Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance

Page: 1 of 2
 Silveredge9
08-27-2007, 9:04 AM
Spent an hour or so finishing this mod. And here it is!

Image (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/screenshot-1.jpg)

Download this mod (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ajunta_Pall_Unique_Appearance;82399)

When the file is up at KOTORfiles, I'll update this post.

----------------------------------------
Knights of the Old Republic - Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance Mod

AUTHOR: Silveredge9
NAME: Ajunta Pall Unique Appearance Mod
DATE RELEASED: 27/8/07

DESCRIPTION: A unique appearence for the spirit of Ajunta Pall to replace the default Dark Jedi one.

File Index

N_DeadeyeH01d.tga x 2
N_JediMemM08.tga
kor37_freedon.utc
kor37_freedonnad.dlg
clear_effects.ncs
heads.2DA
Appearance.2DA

Comments
I always though the default Ajunta Pall character was a little uninteresting and generic, looking the same as the enemies you fight in the game. So here, at last is an cool appearance to match his cool voice.

There are 2 variations of the head to choose from, with ghostly eyes or with sith eyes. To use the Sith Eyes version, copy the file from the Sith Eyes folder into the override folder after the installation.

Also the horrible shield effect has been removed.

Should you want to retain the shield effect on Ajunta Pall, don't move 'clear_effects.ncs' or 'kor37_freedonnad.dlg' in the Override folder.

How to Install This Mod
- Unzip the contents of the folder into your Override directory, located in your LucasArts/SWKotOR folder.

How to UnInstall This Mod
- Remove all the listed files above from your Override folder.
 Wedge Suron
08-27-2007, 9:20 AM
Looking nice

will it work with your Brotherhood of shadow mod?
 Darth Vanisher
08-27-2007, 9:52 AM
Nice mod, seems great. Yes, a Sith Lord shouldn't looks like a normal Dark Jedi. :p
The robe looks cool, can we acquired it after we defeat him?
 Silveredge9
08-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Looking nice

will it work with your Brotherhood of shadow mod?
Yes, it is fully compatible with it.

Nice mod, seems great. Yes, a Sith Lord shouldn't looks like a normal Dark Jedi. :p
The robe looks cool, can we acquired it after we defeat him?
The robes arn't wearable by the PC, as they use a different model then the standard Jedi Robe. I'm not a big fan of replacing stuff.
 sekan
08-27-2007, 10:42 AM
Very nice :D Always hated the fact that he had the same look as a normal Dark Jedi.
 LORD SPARTAN
08-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Cool mod, I had a similar idea once, but never had time to completed it. Now it's irrevalant to do so thanks to this cool mod. Have you though of playing with alpha chanel to make Ajunta Pall a bit transparent like in movies?
 Wookiee Rrudolf
08-27-2007, 1:15 PM
Now this is something I've been waiting for! Dark Lord should have unique look and now he has it :D
But I would like to see him looking more "ghost-like" instead of "zombie-like". But anyway it's really cool mod. Great job, keep it up :)
 sekan
08-27-2007, 2:42 PM
Time to take Shems job... hehe :xp:

This mod is now available at filefront! (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Ajunta_Pall_Unique_Appearance;82399)
 Zerimar Nyliram
08-28-2007, 5:38 PM
I'm trying to modify my existing appearance.2da file in my override folder to incorporate your skin, Silveredge9, but I don't know what line it is that I'm looking for.
 Silveredge9
08-28-2007, 7:08 PM
I believe all you need to do is copy the Unique_Sith_Ghost line, which governs the appearence of Ajunta Pall.
 Kazeite
09-01-2007, 7:09 PM
I agree with Wookiee Rrudolf and Lord Spartan - the skin looks fantastic, but Ajunta doesn't look like a ghost. Now, for me, he should've looked more like Marka Ragnos from JK3 - more white and light-bluish colors.

