Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Which helper tools go with KotOR Tool, and where do they go?

Page: 1 of 1
 Gess422
09-05-2007, 2:13 AM
I just re-installed KT ver.1.0.2210.16738 to possibly fix another problem that requiered a work around. (thanks for that TK102) Anyway I read somewhere on the forums that you should always put KT helper tools inside the main KotOR Tool folder. I noticed mdlops and nwnnsscomp where already there, but I don't know if they are the most recent versions.

1.Should I overwrite those programs with the latest mdlops and nwnnsscomp? I have mdlops v05 & 06a1(sound like an alpha) and nwnnsscomp 102. I also dowloaded a program called kotorcomp which I would assume is intended to replace nwnnsscomp(the exe is the same name nwnnsscomp.exe and the version is 103)

2.What else should I add to the KT folder? I have xvi32, kgff_122, others programs?

3.Do they all just go in the KT folder? Nothing else requiered like a Cofigure program to get them to work with KT instead of just sitting there?

4.Sorry just one more question. xvi has its own folder. If I need to install that one should it have its own subfolder in the Kt or just throw everything in the Kt folder.

Sorry about the long post but I'm really looking forward to spending more time seriously modding now. If just been fildling around creating my own small mods so far new uti's and such.
 stoffe
09-05-2007, 6:49 AM
1.Should I overwrite those programs with the latest mdlops and nwnnsscomp? I have mdlops v05 & 06a1(sound like an alpha) and nwnnsscomp 102. I also dowloaded a program called kotorcomp which I would assume is intended to replace nwnnsscomp(the exe is the same name nwnnsscomp.exe and the version is 103)

If I remember correctly KotorTool uses modified versions of nwnnsscomp and mdlops that have been adapted specifically for use with it. It's probably safest to leave those alone and not replace them with other versions, since those might not have the proper parameter support that KotorTool uses when launching them.

2.What else should I add to the KT folder? I have xvi32, kgff_122, others programs?

To be on the safe side you could put k-gff in the KotorTool folder and rename it to GFFEditor.exe. There are certain data types in some KOTOR GFF files that the standard bioware editor that comes with KotorTool does not handle.

3.Do they all just go in the KT folder? Nothing else requiered like a Cofigure program to get them to work with KT instead of just sitting there?

You can set the paths to some helper apps with the "Manage Paths" option in the File menu.
 tk102
09-05-2007, 1:08 PM
Also, I personally use DLGEditor for dialog edits. You can set that in Tools: Options: Project Manager.
 Gess422
09-07-2007, 1:27 AM
Thank you for answering so quickly Stoffe and tk102. I may have to reinstall because I cant remeber if I overwrote mdlops & nwnnsscomp or not.

By the way have you ever had problems getting files accociated to KotOR Tool? When I want to open an extracted file Windows XP asks me what to open it with. Then I brouse to the KT .exe and select it. So far so good right? Wrong XP trys to open it with something else like acrobat and then acciates all the files (.uti in this case) as acrobat files. I have to use folder options - file types to get it properly accociated with KT and some of the file types are not even listed. (like .utp)
Page: 1 of 1