Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lets modernize XvT & BoP

Page: 1 of 1
 Duo.plt
10-03-2007, 2:14 PM
Im tired of seeing all of these mods for XWA.
I wrote to Lucas Arts 5 years ago on making a new game similar to XVT but with modern graphics. They took no action.
soooo....

I propose to form a team to revolutionize the game. My intentions:
Re-texture
Re-model
new cockpit images etc.

I just started college trying to get my degree in computer science so i wont be of much use technologically, but i might be able to talk to others around here.
If we only could get a dedicated team this could make us a modern-ish star wars flight simulator.

Im hoping for good feed back soon
 TripHammer
10-05-2007, 11:43 AM
I'm all for a remake of the game/s. Star Wars Battlefront 2 has incorporated space into it... but I'd like to see missions like in the XWA and Tie-Fighter series of games rather than just an add-in that is basically the same mission over and over no matter what map you're playing.

Have you tried Rogue Squadron and StarFighter? These are prolly the closest you'll come to modern graphics and flying missions. It's not exactly how The x-wing tie-fighter games were.. but close,
 Wildstar
10-05-2007, 4:04 PM
FYI, there's a project to down-convert some of the XWA Upgrade OPTs to XvT/BoP format. There's a link to a RAR file on this page (http://paz.uc3m.es/carlos/xvtedicion/descargas/ct/c_ct.php?id=14) (it's in Spanish, so you may try a Babelfish translation), and there's a thread here (http://www.xwaupgrade.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=001111) that you can read to keep up to speed on the project (must be a registered member of the XWA Upgrade Project forums to view).
Page: 1 of 1