Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Echo: Goto replacement mod (Full voice)

Page: 1 of 1
 Torthane
09-05-2007, 5:56 PM
Some of you may remember a mod called the Veridian Echo that never got finished. Well this mod is taking its place and will include all of the reskins, new sounds, and gameplay enhancements of that mod. Also, I am hard at work replacing Goto with a new character who will have fully voiced dialogue and there own appearance and story. I'll have more details and screenshots up soon.
 Lucied
09-05-2007, 7:01 PM
is the new character going to be optional? or required to use things from the mod?

p.s. YAAAAAAAAAY
 Torthane
09-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Alright, because there doesn't seem to be much interest in the mod and because I am quite busy I am just going to release the skins, items and new sounds. It wil be a couple of days still but I will try to get it done soon.
 Shadow51689
09-18-2007, 1:45 AM
Alright, because there doesn't seem to be much interest in the mod and because I am quite busy I am just going to release the skins, items and new sounds. It wil be a couple of days still but I will try to get it done soon.

A little more information might increase interest. ;)
 Darth Balor
09-18-2007, 5:26 AM
Well he did have a lot in his Veridian Echo thread...
 Torthane
09-18-2007, 1:50 PM
Mainly I just don't have the time right now. It's not that I don't think people would be interested so much. I will post some screenshots soon and I am considering posting the whole mod as open source if other people want to do anything with it.
 GeorgNihilus
09-18-2007, 2:17 PM
Wow man :Open2: ... I hope u find time to finish it, I've realized through time the difficulty of getting 'sounded' mods for the Kotor series, so new sounds for a new character are always welcome of course, and can be used for other mods like I usually like to do ;) ...
I never was quite convinced with this GOTO droid if u ask me ... :blast5:

Good modding ... :)
 Lucied
09-18-2007, 2:38 PM
the skins are amazing, its to bad about everything else but something is better than nothing and real life comes first
 Master Shake
09-22-2007, 2:06 AM
aw man i was jus starting to get exited about the new character o well :(
 Torthane
09-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Alright guys,

I should have the mod up sometime this week. I am not letting go of this character replacement idea but it will probably be a long way out. The first release will have reskins, new sounds, some gameplay rebalancing, and a few other minor changes.

Almost all of the party members are completely redone and come with several new unique items each (liked the original clothing they came with but wanted better protection? This mod fixes that while still keeping armor useful). There are some new items for the player too. I'll have images up soon I hope.

Cheers!

Torthane
 Torthane
09-30-2007, 11:40 PM
Update: I have submitted the first version to filefront so it should be up real soon. The file size is 80 mb (sorry, there are alot of reskins and sound files). Hopefully it won't be too big for most of you to download, but if it is send me a pm and I will try to send most of it to you in bits.
 Arбtoeldar
10-01-2007, 7:42 AM
Very :cool: Torthane
 JediAthos
10-02-2007, 1:36 PM
I'm glad you want to stick with this Torthane. This looks like it will be an awesome mod, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I personally hate GOTO, and I almost never play DS and to top it off I'm not much of a modder. So, for me this is freakin awesome! :)
 Torthane
10-02-2007, 2:26 PM
I'm glad you want to stick with this Torthane. This looks like it will be an awesome mod, and I can't wait to get my hands on it. I personally hate GOTO, and I almost never play DS and to top it off I'm not much of a modder. So, for me this is freakin awesome! :)

Yeah, I hate GOTO too. That's why I'm making this mod. Unfortunatly the first release won't have him out of the picture, but I'm working on it. Filefront doesn't have it up yet, but I'll tell as soon as it does.
 lordofmalachor
10-02-2007, 7:31 PM
So, how's gonna be replacing that stupid son of a- er, G0-T0
 Miles Edgeworth
10-04-2007, 4:36 PM
 Torthane
10-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Hey, Torthane is this (http://files.filefront.com/The+Veridian+Echo+Mod+v2zip/;8685541;/fileinfo.html) the new version?

Yup. More or less. It's got screenshots in it and it's not very compressed so it might take a while to download. You are welcome to download it however. I'm going to be posting a more compressed one soon without the screenshots. Sorry this is all taking so long.

Edit: Yup, it's been a while since I've done anything on that mod but I have a semi-working beta somewhere on my computer. I might at least release the skin and sound packs finally...
 JediAthos
10-05-2007, 2:18 PM
You don't need to apologize for taking your time bro. We all have a life to attend to :) As a non-modder I appreciate all the effort you're making.
 Lucied
10-06-2007, 9:01 AM
hey torthane i would love to get the skins send me a pm

Closing thread to prevent another useless 'bump' by posters who have no clue. If the modder wishes this thread re-opened they can PM one of the staff with a link to it and we will gladly do so. -RH
Page: 1 of 1