Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

JEDI DISCUSSION

Page: 1 of 2
 deathclone
10-04-2007, 6:29 AM
In this poll you vote more jedi less jedi or no jedi thats all there is to it and if you wanna say why you vote for whatever go ahead and this includes jedi maps! i mean mos eisly was just way to hard to find people in geonosis and every body jedi TOTALY PWNZ and lots of deaths and stuff and who agrees that jango should get 2 pistoles cuz he suks with only one and hes suposed to be the hero well villan
 jawathehutt
10-04-2007, 7:41 PM
I gave up trying to read this and just voted no jedi since this isnt a jedi game.
 Titanius Anglesmith
10-04-2007, 8:47 PM
Battlefront doesn't need Jedi. If I want to play as a Jedi, I'll play Jedi Academy.
 TripHammer
10-05-2007, 10:00 AM
Battlefront doesn't need Jedi. If I want to play as a Jedi, I'll play Jedi Academy.

True that.

Problem is.. With no plans of another JA... that community will bleed into Battlefront for the next step in their Jedi playing.

The core of the game is conquest.. and my particular fave. But Space and Jedi elimination are welcome additions IMHO.

I'd like to see a conquest map with just Hero/Villains as the units to spawn as instead of infantry units... rather than limiting the game to only playing hero/villains in an elimination/deathmatch format.
 SilentScope001
10-05-2007, 11:33 PM

Concur.

Problem is.. With no plans of another JA... that community will bleed into Battlefront for the next step in their Jedi playing.

Force Unleashed is to me a spiritual successor to JA. At the very least, the force powers are enough to keep the Jedi fans away.

I'd rather wait for official word of BFIII though.
 deathclone
10-08-2007, 4:41 AM
hmmmmmm how bout they put in an OPTIONAL THINGY MABOB that choses hero on or not sooooooooo then star wars battlefront2 and mayby 3 fans can hav jedi IF they want to which was put in to SWBF2 so both types of fans are happy :D
 joesdomain
10-08-2007, 12:39 PM
I like being a Jedi, Sith, Bounty Hunter Hero in Battlefront 2. I just wished they had better fighting abilities and more heros to choose from. Don't put one particular hero specific for a planet. I think adding non-jedi heros like Chewie, Han, Leia, Boba Fett, Jango Fett, as well as Lando, IG-88, Greedo, Bossk, Durge, Dengar, 4-LOM, Zuckuss, etc. balance the force powers of jedi and sith. If the computer AI on single player off-line modes like instant action and galactic conquest could have heros also then it would be balanced too.
 imsh
10-09-2007, 12:03 AM
yep

i voted for 'more jedi like in space' but . . . jedis are not so good to play in BF
 PoiuyWired
10-09-2007, 3:48 AM
Well, a jedi only map or two is fun for spamfast while bored, but other than that "no jedi" in regular games.
 darth rogue
10-30-2007, 4:59 PM
i voted more jedi cause lightsabers rule
 chocy
10-31-2007, 7:01 AM
i didnt know witch one to go for more jedi or more jedi with lvls i picked more jedi with lvls,it sounded cool
 Darth_Brunny
10-31-2007, 12:56 PM
:duel: Being jedi just makes the game better

:blaze6: :darthx :borg1: :speeder:
 Cebot
11-06-2007, 11:26 AM

I agree with this. I preferd Battle front because there were no playable jedi.
 jawathehutt
11-06-2007, 5:16 PM
:duel: Being jedi just makes the game better

:blaze6: :darthx :borg1: :speeder:
Have you ever actually played BF2? Because with a few exceptions, I have yet to do worse as a hero than a normal class, and I've played the game for about 350 hours, since the beta first came out. And don't use so many smilies, they take away from your post, and look stupid, especially when they don't relate at all.
 TripHammer
11-07-2007, 10:55 AM
I like Jedi in the game.. but playing a jedi in conquest mode is just too easy to pwn. There's no fun in it in my opinion. When I do play heroes.. it's elimination and I join a hero server where there's nothing but elimination.
 Darth_Brunny
11-08-2007, 11:33 AM
I like Jedi in the game.. but playing a jedi in conquest mode is just too easy to pwn.

True after a while you just get fed up with killing everyone as jedi, and you just want to have a bit of a challenge without that unfair advantage

But Jedi are still a nice addition to the game
 Darth_Brunny
11-08-2007, 11:46 AM
And don't use so many smilies, they take away from your post, and look stupid, especially when they don't relate at all.

