Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Jedi vs Gray Jedi vs Dark Jedi (Sith)

Page: 2 of 2
 Q
09-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Gray Jedi nearly always seem to fall to the Dark Side.

They're like the "Sith-in-waiting" of the Star Wars universe.

The Jedi are far from perfect, but I prefer their way to the alternative(s).
 Prime
09-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Let me repost something that got deleted:Looks like my response got deleted to!

Well, using Force lightning to kill an enemy isn't much worse than using a lightsaber to do it.IT is in the SW universe, because using the Force to kill a living being is in essence using the Force to harm itself, which is a no no. Killing someone with a lightsaber is the lesser of two evils.

I think canonically Qui-Gon was classed as a Grey Jedi as the Jedi Council didn't view him as a true Jedi (the reasonings why he never progressed from Jedi Knight to Jedi Master) because of his unorthadox views and disobediance to the councilHe was a Jedi Master. The Council did view him as a full and true Jedi, they just disagreed with some of the decisions he made. But he was still viewed as one of their best field agents.

How then can you explain away Destroy Droid, a LS Force Power that has the main goal of harming droids.The real answer is that the power is a game mechanic from a video game. :)

But a droid is not a living being, and so unlike a living being it does not "constribute" to it. So using the Force to attack a droid is like attacking a rock or a toaster, not another living being that is also contributing to the Force.

And then there's emerald lightning or electric judgement or whatever it was called, which was essentially the same as lightning, except that it drew from light energy.It seems that that power was very controversial (both in-universe and outside) and appears to be a dark side power in the end for the same reasons.

In summary, the Sith are a bunch of back-stabbing idiots, the Jedi are too afraid to take the Sith on their own, and the gray Jedi are loners (usually) who have good intentions, but don't let the Council hold them back.How are the Jedi afraid to take on the Sith? They do so at every opportunity with great effort!

Gray Jedi nearly always seem to fall to the Dark Side.Indeed. In fact, are there any that have not?
 JoeDoe 2.0
09-07-2007, 11:08 AM
But why do the Jedi have to kill a Sith? What happens if a Jedi encounters a Jedi on a park, but the Sith instead of killing everybody around was resting peacefully on the grass and enjoying life, does the Jedi need to kill him just because of that person is a Sith?
 Jeff
09-07-2007, 11:19 AM
That's just a silly example. :carms:
 JoeDoe 2.0
09-07-2007, 11:33 AM
You didn't answer the quez though

:cowdance
 SilentScope001
09-07-2007, 1:08 PM
But why do the Jedi have to kill a Sith? What happens if a Jedi encounters a Jedi on a park, but the Sith instead of killing everybody around was resting peacefully on the grass and enjoying life, does the Jedi need to kill him just because of that person is a Sith?

If an American Special Operation Agent who vows to shut down all terrorist organizations sees a known terrorist sitting on a bench, resting peacefully on the grass and enjoying life, does the American Special Operation Agent need to kill him? :)

Yeah, the Jedi has to kill off the Sith.
 Alexander the Great
09-07-2007, 5:17 PM

Didn't you read my post? The Sith keep frontin' on Jedi turf, the Jedi bust a few caps, the Sith are like "Hold up, son!", then die. Think of one instance that the Sith actually just stood by and abstained from screwing everyone over.
 Prime
09-09-2007, 12:53 AM
But why do the Jedi have to kill a Sith? What happens if a Jedi encounters a Jedi on a park, but the Sith instead of killing everybody around was resting peacefully on the grass and enjoying life, does the Jedi need to kill him just because of that person is a Sith?One of the Jedi's main goals is to keep the Force in its natural state (i.e. not being unnaturally corrupted by those using the dark side). The Sith corrupt the Force by using the dark side. The Sith's goals are in direct conflict with the Jedi's goals. Thus the Jedi seek to destroy the Sith.
 JoeDoe 2.0
09-09-2007, 1:06 AM
Didn't you read my post?

Errm... not really, sorry

Yeah, IMO the Jedi follow their teachings too closely, the least they should do is offer the Sith with a chance to surrender, they just see a dark sider and their mind goes

SITH = EVIL = MUST ELIMINATE MEATBAG
 Rev7
09-16-2007, 2:01 AM
I personally think that Qui-Gon Jinn is a Gray Jedi. By that I mean he is veiwed as a Jedi, because he does good deeds, but teaches...unorthodoxly... in a sense. He always seems like he knows more than the other jedi know... in a sense. I think it is just the way you see it I guess.
I like those who have been trained in the Jedi "arts" but know the knowledge of the Jedi and Sith
 Rev7
09-16-2007, 2:05 AM
I guess that would be classified as a "Gray". NOT a Gray Jedi. Those who are in a neutral position but lean upon the Dark Sides power should be considered as "Gray Sith".... once again... in a sense. Tell me what you think.
Page: 2 of 2