Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

KotOR Repulsor Shields

Page: 1 of 1
 Inyri
08-16-2007, 5:56 PM
This out-of-the-box mod adds literal shields to KotOR -- three of them to be precise -- which hover above the arm and are used as an off-hand weapon. They do no damage, but provide many defensive perks to make them worthwhile. They're also kind of snazzy looking, if I do say so myself... ;)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/screen_sm.jpg)

The three shields are all located in-game and do not need cheats to be used. Those not symbol-savvy: mandalorian, sith, republic, from left to right.

Download: KotOR Repulsor Shields on KotORFiles.com (http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/KotOR_Repulsor_Shields;82043)
 Quatra
08-16-2007, 11:47 PM
:angel: wow
 darthcarth
08-17-2007, 12:15 AM
Cool mod but a little to mid evil for me if it was some sort of energy sheild that activated when entering combat i would definatly use them.
 RedHawke
08-17-2007, 8:27 AM
Those look cool Inyri. :thumbsup:
 Frizz
08-17-2007, 11:57 AM
I bow before your awesomeness :bow:
 Ghost Down
08-17-2007, 12:27 PM
I assume that you have to equip it as an weapon?

- Ghost Down
 Quatra
08-17-2007, 3:18 PM
yes, you equip it in the off-hand slot
 Shadow51689
08-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Interesting. Trying it out, as I'm playing Kotor a second time (just got the game), although I've already passed Dantooine. I assume I'd have to go back to a savegame before Dantooine? I should still see the one on Korriban yes? (Haven't been there yet)

Edit: Answered my own question, as, when I was leaving Korriban, I noticed a Repulsor shield in my inventory! I don't exactly know where I picked it up (as I was looking for other stuff, trying out a few other mods), and perhaps it's best not to say anyway, to not spoil it.

My only comment is that perhaps the shield could be moved closer to the arm, just slightly? Currently, at times, the shield seems to levitate a bit too far.
 Fredi
08-19-2007, 3:42 PM
:D.... I have no words
 Mr Roboto
08-20-2007, 1:34 PM
Wow, they look great. This might be enough to get me to not always use two weapons when I play.
 Shaggoth
08-26-2007, 12:58 PM
is there any way to get them for tsl?

edit:
hey btw, give it to some npcs! :)
 Shadow51689
09-21-2007, 2:12 AM
Noticed a bug while on Kashyyyk.

Down in the Lower Shadowlands, where the Mandalorians spawn if you are not equipped with weapons, one of the Mandalorians in the first batch is armed only with one of the shields in his primary hand, and no other weapon.

The second group of Mandalorians all carry a shield as the primary weapon. Same for the group after the Swoop bike Signal device thing.

Funnily enough, it actually does do damage, as I just witnessed the Mandalorian beat poor old Jolee down with nothing more than a simple shield. :lol:

Edit: Oh and, the Mandalorian didn't drop the shield after death (not in remains).
 PoiuyWired
09-21-2007, 4:14 PM
Please, someone make a red cape and a spartan helmet! :)

Hmm... I read this post and hear "THIS IS SPARTA!" really loud in my head. :xp: -RH
 herosinger
09-23-2007, 1:09 AM
This is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in this game. I especially love the way it looks during a melee flourish animation.

On a side note, I've also come across an npc using one. It was one of the Mandalorians on Dantooine, and it was rather glitchy looking/acting. It was, of course, not found on his corpse.

In any case, thanks for giving us such a fantastic toy to play with.
 lordofmalachor
10-03-2007, 11:13 PM
man these rock. found a glitch, though. sometimes, when i load a new area, my primary weapon will be replaced with a shield, i can still attack, it just looks funny.
 Shaggoth
03-07-2012, 3:43 PM
got the same bug (i guess this is kinda necropost, but seems like it's the right place eh?). my and npc's vibrosword replaced with shield :S
any way to fix it? baseitems.2da?
 Fair Strides 2
03-15-2012, 2:11 PM
[QUOTE=Inyri;2359653]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a322/inyri/Mods/screen_sm.jpg)

I wonder if anyone would want to go out of their way to make animations for the shield to do a shield bash, eh? :)

Could also add a feat like this:
Shield Bash
Prerequisites: Soldier/Jedi Guardian;Minimum Strength of 14; Class 10.

Description: Using hidden reserves of strength gathered through many trying battles, you can use your shield to bash your opponent, stunning them for 6 seconds unless they make fortitude save equal to 8+the attacking character's level+any Strength and Constitution modifiers.

Could also give it to npcs. THAT will balance the game for sure! XD
 Shaggoth
03-29-2012, 1:59 PM
bugfix first - features later :)
btw is there a way to uninstall it? i mean if i forget to make backups.
 Sith Holocron
08-09-2015, 10:52 PM
KotOR Repulsor Shields is now available at Deadly Stream.

Link. (http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/607-kotor-repulsor-shields/)
Page: 1 of 1