Ill take that as advice but im new and all so yeah ill remember that next time im doing a post
 lordzack
11-15-2007, 5:31 PM
I think the Heroes should have a timer that works like the hero health in BF and normal health. There should also be generic jedi and dark jedi.
 GeneralPloKoon
11-17-2007, 6:54 PM
The jedi are cool but I don't want them in Batteornt III unless made a LOT weaker, they just don't seem right for Battlefornt at all, maybe Jedi in story mode, but none in multiplayer AT ALL!!!!
 deathclone
11-20-2007, 3:08 AM
guys what if sum1 CANT buy JA or SWforced unleashed and where else do u get to be a jedi/sith and fight clones/dorids/stormtroopers/rebels THAT r human players? human troops well..... for me a jedi is like hey just shoot and run at same time and they die no sweat except for grevious..... i hav a bit of trouble killing him
 swphreak
11-23-2007, 5:42 PM
Everyone needs to remember the rules on spamming.
 jawathehutt
11-23-2007, 6:06 PM
guys what if sum1 CANT buy JA or SWforced unleashed and where else do u get to be a jedi/sith and fight clones/dorids/stormtroopers/rebels THAT r human players? human troops well..... for me a jedi is like hey just shoot and run at same time and they die no sweat except for grevious..... i hav a bit of trouble killing him
JA is like 5 freaken dollars, you can make that much searching a mall parking lot for change. Its even cheaper than BF1 or 2.
 deathclone
11-24-2007, 5:58 AM
JA is like 5 freaken dollars, you can make that much searching a mall parking lot for change. Its even cheaper than BF1 or 2.
no idea what contry u come from cuz in australia its ALOT OF MONEY! like 90$ so like i would buy it BUT I CANT! so im representing AUS or other countrys where games r sooooo exspensive.. basicly in australia every game is roud 90-100$ or at least the good ones. the only way to get a cheap game in AUS r the ones that hav been already bought but then brought bak or suming its called pre-owned or suming
 jawathehutt
11-24-2007, 1:50 PM
Which is why they invented the internet, you obviously have some grasp of it because your here. Theres hundreds of wonderful places where you could get it for relatively cheap prices.
 Darca Lar
11-24-2007, 9:14 PM
I second that.
 darth rogue
11-26-2007, 7:48 PM
more jediiiiiiiiii pleazzzzzzzzssss
 deathclone
11-27-2007, 3:46 PM
yea i know but my mum dosnt let me -.-
 DeathKnight23
11-28-2007, 7:45 AM
Battlefront doesn't NEED Jedi, but its good to have them, it makes the game more interesting, and they're useful as the heroes u can get after u rack up the number of points required in a battle.
 Nancy Allen``
12-02-2007, 7:51 AM
Not more Jedi perse, more hero characters where they can add in as many Jedi as they like, as well as Kyle, Jan Ors, any number of non Jedi characters.
 deathclone
12-03-2007, 3:29 AM
Battlefront doesn't NEED Jedi, but its good to have them, it makes the game more interesting, and they're useful as the heroes u can get after u rack up the number of points required in a battle.
I agree dosnt NEED it but yea its awsome to hav the jedi and sometimes ur just bord and go hey i wanna own the enemy edit make jedi all the time u got urself a fun little own fest i do it all the time and make enemy with 750 troops! Obi wan vs grevious guess what planet its ma fav
 DeathKnight23
12-04-2007, 8:45 AM
Besides, the jedi r in the game as part of the bonus heroes line up u get as i mentioned in my post above. U don't solely paly as jedi cos a) u might not be able to get jedi on a certain map - Felucia - Chewbacca and b) u can only use them for a short time anyway as they have a time limit. also c) u don't have to play as them anyway, u can choose not to, thats y it has a yes/no option when it comes up with the opportunity to play as a hero.
 natrat29
12-06-2007, 2:31 AM
jedis pwn too easy on sw bf2. i dont reckon they should be in bf3. but if they were i hope it is optional when choosing the map. and besides if u wanna use a jedi with more different moves then play sw jedi knight or something like that.
 DeathKnight23
12-06-2007, 3:50 AM
jedis pwn too easy on sw bf2. i dont reckon they should be in bf3. but if they were i hope it is optional when choosing the map. and besides if u wanna use a jedi with more different moves then play sw jedi knight or something like that.

