Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you make items unique?

Page: 1 of 1
 Hive
10-02-2007, 5:05 PM
One thing that bugs me majorly in TSL is the randomnes with loot. Sure, it's nice to be surprised - but it becomes silly when you in one playthrough finds 3 Onasi blasters, 2 Malak robes and 3 Exar Kun battle suits...

So how can I make it so that the game will only create 1 of each item? I noticed that I never find Handmaiden's staff, Mira's wristlauncher, etc anywhere - so I assume it can be done... but looking around in the *.utc files didn't give me any obvious answer to my question, nor could I find a tutorial that explained it.
 swfan28
10-03-2007, 5:22 AM
You must edit the include script k_inc_treas_k2.nss so that it checks the party's equipped items and player's inventory and chooses a new item to be placed if an item is already found. You must also extend this check to all creatures and placeables already spawned to the current module. This won't be easy to do. Finally you must recompile all k_plc_* scripts, k_def_spawn01.nss, all k_def_spn_t_* and all other scripts that use functions of k_inc_treas_k2.nss using the modified version of it. Even if you somehow manage to do all that this won't work completely. There are some containers that always have specific items and this method won't change that. It also won't check the items of idle partymembers and won't affect the items you'll find in stores. This method also won't make loot any less random You might still never find certain items.

The other even more awkward option is to remove the above mentioned random loot scripts from every UTC and UTP file that is used in the game module by module and then adding specific inventory to them. You'd also have to modify the GIT files and make new templates for placeables and characters that are duplicates. finally you'd have to rebuild each module to avoid conflicts and get the GIT files to work and even this method won't be perfect.

All in all this is a very difficult thing to do.
 Hive
10-03-2007, 5:56 AM
All in all this is a very difficult thing to do.

Woah, yeah... sure sounds like it!

Well, thanks for the answer. I think I'll rank doing this pretty low on my todo list, though. Sounds exhaustable. :D
Page: 1 of 1