Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Humans: Carnivorous?

Page: 2 of 2
 Det. Bart Lasiter
10-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Uh... no. ;)

You bring up the canines: I'll bring up the mollers.
They grind and chomp anything. For instance, I use my molars to chomp and grind the flesh of lesser creatures.
 Corinthian
10-08-2007, 11:56 PM
The size of the canines is irrelevant. When was the last time you tried to take down, say, a pig with your teeth? The answer, of course, is never. When was the last time you heard of someone taking down a pig with their teeth? Probably never. Our teeth aren't weapons...usually. With the ability to take down an animal and then pull it apart, the need for large teeth is near-nonexistent. Can you imagine having your face stuffed full of the kind of teeth you see on animals similar to normal human weight? We'd need a completely different jaw structure.

Anyway, Humans are Omnivores. This is readily apparent. You can't eat meat if you can't digest it, and you can't eat plants if you can't digest them. Well, you can, but you won't get much in the way of benefits and you probably won't enjoy it. I can't really see how, assuming humanity at some point ran out of gatherable food, they were able to sustain themselves on meat they couldn't digest until they were able to evolve, and a Pre-Human who mutated meat-eating teeth wouldn't know what to do with them, unless the mutation also rewrote his instincts.
 Rev7
10-09-2007, 1:36 AM
Well if you want the archaeological theory, we were originally a hunter-gatherer species. That means hunting (meat) and gathering (other foodstuffs), for those who find this stuff difficult to follow. Omnivorousness seems likely. Besides, have you ever tried an all-meat diet? The medieval/early modern European monarchs were into it. Not. Healthy.
Good point Insidious. I think it would be kinda hard to go on an ALL meat diet nowadays.
Page: 2 of 2