Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Tie Fighter Collector's CD

Page: 1 of 1
 zeratul89
09-01-2007, 2:58 AM
Hi, I've recently been trying to get back into Tie Fighter however it wont install, I own the Tie Fighter collector's CD-Rom (ie the DOS version) and i was previously able to install and play the game using VDMSound, however I recently formated my computer and now the installer wont run, the screen just flicks black and then returns to the desktop, ARGGGGGHH, and nothing I try can get the installer to run, so PLEASE help.

Cheers
zeratul89
 Wildstar
09-01-2007, 11:11 AM
You can try DOSBox (http://sourceforge.net/projects/dosbox) to give the game a DOS environment to install in. Also, are you sure you also installed VDMSound again?
 zeratul89
09-02-2007, 7:44 AM
Yep, i reinstalled the exact same version of VDMSound I'd been using previously, but i don't think the problems in VDM, before the installation program always ran on its own, now the screen just flciks black like it running then goes back to the desktop. I'll give DOSBox a try and see if it helps, if it doesn't, well I'll be back for more help.
 zeratul89
09-02-2007, 7:58 AM
DOSBox worked, thanx for the help
Page: 1 of 1