totenkopf
10-11-2007, 5:15 PM
Kucinch, huh? I might have to stone you, dude. :D

I got in descending order: Thompson, Romney and Paul. Don't see the the attraction to Obama. He's a nobody with limited leadership experience. You need a lot more than race or gender to make you a legitimate candidate, even if it does make for a certain curiosity factor.
 mimartin
10-11-2007, 7:34 PM
Thanks for the information. Now I have to figure out if I’m a left-wing nut job (Hillary Clinton) or a right wing nut job (Tom Tancredo). I’m so confused. :nut:
 Achilles
10-11-2007, 8:01 PM
Thanks for the information. Now I have to figure out if I’m a left-wing nut job (Hillary Clinton) or a right wing nut job (Tom Tancredo). I’m so confused. :nut: Moderate extremist (or would that be extreme modera...tism)? :lol:
 John Galt
10-11-2007, 8:15 PM
Moderate extremist (or would that be extreme modera...tism)? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radical_middle)
 SilentScope001
10-11-2007, 8:49 PM
Thanks for the information. Now I have to figure out if I’m a left-wing nut job (Hillary Clinton) or a right wing nut job (Tom Tancredo). I’m so confused. :nut:

I always considered Clinton to be a neo-liberal (actually, Authoritarian, but the surveys call it neo-liberal, even when it really isn't called neo-liberalism...but I don't know, the idea of Authoritarianism seems rub people the wrong way), due to her supporting her husband (Bill Clinton) who is known for creating the "Third Way" for liberalism (and inspired Tony Blair). She wants control over both the economy, as well as control over social affairs (such as video game control). I think of her as being, well, a combination of a moderate right and a moderate left, combining the best of the both worlds...but make that clear, she's NOT Centrist.

Despite me being a neo-liberal/Authoritarian myself (because of the online surveys), I don't like Clinton that much. Then again, I don't hate her, maybe due to the same "neo-liberal" principles.
 RobQel-Droma
10-11-2007, 9:57 PM
Knowing what I believe, I'd likely be strongly against the guy.

But it is rather unlikely that he will actually win. I think his support is only at a partly 1% (Fox News' latest poll has him at 2%), and RealClearPolitics don't even care for the guy. He's considered a "third tier" candinate. So, don't expect him to be a real contender for the Republican nomination, even though you may like him. (Still, I suppose that if it makes some people happy that he runs, so be it.)

Oh, I know - I've never even heard of the guy before. ;)
 mur'phon
10-12-2007, 3:24 AM
1: Joseph Biden (good but unlikely)
2: John McCain (what???)
3: Hillary Clinton (not my favorite, but the best of those likely to win)
Page: 1 of 1