Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Lots of Questions :S (TSL)

Page: 1 of 1
 Lumbas
09-18-2007, 2:10 PM
I'm wondering a few things. Are the Vitality and Force point regenerations stats on certain items any good?

Next, how unstoppable is the stat 'Unstoppable' on some items?

Last, what are Massive Criticals (what do they do?)

I'm playing TSL by the way if that's any help.

Thanks in advance.
 Emperor Devon
09-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Are the Vitality and Force point regenerations stats on certain items any good?

By the time you are able to use/find them, not really. Regenerating one HP every second only does so much good when you have over 100.

I don't think that's used in the game. (Or my memory is foggy.)

They increase the damage done on a critical hit.
 Totenkopf
09-18-2007, 11:30 PM
WTH is keen, anyway? Or more precisely, what kind of damage does it actually cause? Actually, ED, I recall some of the guns having unstoppable (disruptors usually, I think) and maybe even a LS enhancement or so.
 Emperor Devon
09-18-2007, 11:48 PM
Keen increases your critical threat range. (Makes it more likely for you to score a critical hit.)

Used on disruptors? Hmm, I suppose that means it can't be blocked by anything. They could puncture pretty much every type of energy shield. /random guess
 Lumbas
09-19-2007, 1:15 PM
Yeah, it's used on disruptors, and the Hurrikaine crystal I think. It says 'will puncture most defenses', so I wondered how exactly that would be.

For the massive criticals thing, there is sometimes a number range on it(for upgrades and such). Does that amount stack with the current critical rate?
 stoffe
09-19-2007, 3:34 PM
I'm wondering a few things. Are the Vitality and Force point regenerations stats on certain items any good?

If you are a consular or another class relying heavily on force powers the extra regeneration can be helpful. In the hidden tomb on Korriban in particular if you're a lightsider, since your force pool won't regenerate naturally there.

In other places it won't make an incredible difference, especially if you have decent Wisdom, but it gives an extra boost that can be helpful to "top off the tanks" so to speak. :)

If you mean the damage type dealt by Disruptor weapons it just means that there are no energy shields or resistance items in the game that block or reduce the damage from that type of weapons. You can still miss as with any other weapon though.

Massive criticals add some extra damage, as listed by the property, whenever you score a critical hit. For example, if you have a weapon with a "Massive criticals 2-12" property it will add 2 to 12 damage, randomly rolled, on top of the double damage you already do from the critical hit.
 Jae Onasi
09-20-2007, 2:26 AM
Keen doubles the critical thread of a weapon. For instance, if you have a weapon that scores a critical threat (which many call a critical hit) on a roll of 20 and you have a keen weapon, you'll score a critical threat if you roll (or in the case of this game, the computer rolls for you) a 19 or 20.

If your weapon has a critical thread of 19-20, if you make that weapon keen, that will get doubled and you'll score a critical threat if you roll 17-20. I believe this is supposed to stack with Master Critical Strike, so if you have a keen weapon and use this feat, you could conceivably roll a critical strike if you rolled a 9-20. I'm not sure if it works that way in-game--I'd have to load up a save at some point to see how it plays out, but if it does, you'll be doing massive damage theoretically over half the time you score a hit.
Page: 1 of 1