Also, the transparency. I too would like him to appear slightly transparent (and in aforementioned color scheme), so I've made a transparency map (http://kazeite.republika.pl/KOTOR/torsoAlphaMap.jpg) that should make him partially transparent, like this:

http://kazeite.republika.pl/KOTOR/ghost.jpg)

however, ingame only part of his flaps appears transparent. Any ideas why's that?
 Fredi
09-01-2007, 7:27 PM
I like that armor.... can it be use for the main character? or done?
 Silveredge9
09-01-2007, 9:36 PM
I agree with Wookiee Rrudolf and Lord Spartan - the skin looks fantastic, but Ajunta doesn't look like a ghost. Now, for me, he should've looked more like Marka Ragnos from JK3 - more white and light-bluish colors.

Also, the transparency. I too would like him to appear slightly transparent (and in aforementioned color scheme), so I've made a transparency map (http://kazeite.republika.pl/KOTOR/torsoAlphaMap.jpg) that should make him partially transparent, like this:

http://kazeite.republika.pl/KOTOR/ghost.jpg)

however, ingame only part of his flaps appears transparent. Any ideas why's that?
Depends on how a person likes their ghosts really. I tend to like mind looking as every day people like on the Sixth Sense or something.

Anyways, if you do manage to get the transparency thing fully working in the game I'll gladly release an update for those, who wish to have transparency, can do so.
Obviously giving credit where due.

I like that armor.... can it be use for the main character? or done?
It could be done, but that would mean replacing armour or robe models...
 Master Shake
09-01-2007, 9:36 PM
I like the armor alot too. good job silveredge!!!
 Silveredge9
09-06-2007, 10:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/Silveredge9/DSFDADS.jpg)

I'm including a semi transparent version of Ajunta Pall in a small update, for those ghost lovers out there. :P
 Ghost Down
09-07-2007, 3:02 AM
Damn, looking even better :D

- Ghost Down
 Altmaster
09-07-2007, 4:36 AM
Is it possible to make this compatible with your DS Bastila head reskin?
 Ghost Down
09-07-2007, 5:58 AM
I believe this is compatible with all his other mods.. :)

- Ghost Down
 RoyalBlue
09-07-2007, 6:26 AM
BIIIIIIIIIIIIIG PROBLEM lol. Now I got a headless reven as Ajunta Pall! I think I screwed up my .2DAs lol. Any ideas to why this happened
 Wookiee Rrudolf
09-07-2007, 9:35 AM
BIG THANKS to you Silveredge9 for making transparent version :D Now this is what I've been expecting from an ancient Sith Lord (even ghost ;) ). Great job!
 T7nowhere
09-07-2007, 7:17 PM
Nice work. :) I always meant to do something like this. I'm glad to see someone finally did.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-09-2007, 9:03 AM
Question: I edited my appearance.2da file when I downloaded the first version. Will I need to edit it again for version 1.1? Does the new version use all of the same text for Ajunta Pall's line in the file as the first version?

It'd be a bugger if I have to edit it again.
 Silveredge9
09-09-2007, 9:10 AM
Nothing has changed concerning 2DA's. So you shouldn't need to do anything.
 Darth Xander
09-09-2007, 2:44 PM
Wow great job Silveredge9 that must have taken ages!
 Kazeite
09-09-2007, 6:27 PM
Splendid! What did you do to make the transparency work, Silveredge9?
 Silveredge9
09-09-2007, 7:02 PM
Nothing too fancy, just added a 50% alpha channel to the skin...
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-09-2007, 11:58 PM
Perhaps version 1.2 will have a blue tint to it like Force ghosts; and perhaps you could replicate the glow effect. ;)

Not trying to push you, though. What you've done is more than impressive. Excellent job!
 Darth InSidious
09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Very, very nice.

If I could make two suggestions, however, I would first recommend removing the beard - it doesn't work, IMO. Secondly, the blue glow effect would add some ethereal-ness to him.

Just suggestions, 'though.

