Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Textures in K2

Page: 1 of 1
 Illuminatus
10-05-2007, 6:57 PM
Hey, I was doing a reskin of the Dark Jedi Master robes (to make them slightly blue tinted and darker), but for some reason, even when I numbered my custom texture at 50, the robes showed up as normal game robes, like Jedi Master robes or Matukai apprentice robes, depending on the number. Are there 'hidden' textures in K2? The Kotor tool only showed a few of them, then. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me a hand with this.

I also have a completely unrelated question, that I'd appreciate if someone would answer. I've had a lot of fun turning the Verpine Headband skin blue, but I want to keep the other headbands red and only have my custom one be blue. What way would you change the texture name and the UTI reference to make this happen?
Thanks in advance,
Illuminatus
 T7nowhere
10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Robes question: check to make sure you set the texture var to 50 in the uti file and that the base item is set to the correct type.

Mask Question: you will need to rename your reskined texture then extract the model and hex edit the texture reference in the model to be the same as your new texture. then rename the mask number and create a new uti to point to your new mask.
 Darkkender
10-08-2007, 8:48 AM
Also a note to add to what T7 has mentioned check your ingame display settings. Depending on your settings if your tinting of the robes was barely noticable in your paint program and if your gamma and brightness aren't high enough in game you may not notice your blue tint unless in a brightly lit area with just the right angle.

Also double check that you have no other robe texture files in override by the same name. Including subfolders.
Page: 1 of 1