Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

New Lightsaber Colors

Page: 1 of 1
 lordzapharos
09-21-2007, 11:41 PM
I know it may be a lot to ask, but I didn't find a concise tutorial about it: how would I go about adding new lightsaber color crystals ingame that allow for new lightsaber colors? This is all for KotOR 1, by the way (if it matters).

I just want to give a "new" experience with new colors (not overwriting old lightsabers) that allows for more choice than the standard amount of colors. If it matters (I think it does), I want only to recolor the lightsaber blades - not change the hilts, or the lightsaber core width, etc. and apply the properties to a lightsaber crystal.

Any ideas? This would make for a great tutorial.

*EDIT*

Since no one's responding, and I just figured out how to change colors, I have another question - is it possible to change the colors without overwriting the default saber colors? I don't really get the connection between the .tga files (like w_lsabrered01.tga) and the crystal .uti files...
 Marius Fett
10-10-2007, 4:25 PM
The Uti And TGA Files Are Not Connecte As Such,
Rather The Uti And The Model .MDL Files Sre Connected.
The Data In The Model File Tells The Game What Colour To Use.
The ModelVariation Tab in The Uti Tells The Game which Model To Use!
Simple Really.
If This Isn't Clear Enough PM Me And I'll Send You A More Detailed Explanation.

-DarthDingDong
 T7nowhere
10-10-2007, 4:54 PM
to make a new Color Crystal you need to make a new lightsaber. This would include:

> mdl + mdx for each of the double ,normal and short lightsabers( not really required if you only need the color for one type of lightsaber) which would = 6 files for the 3 models.
> New blade color .tga
> crystal uti
> lightersaber uti for each of the models
> edited upcrystals.2da ( a new row for your crystal and then on that row the uti for each of the lightsaber types)

That should be all you need. This is of course assuming you are just using the game hilts.

EDIT: @ DarthDingDong, it is ok to discuss modding the games in the modding discussion forum, infact it is preferable that you do so. The reason is that others may find the discussion usefull, but when the discussion only takes place in private only the members involved benefit.
Page: 1 of 1