they ARE optional, u don't have to play as them! I would like them to be in BF3 and if they r it doesn't matter for people like u who don't want them there cause u don't have to play as them!!
 jawathehutt
12-08-2007, 1:15 AM
Ya, you dont but other people will and then ruin your game. You wanna know whats really not fun, some dick who sits on tantive as vader and saber throws the rebels into defeat because theyre dead before they can shoot him
 deathclone
12-08-2007, 4:33 PM
Ya, you dont but other people will and then ruin your game. You wanna know whats really not fun, some dick who sits on tantive as vader and saber throws the rebels into defeat because theyre dead before they can shoot him
do u know how many ppl play as rebles? 0 in mypoint of view, they dont get cool uniforms they look weird and well... uniforms r cool and droids well there robots thats awsome
 jawathehutt
12-08-2007, 11:50 PM
Then your point of view is shrouded by ignorance, because you've apparently never played online. Theres a thing called autoassign, which means that on most of the big servers, you don't get to chose. So in reality, thousands have played as rebels. And if you base what team you play based on uniforms... its obvious why you need heroes. The wookie and bothan are much better IMO than the DT and imp officer and rebels have much better camo on outdoor maps. And for the last time, learn how to fricken type. Spell out every word, spell correctly, and make sense.
 deathclone
12-09-2007, 1:34 AM
Then your point of view is shrouded by ignorance, because you've apparently never played online. Theres a thing called autoassign, which means that on most of the big servers, you don't get to chose. So in reality, thousands have played as rebels. And if you base what team you play based on uniforms... its obvious why you need heroes. The wookie and bothan are much better IMO than the DT and imp officer and rebels have much better camo on outdoor maps. And for the last time, learn how to fricken type. Spell out every word, spell correctly, and make sense.
SORRY richi rich and i dont feel like typing correctly
 JoeDoe 2.0
12-09-2007, 4:05 AM
No more Jedi, but if you have to then make them better. More vehicles and troops would be a more welcomed idea
 deathclone
12-09-2007, 5:07 AM
every bodys a critic
 darkjedimonkey
12-11-2007, 4:17 PM
and some people are idiots.
i for one, dont think jedi should be in the game.
if we want to have jedis we can have jedi battlefront
swbf2 went over the edge with the hero battle
everyone has had this discussion before.
no jedi please
 DeathKnight23
12-12-2007, 5:00 AM
And i think that swb3 should have more jedi and heroes in general, there u go thats my opinion.
 lordzack
12-12-2007, 5:29 PM
I think that heroes have a place in Battlefront. It's called Star Wars Battlefront not "Star Wars Trooper" and so you should be able to play as any one that would be present on the Battlefront.
 DeathKnight23
12-13-2007, 7:42 AM
thats a very good point lordzack, and there are different heroes to access depending on what mission ur playing.
 deathclone
12-16-2007, 5:12 AM
O and u know what? I DONT HAV THE DAM PC VERSION!! i hav it on XBOX y should i buy the SAME GAME just for some new features! and im SO not paying for XBOX live
 deathclone
12-16-2007, 5:15 AM
and some people are idiots.
i for one, dont think jedi should be in the game.
if we want to have jedis we can have jedi battlefront
swbf2 went over the edge with the hero battle
everyone has had this discussion before.
no jedi please
for dam sake its optional! go to options menu! does anyone BOTHER to do this? i mean its logicol U guys can do suming that takes 5 dam seconds and we, the awesome people that LIKE heros can leave it normal! :smash:
 jawathehutt
12-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Can you open the options game in multiplayer games? No you cant.
 GeneralPloKoon
12-17-2007, 10:22 PM
THe xbox commnuity has an large number of 12-year olds who greatly abuse the use of Jedi...the option is useless....
 DeathKnight23
12-18-2007, 4:00 AM
no the option isn't usless, just abused. If they can limit further how long u can play as heroes then they won't be abused, because it won't be possible. Proper time limit perhaps? not just ur life depends on ur killing.
 SilentScope001
12-18-2007, 11:58 AM
I think that heroes have a place in Battlefront. It's called Star Wars Battlefront not "Star Wars Trooper" and so you should be able to play as any one that would be present on the Battlefront.

You know, in SWBFI, they had heroes, but they were controlled by AI, and therefore, were almost unkillable baddies (different from the heroes of today), balanced by the fact that they are actually stupid.

Return back to those good old days! We don't need to play as heroes! It is the grunts that decide the battles, not some guy with a sword!
 darkjedimonkey
12-18-2007, 4:29 PM
You know, in SWBFI, they had heroes, but they were controlled by AI, and therefore, were almost unkillable baddies (different from the heroes of today), balanced by the fact that they are actually stupid.

Return back to those good old days! We don't need to play as heroes! It is the grunts that decide the battles, not some guy with a sword!

exactly
:smash:
court adjourned.
Page: 1 of 2