:)
 RoyalBlue
09-13-2007, 1:16 PM
First of all the beard is awesome! Secondly he can't add the blue effect because of the boundrys he has be forced to follow from kotor.
 Darth InSidious
09-13-2007, 1:33 PM
Umm...nope, nope, I'm pretty sure you can add transparency and a glow effect....
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-14-2007, 12:19 AM
Or just a blue tint, at least. It's just coloring.
 deathdisco
09-14-2007, 1:05 AM
The original just used a blue shield effect so yes, it's possible.
Nice work on the skin, looks great.
 Zerimar Nyliram
09-14-2007, 9:52 AM
I'm talking about making the skin itself blue.
 Silveredge9
09-14-2007, 10:50 AM
I might look into applying a glow. But not right now, as all my free time is currently focused on getting my main mod released before I start University in just over a week.
 herosinger
10-11-2007, 4:36 PM
Thanks for making the transparency option available. Now this is perfect.
 PrimusPilus
03-20-2008, 1:54 PM
Version 1.1 seems to be corrupted after downloading from Kotor Files...is there another link or can the corrupted .zip be fixed?
 Silveredge9
03-20-2008, 2:01 PM
Version 1.1 seems to be corrupted after downloading from Kotor Files...is there another link or can the corrupted .zip be fixed?
Works fine for me. What program do you use? I use Winrar.
 Master Niewiedzial
03-20-2008, 3:15 PM
See whenever you did him transparent. Why don't you try to reskin him to blue so he really looks like a force ghost.
 Zerimar Nyliram
03-20-2008, 4:35 PM
Also, the only thing that's transparent for me is that, erm... crotch cloth, the portion that hangs down. Aside from that he looks like a regular person.
 PrimusPilus
03-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Works fine for me. What program do you use? I use Winrar.

It's a .zip so I just used xp's default zipper. I also have WinAce, I'll try it with that when I get home next week.
 ajlbibak
03-21-2008, 2:14 PM
WinAce (v2.5) doesn't work for me. 7Zip works fine.
 Darth Xander
03-22-2008, 8:24 PM
Woow looks just like my history teacher!!
 Christos K
04-28-2011, 6:52 PM
I am trying to get this mod to work but I don't want to replace the existing 2da files as I know they have been edited before and not just by your other mods. I can probably edit it myself but could someone tell me what to change in those 2da files. (heads.2da, appearance.2da)
 SITH LORD 872
04-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Looking nice, I like how he still remains a ghost, But still hold a human look to him!!
 Bonedragon Jedi
01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
for some reason, when I went into his tomb (on my second playthrough) Ajunta Pall was now wearing brown jedi robes with the sithy-looking eyes and the odd shield effect. I dont think I have this mod installed either....so what could have caused that? and if I download this mod (which I am planning to) will it bug out that section of the game?
 Marius Fett
01-05-2012, 1:59 PM
Not if you have a saved game before you entered the tomb.
 Bonedragon Jedi
01-06-2012, 2:36 AM
Not if you have a saved game before you entered the tomb.

Thanks. i'm still new to all of this...

will this mod be compatible with the Bendak Starkiller armor mod by redrob41? both use a appearance.2da file.

I dont have any way of editing .2da files (and most likely ever wont) so I'm forced to pick and choose. *whimper*
 Totenkopf
01-09-2012, 2:26 AM
If you go to this page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) and scroll toward the section that says General Modding Tools , you will see a link for a tool called a 2da converter/merger. If you downlaod it and follow the instructions, it allows you to merge 2da files so that you shouldn't have to be restricted to choosing one mod over another.
 Zerimar Nyliram
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM
There wouldn't happen to be one for UTC and DLG files, would there?
 Bonedragon Jedi
01-09-2012, 12:31 PM
If you go to this page: http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php) and scroll toward the section that says General Modding Tools , you will see a link for a tool called a 2da converter/merger. If you downlaod it and follow the instructions, it allows you to merge 2da files so that you shouldn't have to be restricted to choosing one mod over another.

Thanks!
Page: 1 of 2