Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Vehicles need more room inside them.

Page: 1 of 1
 darkjedimonkey
08-15-2007, 6:29 PM
From an Empire AT-AT to a Republic Attack Gunship the interiors of vehicles and ships have been totally lost. Where are the insides? In SWBF 2 you finally get to go into a cruiser which contains a hangar and 5 other rooms. But can't there be more? Can't we walk around inside an AT-AT? Shouldn't we be able to walk and shoot on the Attack Gunship while its flying? They got close in SWBF 1 where on Geonisis you could get into a gunship and switch from pilot to the turrets and finally you where standing on the deck holding on the the rail on the ceiling.
I think there should be more space in these ships/vehicles.
 jawathehutt
08-15-2007, 7:24 PM
I and others have suggested this before, but thats ok since its a great idea. Adding it to tanks would be a useless but cool change. ATTE/gunship and up, it would be great. Imagine driving a speeder bike out the back of an ATAT as snow troopers got out from the side. You could have clones shooting out of the open sides of a gunship and you could wander around slave 1 and the falcon. You would have to walk to the controls rather than just pressing use when next to the vehicle and you could close/ open the hatch when there was atmosphere to shoot out/get out.
 darkjedimonkey
08-15-2007, 9:43 PM
thank god
im not alone this cruel world
they focus so much on the planets and making sure everyone
likes the battlefields but what makes the game truly great is wat you can do.
i mean instead of insisting on planets from the movies why not focus on planet and insides of vehicles?
 GeneralPloKoon
08-17-2007, 4:32 AM
The vehicles don't really need more room, except for maybe the bigger vehicles, maybe an extra speeder bike placement but really just little bits.
 darkjedimonkey
08-17-2007, 4:05 PM
The vehicles don't really need more room, except for maybe the bigger vehicles, maybe an extra speeder bike placement but really just little bits.

thats wat i mean
the huge ships and vehicles
at-at's, at-te's, republic gunship's, republic cruisers, etc.
the big ones
like shouldnt we be able to RIDE on them and not have to control them
walk in them
shoot from and in them

:vsd: :atat:
 GeneralPloKoon
08-17-2007, 6:04 PM
That would be nice.
 jawathehutt
08-18-2007, 6:20 PM
I think desert combat may be the best example of this. Sure they could have just given some of the heles the 2 pilot postions and said done, but they didnt. Instead, you can park your sexy Iraqi but onto the side and not even have to go through the stress that is wingsurfing(and hiding from the MPs so you dont get a stupid ticket). And they could have made the bradley a 1 person vehicle like the tanks, but instead, its a APC of death dealing. Not to mention that you can see the others and the sexy legs of the gunner while sitting in the inside. But what would be even cooler is if when hit by a rocket, instead of everyone dieing, assuming it hits the outside, it blows a hole giving you the choice of opening the back door to not be in the firing line of enemies but possibly getting hit by another rocket while still inside, or running out the hole and hopping there isnt anyone waiting for you outside.
 darkjedimonkey
08-20-2007, 12:47 AM
That would be nice.

i love usin LAAT gunships in SWBF1 to transport troops all the way behind enemy lines, telling everyone to get out and then watching them capture a CP therefore securing the outcome of the game by squeezing the enemy from front and back until its no more

:mob:
 GeneralPloKoon
08-20-2007, 6:05 PM
Most of the time I wanted to do all the work, with them as backup.
 darkjedimonkey
08-20-2007, 11:46 PM
yeah
usually in swbf1 i give the hold positions command
and keep guard while they stand and capture it
but the LAAT/i gunships are supposed to be able to carry 20 troops +5 crew
it would be nice to have that many troops to deploy
also most of the droid vehicles like that spiderlegged thingy and the droid bomber only have three positions. i wonder why...
 TripHammer
08-23-2007, 8:22 PM
It would be nice to see the bigger vehicles hold more than one person so they acted more like troop carriers or transports. SWBF1 was better in that respect.
 vader815
08-23-2007, 9:08 PM
i really like the idea with th LAAT\i in being able to be inside w/o having to press a button. in terms of capital ships i would like it if there were hallways that lead to the internal systems and the bridge, where u could pilot the ship. and with LA's new graphics technology, the game could have a more "you snooze you lose" feel to it. ie., in a space battle if part of the hull of the ship was breached by a fighter, than the hallway at that section would be cut off due to decompression, and thats it. u cant get through.
 jawathehutt
08-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Imagine how cool it would be if you could fly a few bombers completely filled with explosives through a capital ship effectively cutting 1 level of it apart from the other.
 darkjedimonkey
08-24-2007, 12:22 AM
i really like the idea with th LAAT\i in being able to be inside w/o having to press a button. in terms of capital ships i would like it if there were hallways that lead to the internal systems and the bridge, where u could pilot the ship. and with LA's new graphics technology, the game could have a more "you snooze you lose" feel to it. ie., in a space battle if part of the hull of the ship was breached by a fighter, than the hallway at that section would be cut off due to decompression, and thats it. u cant get through.

