Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Return of the Jedi re-made?

Page: 1 of 1
 TripHammer
08-12-2007, 5:32 PM
I don't know if it constitutes a remake or not... but I just watched Return of the Jedi on HBO.. and at the end of the movie when they're all celebrating their victory... Luke is looking off away from the crowd.. and sees Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin... Well they've changed the ghostly figure of Luke's father Anakin into the Anakin that played in Ep 2 and 3.

Shameful...
 DarthMuffin
08-13-2007, 9:45 AM
That's the DVD version that came out.... two years ago? They also had Ian McDiarmid as Palpatine in ESB, Temuera Morrison (Jango) as the voice of Boba Fett and fixed a few extra things (like the CG Jabba in ANH, which was very ugly in the 1997 (?) re-release).
 urluckyday
08-13-2007, 7:25 PM
It was 3 years ago, and this isn't news or anything like that. I mean, just look at all the flame wars about which ending and version is better...
 TripHammer
08-15-2007, 3:19 PM
hmmm... sry for double posting a topic.. I'm still back tracking through the forum, and catching up on topics. I certainly don't want to start up another flame thread. It just popped in my head while I was reading through some of the stuff here.

My personal thoughts are movies ought to be left alone. Doesn't have to be Star Wars. I don't even like the colorization of movies. That's shameful too.. ;)
 The Source
08-19-2007, 4:05 PM
I don't know if it constitutes a remake or not... but I just watched Return of the Jedi on HBO.. and at the end of the movie when they're all celebrating their victory... Luke is looking off away from the crowd.. and sees Yoda, Obi Wan, and Anakin... Well they've changed the ghostly figure of Luke's father Anakin into the Anakin that played in Ep 2 and 3.

Shameful...
I hear you man. What a buzz kill. I was also upset about this edit. Grrr...
 LucasForumFreak
08-21-2007, 7:18 PM
They also showed the Gungans celebrating on their world along with the Jedi Temple on Coruscant.
 Nancy Allen``
08-27-2007, 7:22 AM
They were going to have Padme make an appearence. I'm just waiting for twenty years for when Lucas remakes the prequals and gives Aayla a larger part.
 BigMike322
09-08-2007, 12:08 PM
I didn't like Hayden Christensen being the ghost of Vader. Although Iam Mcdiarmid in ESB was good. I never noticed the change in Boba Fett's voice. However I still prefer the originals. The celebrations are cool, but Greedo shooting first killed the remakes for me. I have the orginals on DVD and I highly recommend them.
 Kurgan
09-08-2007, 2:42 PM
These aren't really remakes... they're edits, tweaks, butcherings, hackjobs, whatever, but not really "remakes" in the proper sense.

But yeah I agree, those changes were crap. :(
 Taos
09-13-2007, 11:49 PM
These aren't really remakes... they're edits, tweaks, butcherings, hackjobs, whatever, but not really "remakes" in the proper sense.

Exactly, Lucas is simply tying things together a little bit more in order to make it flow with episodes I-III.

Personally I really enjoyed the new updated versions.
 Rev7
11-30-2007, 11:55 PM
I also enjoyed the new updated versions. I liked how they changed the force ghost of 'Anakin' in ROTJ to Hayden Christensen. I like it because it actually showed the face of Anakin when he was last on the lightside. IMO, of course.
 PoiuyWired
12-01-2007, 8:05 AM
Exactly, Lucas is simply tying things together a little bit more in order to make it flow with episodes I-III.

Personally I really enjoyed the new updated versions.

You mean, you do enjoy some jerks yelling "Wesa Free!!" at the end of Ep IV? :smash:
 DarthDingDong
12-01-2007, 9:08 AM
You mean, you do enjoy some jerks yelling "Wesa Free!!" at the end of Ep IV?

You gotta love the Gungans.....
 Nancy Allen``
12-01-2007, 3:45 PM
Did they at least resist having Jar Jar make an appearence?
 Rev7
12-01-2007, 7:08 PM
"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop, the world may never know..."
 Mr. Kennedy
12-03-2007, 5:02 PM
Truth be told the film has
been remade and
updated. We have Arica
in there now, the current
Anakin actor is in there,
we have Naboo and
Gungans celebrating the
Rebel victory. Isn't
Natalie Portman
supposed to be in there
in one form or another?
How about a retcon that
does not have the Fett
killed?
 herosinger
12-19-2007, 9:06 AM
Oh, Fett fell into the Sarlacc, alright. That doesn't mean he's dead...
Page: 1 of 1