Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

vaders apprentice darkside?

Page: 1 of 1
 darth kav
08-14-2007, 9:20 PM
now in both trailers vaders apprentice is kicking stormtrooper butt now is light or dark??

i heard a rumor couple months back that he starts of dark then vader finds out that he trick in to the dark side by sidous and vader tells his apprentice too become light. your thoughts please?????

dk
 YertyL
08-15-2007, 4:35 AM
Uhm - I think the apprentice of Darth Vader would clearly belong to the Dark Side - as also indicated by his repeated use of lightning and grip.
Perhaps there is a possiblity to be redempted in the end of the game though....
 Ztalker
08-15-2007, 5:35 AM
Okay: first of, all your questions have been answered already at the official site and the forums here :)

1) He isn't Dark Sided. He is kept under control by Vader by an arm bracelet of some sort. Also, he isn't trained to be DS, just to use the Force to aid him wherever neccesary. That's a contrast with the Jedi, who try to use the Force only when neccesary.
2) He is killing stormtroopers because he can't leave any witnesses. The rule of two is established, which means a Sith Lord can only have one apprentice at a time. Vader has his own apprentice, which he must hide from the Emperor. Also, the Emperor doesn't trust Vader (and vice versa), another motivation to hide him from the Emprire and Emperor.
3) Official site mentioned nothing about your rumor...but the site DOES mention the tale is about redemption, so it could be a lead nevertheless :)

Hope this helped.
 LordSerion
08-15-2007, 5:50 AM
Arm bracelet? Where did you see it?
 PoiuyWired
08-15-2007, 9:48 AM
Its a Choker type neck bracelet I think. Probably cause Arm Bracelet is not effective enough to control someone. A simple arm removal process would clear him of any control unit if its an arm bracelet.

Though as we know it most people does not enjoy removing their heads.
 darth kav
08-15-2007, 3:25 PM
thanks a lot ztalker that really helpedme out but i've been looking thought some pics and i can't pick up any arm braclet???
you thoghts please?.

dk
 Darth Moeller
08-15-2007, 9:26 PM
Thats what he just said, its not on his arm, its like a choker-style necklace around his neck.
 YertyL
08-16-2007, 2:10 AM
That sounds somewhat cheesy :-/
Did Vader plan on making Luke a guard dog as well??
 stoffe
08-16-2007, 7:50 AM
Thats what he just said, its not on his arm, its like a choker-style necklace around his neck.

Wonder why he'd need a slave collar when one of Vader's signature uses of the force is to choke people over considerable distances. Sounds a bit weird to rely on technology for something he could do anyway.

I guess it's a plot device to allow you to break free from enslavement, it's easier to destroy an object than the force. :)
 Ztalker
08-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Sorry for the mistake, I stand corrected.
I just read the first look at Gamespot.com, quit an old source if they dropped the whole arm-control device idea. :(

I had to get especially nerdy and ask how Darth Vader could take on an apprentice when he is himself the Sith apprentice to Emperor Palpatine. While your character is plenty evil-looking and wields a red lightsaber, company reps were quick to point out that he isn't a Sith at all. In fact, concept art shows the character wearing a sort of shackle on his wrist that Vader apparently uses to control him, so from the sound of it, there will be some ambiguity regarding your true motivations over the course of the game. You'll even have some control over the appearance of your character, possibly extending to the color of your lightsaber, though again, LucasArts isn't talking hard details about this yet.

Sourcezor: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6167043&om_act=convert&om_clk=newsfeatures&tag=newsfeatures;title;1)
Page: 1 of 1