i like ur ideas. theyre pretty kool.
i just think that thats how it was in the movies because
clones could shoot from the LAAT/i's in the genoisis battle.

i would be cool if you could blow up a fighter in mid air with a bazooka.

also i think regular guns or at least the blaster rifle should be effective
against air ships. an example of this is halo, you can shoot down
a banshee with an assault rifle. now, maybe certain vehicles like bombers or troop carriers would have to taken down with a missile launcher.
 TripHammer
08-24-2007, 4:37 PM
Imagine how cool it would be if you could fly a few bombers completely filled with explosives through a capital ship effectively cutting 1 level of it apart from the other.

Reminds me of 2 heavy troopers mining up a snow speeder on Hoth to do some serious damage to a couple of walkers. FF off and you can make a couple passes scraping the mines off your speeder. In SWBF1 the troopers had 4 mines a piece. SWBF2 only has them with 3 so it's a bit tougher.. you have to make more passes. If FF is on.. they become suicide missions.

'Course you could just rope them too... :rddance:
 jawathehutt
08-24-2007, 8:59 PM
Wheres the glory in that?
 darkjedimonkey
08-24-2007, 9:35 PM
in swbf 1 on hoth i like to either
1. blast the ATAT's until their health is down and then dive bomb them jumping out of the snowspeeder at the last second.

or

2. wait until AI on turrets take down its health and then go wookie, get into a snowspeeder and jump off of the snowspeeder onto the back of the ATAT and maybe the crashing snowspeeder might take out a couple of AI. then i use my grenade launcher and time bombs on its neck.
 vader815
08-26-2007, 2:11 PM
i would like to be able to exit my speeder in mid flight and have it crash into an AT-AT or heavily populated area and deal heavy damage
 darkjedimonkey
08-26-2007, 7:47 PM
you can.
 TripHammer
08-27-2007, 4:13 AM
Yea... you sure can.. don't forget to mine up the speeder before you do though.. Same would hold true for speeder bikes. Those things travel when you get off them ...with the inertia of a boost.

I haven't tried the wookie idea though... next on my list of things to do...
 jawathehutt
08-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Speeder bikes should be more like the traveling bombs that were jeeps in BF1942, get enough speed going and you could take out a tank with one of those.
 darkjedimonkey
08-27-2007, 4:48 PM
in the movies they were. in return of the jedi they were like missiles bent on destroying trees. except people rode on them and it was equipped with lasers.
 GeneralPloKoon
09-04-2007, 9:52 PM
The speeder bikes need to be harder to drive, cause boy, they can go fast!!!
 darkjedimonkey
09-06-2007, 3:35 PM
The speeder bikes need to be harder to drive, cause boy, they can go fast!!!

yeah tell me about it.
in the movies they go like 2,000 mph in the movies...
i remember this one scene in return of the jedi when
leia and luke are bein chased and look jacks one of the
stormtroopers and the stormtrooper falls off and slams
into a tree at like a billion mph
:blast5:
 General Bly
09-06-2007, 9:09 PM
yea i think that would be good.
 Fettscommander
09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
I like the idea of suicide bombing...You put mines all over your fighter and crash it into stuff.
 darkjedimonkey
09-12-2007, 5:26 PM
how do you do that?
 Fettscommander
09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
On the first battlefront...
 darkjedimonkey
09-13-2007, 2:58 PM
cool you just stick em' on and get it?
that sounds awesome.
ill try it.
i really hope they
show a difference in vehicle space soon.
 Fettscommander
09-13-2007, 4:53 PM
yeah same here...
 darkjedimonkey
10-02-2007, 5:03 PM
well i guess this thread is just not important?
 Darth Newfie
10-25-2007, 2:05 PM
I agree. Not only should you be able to walk around inside an ATAT or LAAt but they should obviously hold more soldiers than one or two. Its quite ironic how the number shrunk from 2 to 1 between both games.
 NL_Sudentor
03-25-2008, 11:40 AM
Why would you wanna walk insida a vehicle??

It is not important unless you want to change from gun or something but de AT AT has only 2 canons wich can be easily handled by one unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page: 1 of 1